Thread: Druid Typhoon

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Druid Typhoon

ok ive read the patch notes and it says only knocked back 5 yards.....5 YARDS?wtf is that shamans thunderstorm knocks back 20 yards wtf is up with that i would think winds at that speed would knock peole away more than 5 measly yards i hope blizzard fixes this

Re: Druid Typhoon

Im in wotlk beta, playing moonkin:

Typhoon 5 yards is maybe abit litte.. tho its still a gr8 spell.

But 5 yards isnt even oout of meele position :-/ so atm i hope blizz set it to 10 at least :P

5 meters would be more like it maybe. Go go blizz go metric.

Would be cool if you could blast warrior trought the walls like cannonballs as a oomkin :>

Deleted

We also have a Druid forum for druid related posts!

with al do respect.
    your compairing this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6T-gt2QiU

with this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4olBl4mWLc8

in al honesty i dont see whats soo bad about typhoon.
    sure its no thunderstorm but should it be?
    by the looks of it typhoon aint bad at al. being shot forward for what seems to be 20 to 30 yards, instead of a 12 yard radius around the caster.
    sure the damage is lower, thatll probably be balanced at some point.

one should not compair apple's and orange's

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    with al do respect.
    your compairing this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6T-gt2QiU

with this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4olBl4mWLc8

in al honesty i dont see whats soo bad about typhoon.
    sure its no thunderstorm but should it be?
    by the looks of it typhoon aint bad at al. being shot forward for what seems to be 20 to 30 yards, instead of a 12 yard radius around the caster.
    sure the damage is lower, thatll probably be balanced at some point.

one should not compair apple's and orange's
    typhoon is 5 yards
    thunderstorm is 20 yards aoe all around think about it

@ ^^^^

They're HARDLY apples and oranges. In fact, they're very similar in terms both classes being hybrids.

Anyway, typhoon isnt bad. The knock back however is. I dont understand why they dont just call it "blue splash" because that animation is just ugly.

Considering you get two 41 pointers... it's not typhoon vs thunderstorm, typhoon+force of nature vs thunderstorm

Nevertheless, in my opinion, increase to 10 yards or add a short duration slow to it

Quote Originally Posted by caow
    ok ive read the patch notes and it says only knocked back 5 yards.....5 YARDS?wtf is that shamans thunderstorm knocks back 20 yards wtf is up with that i would think winds at that speed would knock peole away more than 5 measly yards i hope blizzard fixes this
    WTF Thunderstorm has more than twice the cooldown of Typhoon.
    WTF Thunderstorm is a 51p talent, while Typhoon is a 41p one.
    WTF Typhoon has a longer range.

last time I checked druids wasn't shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    WTF Thunderstorm has more than twice the cooldown of Typhoon.
    WTF Thunderstorm is a 51p talent, while Typhoon is a 41p one.
    WTF Typhoon has a longer range.

Thunderstorm also regenerates mana and has a 20 yard knockback.

51pt.

41pt.

How is this a debate?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowestofthekeys
    Thunderstorm also regenerates mana and has a 20 yard knockback.
    Yes chief. And that's why it is a 51 pointer.

Hell, 5% mana isn't even much. It's like half a Life Tap on a 45 second cooldown. If you have 10k mana, it is 56 mp5 if you spam it every cooldown. Like Water Shield except you have to burn a GCD for it.

Elemental Shamans also have a giant need for anti-melee. Far, far more than balance druids. So it's completely fair that they get a stronger knockback. And with their 51 point talent, it is an EXTREMELY important point to note that they sacrifice Nature's Swiftness to get it, which is quite a significant portion of Ele Shaman controlled burst. So it needs to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    5 meters would be more like it maybe. Go go blizz go metric.

Would be cool if you could blast warrior trought the walls like cannonballs as a oomkin :>
    You are aware that 5 yards is, in fact, farther than 5 meters right? Go go Karpalo understand metric?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    Yes chief. And that's why it is a 51 pointer.

Hell, 5% mana isn't even much. It's like half a Life Tap on a 45 second cooldown. If you have 10k mana, it is 56 mp5 if you spam it every cooldown. Like Water Shield except you have to burn a GCD for it.

Elemental Shamans also have a giant need for anti-melee. Far, far more than balance druids. So it's completely fair that they get a stronger knockback. And with their 51 point talent, it is an EXTREMELY important point to note that they sacrifice Nature's Swiftness to get it, which is quite a significant portion of Ele Shaman controlled burst. So it needs to be good.
    ...frost shock and earthbind isnt enough for melee control?

Quote Originally Posted by caow
    ...frost shock and earthbind isnt enough for melee control?
    Easily destroyable totem, Frost Shock locks out interrupts and the movement slow is weaker than or equivalent to for example Hamstring or Crippling Poison. Seriously, that's by far not enough.

It's like saying Travel Form is enough for melee control.

Quote Originally Posted by thedoe
    You are aware that 5 yards is, in fact, farther than 5 meters right? Go go Karpalo understand metric?
    You are aware that 5 meters is, in fact, equal to 5.46806649 yards right?

no.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_is_l...eter_or_a_yard
    [me=Pokes]pokes you.[/me]

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Druids have it alot better off with roots.

Trust me this is something shamans have needed for a long long time.
    You agree with me. Therefore I approve of you. ;)
    You are, as another posters have noted, incorrect. And really, who cares? It's not like it's real yards/metres anyway. It's just a unit used to describe a range of polygons and pixels in a game. Yards work perfectly fine in this regard, as the unit is used in almost all other range descriptions too. I can't really see a single reason to start converting yards to metres in this game, unless all other units of distance were changed to the metric system too.

15+ Year Old Account

dont forget that yes it may only be 5 yards, but the druid can then cast entangling roots or cyclone, or even just have a 5 yard head start with travel form.

2 of those stop the enemy dead in their tracks, the third makes it difficult to catch for many melee (without using intercept/shadowstep etc)

the shaman knocks back 20 yards, and then can be frostshocked to get maybe 2 lightning bolts off before they're back in mullering ur face

considering the other spells available to each class i think its very fair
    (and i play both classes at lvl 70)