Ele shammy + Hunter + (Resto drood||Resto shammy) 3s

Does anyone else think this has a chance of doing pretty well? do we all know what happens when you leave a ele shammy alone at range? what about a hunter? what about the ele shammy pushing all of them away from the hunter?

now i know, no solid cc there...
    also, we are not sure how much the new pushback rules will change trying to kill a hunter.

But i'm thinking that spirit link could be a very dynamic way to spread the damage from any of those 3 classes to eachother and Flouish could be sick thrown on a hunter that is under attack with shammy using full burst rotation then running in and TS'ing the melee...

Hmm, what about resto drood and a resto shammy doing DPS as much as possible... now that spellpower makes resto dps worth a ****...

Re: Ele shammy + Hunter + (Resto drood||Resto shammy) 3s

Well many setups look viable now but i would figure you would beat melee teams pretty well with that one if you would take the fight on open ground. Then again i could see you wouldnt stand too much change against shadowplay combs giving that you might got some issues with LoS with that setup with no real snares in the setup.

unless your hunter plays it offensive running in melee :>

A team that does surprisingly well at lower brackets in 2s is ele shaman + BM hunter. I remember when i was doing 2s with my warrior friend (pally/war), we ran into this team and it was like aim shot + Beast Within + Heroism + Ele Burst.

Anyways point is this team has great potential if you utilize the burst it has to offer. I suggest getting a druid, a single cyclone on the other team's healer can determine whether one of their teammates lives or dies.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon

It really is burst setup so you even win the game in first 30 sec or you are going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispybacon
    A team that does surprisingly well at lower brackets in 2s is ele shaman + BM hunter. I remember when i was doing 2s with my warrior friend (pally/war), we ran into this team and it was like aim shot + Beast Within + Heroism + Ele Burst.

Anyways point is this team has great potential if you utilize the burst it has to offer. I suggest getting a druid, a single cyclone on the other team's healer can determine whether one of their teammates lives or dies.
    Very true on both points... I did 2s with a MM hunter a while back and we won most of our arenas (i was still in <100 resil gear even) also, good point on the cyclone. even taking the 3 second DR on top of a normal cyclone can give you a good amount of time to deal so serious burst damage.... (dont forget about Fireshock + TS + LB + LvB + ES) BTW, anyone know the time it takes for LvB to get to target? slower than LB? same as CL? does it change depending on FireShock or not?

Actually, i think you would do better with a priest, i did anyways, we hit 1700 the first night we played with kind of a mediocre hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Goodasdead
    Actually, i think you would do better with a priest, i did anyways, we hit 1700 the first night we played with kind of a mediocre hunter
    Mind if i pick your brain just a lil here? Sorry i'm an idiot when it comes to priest heals... they roll disc for pvp healing, right? that lets them do a bunch of other crap and still heal well, yes? what did a priest bring to the table that would better served than a druid? (what i'm leaning toward, but its obviously way too early to really tell) a druid will be able to take care of himself generally (bear form and take shammy heals\roots an' cyclone), plus the druid can lock out their heals during critical part of the burst part.

What can a priest bring to help there rather than a druid? I ask not to insult, but to learn, for I, being a stupid man, do not know their strengths and weaknesses (other than clothie) in an arena setting. I also prolly jsut comma spliced a few times there, lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Druid seems best, some addition to your poor CC, a welltimed cyclone can make you win.
    Also EleShaman/BMhunter/HolyPala seems to work, there are some of those at high rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Szeraax
    Mind if i pick your brain just a lil here? Sorry i'm an idiot when it comes to priest heals... they roll disc for pvp healing, right? that lets them do a bunch of other crap and still heal well, yes? what did a priest bring to the table that would better served than a druid? (what i'm leaning toward, but its obviously way too early to really tell) a druid will be able to take care of himself generally (bear form and take shammy heals\roots an' cyclone), plus the druid can lock out their heals during critical part of the burst part.

What can a priest bring to help there rather than a druid? I ask not to insult, but to learn, for I, being a stupid man, do not know their strengths and weaknesses (other than clothie) in an arena setting. I also prolly jsut comma spliced a few times there, lol.
    well a simple awnser is, the higher the bracket (2vs2 3vs3 5vs5) the more oponents youll face in 1 batle. vs3 mostly consisting of 1 healer and 2 DPS.
    now a druid is great for healing, dont get me wrong on that. but with 2 dps on 1 target. thats a lot to try and keep up, and with the amounts of damage and snares/stuns youll face as a druid at that time. i cant real imagine that working out pretty well.

thoug it will be the same with al healers. 2 DPS is hard to outheal there DPS. the priest does in this case bring a little more synergy.
    if indeed specced disc for arena. he/she will probably have more means of escape then a druid. odd as that may sound.
    that and a fhew more/better battle buffs. power infusion for the shaman, greatly increases his DPS output.
    pain supression when getting hamered on whilst being spam slowed.
    an AoE fear that can both be used defensif as well as offensif.
    and when a target is low on HP if hees friendly a heal over time would take to long to be effective, specialy with MS on the target.
    so a flash of light will generely > regrowth, life bloom or rejuvanation in that time.
    and if the target is hostyle a finishing move that can cause a decent amount of DPS, even in healing gear.

thoug in the end it al comes down to basic arena knowledge. knowing when to do what when you face certain enemys etc. etc.
    this is just my view on why a priest could be better then a druid in 3vs3...