Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Wotlk new prot moves

    anyone else think the new 51 point talent prot ability Hammer of Righteous seems a bit bland? it does damage but nothing else... same goes for Shield of Righteousness, what do yall think?

  2. #2

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Actually it hits 4 targets and can put up stacks of SoV dots on the mobs. It is also holy damage (finally) and is amazing amounts of threat. It is awesome for Prot Paladins.

    ShoR is great as well, it is useful for tanking, BUT also can be used in PVP by Shockadins/Holy/Prot Paladins.

    Both abilities are quite the welcome addition to our ability list.

  3. #3

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    I think its amazing, it procs your seals. They need to change blessing of sanctuary though.

  4. #4

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Aren't you that moron who made the thread about Retribution Paladins becoming self sufficient in raids, "or else?" Any class saying that is stupid and pompous enough within itself, but you're a Paladin, too? That just takes the cake. That is so bad that I have to respond with an equally ill turn. Please re-roll. I refuse to share my class with you. I have been a Protection Paladin since TBC beta, since before everyone (or anyone) liked us and before gear was easy, and I did not work my ass off at erecting us to the reputation we're at today only for idiots like you to ruin it.
    QFT

  5. #5

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    TBH I think we now have to many tanking abilites.

    It was already hard enough to get a good rotation going with all the GCDs. Haveing ran Utgarde a few times, im finding HoR rather shit. It doesnt make enough threat to warrant the GCD, id rather use somthing else.

    It is almost like playing a totaly new class, tanking has changed so much. Although iv not used it yet, I see Shield or Rightiouesness being very good. But I feel the insane number of GCDs for tanks has to be addressed.


  6. #6

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Warrior tanking has been battle of the global cooldown for a few years now. You'll learn to adapt.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  7. #7

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    I guess i was just expecting something along the lines of a damage mitigation ability. I guess im not too stoked about another threat move because in the burning crusade i never had much trouble tanking with the moves that were given to me.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    447

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    What are you smoking, dude? First of all, you are going to need more threat than you did in the Burning Crusade. There is no more Blessing of Salvation. And secondly, just because the two abilities you mentioned are threat moves doesn't mean all the changes are threat moves. Paladins got plenty of mitigation buffs, including more Holy Shield charges on a shorter cooldown (while Warriors had Shield Block cooldown increased to an entire minute), Improved Thunder Clap being baked into our Judgements, a Shield Wall on 5 minute cooldown (4 minutes with talents), a Power Word: Shield type ability, and the fact that strength now increases our block value significantly.

    And after all that, the developers have recently stated they don't even consider Protection Paladins ready... Apparently, they think we're the least ready ones, with all the attention they've been giving the other tanks recently. So they plan to add more to us. We are golden.
    Everything he said.

    I have both a Feral Druid and Prot Paladin. It's odd that developers believe Prot Paladins are the least ready ones as they have the highest single target and AoE TPS of any tank at the moment with enough SBV to make Shield of Righteousness hit like a mac truck. Feral Druids are losing all their armor/int on gear and are the only tanks without a mass AoE generator while Swipe doesn't scale well enough to provide adequate threat minus mobs jumping on someone because they healed you.

    However, looking at it from my Prot Paladin's perspective. The fact that you all are given abilities which reduce the costs of tanking abilities is nice and all... It will make tanking instances/heroics much less drink-and-go. However, what I want on my Paladin is damage mitigation deeper in my tree. Not things that reduce the cost of my abilities as this will not even help my TPS or anything in a raid environment when I am taking enough damage and getting enough heals to not even worry about efficiency.

    I want to give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he kinda wanted to point that out. However, based on his post with Ret Paladins being self sustaining... It's kinda hard to see it that way. Regardless, the 51 point talent is absolutely golden for single target TPS and can Proc all of your seals. A Paladin being able to stack Seal of Vengeance (Corruption in my case) on 3 mobs is just plain sick. The ability is so awesome, I do not get how someone could not see it's potential. Then again -- Pre BC there were people asking if they should spec Mangle or Nature's Swiftness as a Feral PvP Druid. :P

  9. #9

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Well put no argument there

  10. #10

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Does corruption really generate more threat than righteousness? (speaking of the main target ofc)
    Correlation does not imply causation.

  11. #11

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by zox
    Does corruption really generate more threat than righteousness? (speaking of the main target ofc)
    What is so surprising, what would be the use of SoV if it wouldn't outDPS/outTPS SoR on long fights?

    However, the AP coefficient on it is a little too high, twice the SP coefficient. So that one will probably get tuned down.

  12. #12

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    as far as the SoV/SoC im not sure if there is any difference between them but there reducing the debuff time from 18 seconds to 15.
    and as far as the new talent being able to apply it really dont matter to me due to its horrid proc rate.
    i got a tankadin now and i got a 1.6 atk spd weapon and half the time i cant get it to proc to keep it on a mob/boss. im not sure if anyone else has that problem but when it dont proc for 18 seconds and it goes away and i have to start stacking over again its really agrovating and i refuse to use it unless im fighting certain boss's... which i understand that when its up and going yeah its great threat but it dosent like to proc so your not getting any threat from it especially if the stacks go away on you and you cant judge it for hardly anything... SoR is far better in most cases due to the crap proc rate.


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Demon+Soul&n=Saratobi
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Straten

  13. #13

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    that will make it worth it then... all i have to go by is the current rate at which it blows monkey testies


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Demon+Soul&n=Saratobi
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Straten

  14. #14

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Hammer of the Righteous is amazing, interactive, and makes tanking fun.

  15. #15

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    That's bad to a lot of people apparently Ryoten. Too many (bad)tankadins are too used to the TBC mechanics of pressing a couple buttons and letting the game play itself, I guess.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

    http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

    For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

  16. #16

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Well, i should try tanking once is think i love to be retri but tanking sounds fun now
    Pride Paladin of the Order of Blood Knights

  17. #17

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    That's bad to a lot of people apparently Ryoten. Too many (bad)tankadins are too used to the TBC mechanics of pressing a couple buttons and letting the game play itself, I guess.
    tanking trash in random places i sometimes focus primarily on holy shield and consecrate. thus if my primary target dies and i dont rejudge, i dont necessarily restart my autoattack.

    One day the guilds warrior goes "Hey guys! Look! Im Bisley!" and turns off his autoattack and just stands there while mobs beat on him.

    Paladin currently is the essence of drool-cup tanking class. I would love for it to be more interactive

  18. #18

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Aren't you that moron who made the thread about Retribution Paladins becoming self sufficient in raids, "or else?" Any class saying that is stupid and pompous enough within itself, but you're a Paladin, too? That just takes the cake. That is so bad that I have to respond with an equally ill turn. Please re-roll. I refuse to share my class with you. I have been a Protection Paladin since TBC beta, since before everyone (or anyone) liked us and before gear was easy, and I did not work my ass off at erecting us to the reputation we're at today only for idiots like you to ruin it.

    To the OP:

    Forget the fact that one of these abilities allows you to use defensive weapons and tank several mobs without Consecration, and the other streamlines your avoidance with threat generation and helps you do some actual damage. How can you say, as a Paladin, that being given any 2 active abilities on 6 seconds cooldowns is bland? You must not have been around when the Paladin class was gutted 2 weeks before WoW's release, when we couldn't main tank, heal, or DPS, and all we had to cast for over a year afterwards was one seal every 30 seconds. Where do you think that the jokes about watching porn or making a sandwich while playing a Paladin came from? No. Nothing about this new Paladin, with possibly more active abilities than the GCD would let you fit into a rotation, is "bland."
    Funny, I was Prot & Holy in Classic. <3 the Styleens. And it is obvious you have not read through my posts in that topic, so feel free to take your own assumptive self righteous ass out of the class.

    Had you actually read the topic, and my replies to people, you would see that it was a "warning" not an order, and as such people can do with it what they want; but there are changes coming to Ret raiding esp in the 10 man raid scene. You would also have learned that I was a Paladin and more than just a little knowledgeable about the class and the issues it faces.

    But nice to see that you believe you are the only Paladin that has done anything to get the class fixed or respected at the jobs it was meant to be doing. Yup, only through your efforts was the class "erected" to its current level.

    /eyeroll

  19. #19

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisley
    tanking trash in random places i sometimes focus primarily on holy shield and consecrate. thus if my primary target dies and i dont rejudge, i dont necessarily restart my autoattack.

    One day the guilds warrior goes "Hey guys! Look! Im Bisley!" and turns off his autoattack and just stands there while mobs beat on him.

    Paladin currently is the essence of drool-cup tanking class. I would love for it to be more interactive
    You are going to love WotLK then. Especially after 75 when you are able to add ShoR (Shield of Righteousness) to your rotation. Tanking before 75 feels as if something is missing, although it is A LOT more fun than TBC. With ShoR it feels almost complete, hopefully the focus review of Paladins will address this.

  20. #20

    Re: Wotlk new prot moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    There is no more Blessing of Salvation
    I guess no one told you but the BoS have been folded in 2 all tanking classes as far a can see upping there threat by 30%.
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •