Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Choice of Armor Model (races)

I am confused why you guys insist on constantly having the female Blood Elf as your model for EVERYTHING. If you are going to show off Plate armor, do it on a Dwarf or an Orc. You know..the classes in which Plate gear actually looks good, and looks like Plate?

Thanks.

Re: Choice of Armor Model (races)

quiet you

Deleted

The OP speaks the truth. Please show cloth armor on female bloodelf. leather on felamle nightelf, chain on male orcs and plate on male humans. pleasepleaseplease

or..
    Cloth on female orcs
    leather on female orcs
    mail on female orcs
    and plate on female orcs
    the only thing female belfs are good for is naked bank alts

Quote Originally Posted by Paranitis
    I am confused why you guys insist on constantly having the female Blood Elf as your model for EVERYTHING. If you are going to show off Plate armor, do it on a Dwarf or an Orc. You know..the classes in which Plate gear actually looks good, and looks like Plate?

Thanks.
    All I have to say is....seriously? These guys at MMO-Champion don't have to do this at all, but you still complain? Make a dwarf on the beta and put everything in the dressing room. But stop the qq.
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    The OP speaks the truth. Please show cloth armor on female bloodelf. leather on felamle nightelf, chain on male orcs and plate on male humans. pleasepleaseplease
    Cloth - Female Blood Elf (Okay, that works..though I'd rather see it on a Human or something that stands upright)
    Leather - Female Night Elf (That can work as well, since Leather is for those who are typically of slighter build and quicker)
    Mail - Male Orcs (Can also work..I'm just sad that most Mail in this game doesn't actually look like it's made of Mail)
    Plate - Male Humans (WRONG! Male Orc or Male Dwarf is what Plate looks the best on. Hands down.)

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    All I have to say is....seriously? These guys at MMO-Champion don't have to do this at all, but you still complain? Make a dwarf on the beta and put everything in the dressing room. But stop the qq.
    First off, it's not a complaint. It's a question as to why they chose Female Blood Elf over something that looks good with Plate.

Secondly I am not in the Beta yet, which is the reason why I come to MMO-Champion in the first place. If I were in the Beta already, I'd be seeing everything first hand.

Thirdly, I think people are overusing the term "QQ" by now and nobody even understand what QQ or whining/crying even is anymore. Someone doesn't agree with you so they are QQing, right?

No, but you are being ungrateful...and why does it matter how the models look on anyone, they look the same regardless. Besides, they could quite possibly be changed between now and release, anyways. QQ as I learned it, meant whining or complaining, both of which you are doing.
    This user has been banned.

did you ever think maybe because its a guy thats doing it. e.g. The Belf in red undaroes.

i still wonder why dudes make chick toons. Thats the real question we should be asking.
    *80 Rogue*-Us,Thrall
    *80 Druid*-Us,Thrall

*Mage*- WoW's Betty Crocker

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    No, but you are being ungrateful...and why does it matter how the models look on anyone, they look the same regardless. Besides, they could quite possibly be changed between now and release, anyways. QQ as I learned it, meant whining or complaining, both of which you are doing.
    I'm not being ungrateful in the least bit. I appreciate they are giving out information, I am just wondering why it's not in a more efficient manner. If you want to show off the art of the in game armor, then do it on characters in which the armor looks the best.

Blood Elves might make good naked mailbox dancers, but they are not good at all when showing off armor of any kind.

I agree with the OP to an extent. Female blood elves have some of the smallest shoulder sizes, smallest surface areas, and females always have skewed chest pieces because of breasts.

If the intent is to show off the armor pieces, a female blood elf is probably the least effective at doing so. Almost all the armor models are 'designed' on male humans, and then adjusted to work on all the other races. If it was up to me, all models would be displayed on a male human, simply for best display purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Camellights
    i still wonder why dudes make chick toons. Thats the real question we should be asking.
    So you prefer looking at males over females? I see ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

i think they should show it on a female and a male toon, because we all know a plate chest on a male toon can turn into a bikini on a female >_>

Quote Originally Posted by klheart
    i think they should show it on a female and a male toon, because we all know a plate chest on a male toon can turn into a bikini on a female >_>
    They should change it so all female bikini armor turns into male banana hammock armor.

Realise something - the picture isn't to make the item look "OMFG WTF THAT LOOKZ IMBAZ", it's to give you an idea of what it actually looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevoron
    Lol if your paying that much attention to lookin at your toon you probly need to go outside for awhile.
    *80 Rogue*-Us,Thrall
    *80 Druid*-Us,Thrall

*Mage*- WoW's Betty Crocker

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternus
    Realise something - the picture isn't to make the item look "OMFG WTF THAT LOOKZ IMBAZ", it's to give you an idea of what it actually looks like.
    Exactly my point though. If you want to show what something looks like, show it on something that will actually show it off. Blood Elves are the worse neutral ground when trying to show off Armor because their shoulders are small, their figures are compact..all that stuff. If you want to show off Plate gear (which is known for big shoulder art) then you use something with big shoulders..such as Male Orc, Male Dwarf, or Male Tauren. I say Males because they show the art off the best and the female versions all have scaled down gear sizes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by drakath
    I agree with the OP to an extent. Female blood elves have some of the smallest shoulder sizes, smallest surface areas, and females always have skewed chest pieces because of breasts.

If the intent is to show off the armor pieces, a female blood elf is probably the least effective at doing so. Almost all the armor models are 'designed' on male humans, and then adjusted to work on all the other races. If it was up to me, all models would be displayed on a male human, simply for best display purposes.
    What he said. I (and everyone else) wants to see the armor. We dont give a dam about the toon itself. Its best displayed on human males so please show it. Cloth armor tho is better on a female nelf or belf tho...

What a odd thread to create. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Nevoron
    If the males look better in gear (including weapons) and have better animations, yes, then I do prefer to look at males in game.

Really want to look at pixelated chicks? There are better resources on the internet then a crappy WoW model.

Sorry, but Blood Elf chicks suck at everything, they can't even look better as clothies considering their offensive animations suck that much, yes, Orcs make better looking Warlocks then Belf females.