Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Content Patch Before Wrath of the Lich King / Arenas

so what about new shield block and old crushing blows heh?

They're removing your arena points upon hitting level 71?
    That's pretty... weird.

A release date for that patch is quite easy to estimate:
    It will most likely be around a month before the release of Wotlk and after the talents and skills are 99% finalized. As soon as all the classes had their balancing attention and those loooong class changes compilations here on mmo-champion are getting shorter and shorter and only deal with very minor things you can start hoping for the patch. But I would be very suprised if that was any time before late October

Quote Originally Posted by memento
    A release date for that patch is quite easy to estimate:
    It will most likely be around a month before the release of Wotlk and after the talents and skills are 99% finalized. As soon as all the classes had their balancing attention and those loooong class changes compilations here on mmo-champion are getting shorter and shorter and only deal with very minor things you can start hoping for the patch. But I would be very suprised if that was any time before late October
    The public 2.0 patch was released 5 weeks before TBC, rogues talent has Cloack of Shadow as 41 Sub tree... When TBC hits live server, CoS was a level 66 skill. Patch bridge talents =/= LK release talents !!

What about S4? That wont be "balanced" with the new talents...

I hope s4 ends before the patch.

S4 won't ever end. There will be new seasons at 80, but S4 is the final season for the 70's.

Also I think every one in the game is getting bored/aggitiated with the current game. The new talents will be fun. Straight up wtf fun. Yes there will be bugs, things will be op. Guess what? NOTHING IS PERFECT. Unless you just hit 70 and started raiding/pvping I seriously doubt you are still having oodles of fun. You may very well be. Though there is a lot of people who are bored.

When I hear, or read, about people talking about what will kill WoW. It seems like their world is going to end if WoW isn't exactly what they want. What game will be better, what game will offer more kewl stuff, what will be balanced, etc and so forth. Look at it this way; What game will be the most FUN for you? Let us remember this is still a game. That is a huge problem with most WoW players I meet. Its like a job. No its a game. Treat it as one. If it is not fun, don't play it.

As to the people talking about when. Well they said in the coming weeks, not months. Don't try to read into what they have said. Simply read what they said. If they change their plans, they change them. Right now they said weeks. 2-3 weeks max till it comes out.

Personally I am quite excited. Every one I play with is excited. Its new, that is the biggest thing for me.

Balancing, who cares? Wrath is coming out, they don't care about balancing right now. Hell they opened up BT/Hyjal for every one who can get ZA/Badge gear.

TBC is over.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    They're removing your arena points upon hitting level 71?
    That's pretty... weird.
    Not really if you stop to think about it.
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

Blizzard has never "deleted" anything from players, e.g. honor, or reputation.
    They'd just increase the cap, or add a new faction.

So, yeah, it's kind weird actually.
    They are punishing all the players who got 5000 arena points right now.

If I'm right and if I'm remembering Burning Crusade correctly, this patch is basically Blizzard throwing a huge chunk of WOTLK content our way that they're happy is pretty much done and dusted.

You install that, get access to some WOTLK stuff but not all. The rest just sits there waiting for release.

They may then release another couple of smaller patches prior to release. Once release day hits, you just have to enter your CD key on the website and you pretty much hit the ground running. No lengthy install process, as you already have the content on your PC.

That's how I remember it with BC. One of the pre-release patches for BC was 600mb and that was all the new maps and models. It wouldn't surprise me if this WOTLK pre-patch is also of the 600mb+ mark.

Either way, it's good news and seems to suggest November is looking promising.

Blizzard has never "deleted" anything from players, e.g. honor, or reputation.
    They'd just increase the cap, or add a new faction.

So, yeah, it's kind weird actually.
    They are punishing all the players who got 5000 arena points right now.
    So Badge of Justice should be the currency to buy 80 epics too?
    I will get 5000 arena points and 75k honor / 100x4 marks.
    But still, its not fair at all. New players will have nothing at 80 and old players who PVP much will have tons of gear day 1. Not fun to play vs us who got max saved arena/honor.

Reset Arena and Honor points + marks imo. Then all start on square one = fair. An alternative would be to raise the cap to 10 000 / 150 000 or so. But i still prefer the reset even though i would get a huge boost if they dont.

No obviously not, but they won't delete your level 70 badges just because level 80 ones are available either. Which is what they're doing now with arena points.

No obviously not, but they won't delete your level 70 badges just because level 80 ones are available either. Which is what they're doing now with arena points.
    Well, they delete it once you reach lvl71. So just buy the stuff before you ding.

You can't buy level 80 stuff with Badge of Justice. So they either reset arena points, or create L70 arena points and L80 arena points. They decided that as soon as you hit 71, you have given up the chances to get L70 stuff and thus reset your points.

Would be bad to be able to stack points now for L80 arena gear, just like spending BoJ for L80 pve epics.

Bogus comparisons FTW! The current badges of justice will be replaced by new badges for level 80 gear, so if you had 500 badges of justice saved, at level 80 you'd be able to buy 500 badges worth of level 70 gear. If you kept your 5000 Arena points you'd be able to level to 80 and instantly buy a bunch of level 80 Arena purples and instantly outgear everyone who didn't have Arena points saved. Maybe a little imba yes? But then I guess not being able to wave your epeen about earlier than everyone else is what's got you upset. Just spend your points on level 70 Arena gear before you start levelling ffs.

From what i have read:
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....67877160&sid=1

and how i understand it u can still arena at 70 to your hearts content but u will only be able to do that as long as ur 70 and u go any farther u will be reset. not sure if this is for arenas and honor or just arenas so u cant save ur points up to just buy the gear when u hit 80 sorry to all those who thought differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    I'll provide a link as long as I find it

I'm not worried - I'm currently doing testing in the beta, but I would prefer it on live of course

Edit: After a quick search I found this interview. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=7361.0 --> Scroll down for "Patch 2.5?" I'm sure I read a blue post that was specifically saying that unless there will be a delay, they don't plan to make such a patch Anyway, off to work, see you later
    Well, we are not talking about a 2.5 patch here, but most likely a 3.0. A 2.5 patch would be further changes/content added to the Burning Crusade, while the 3.0 is simply a patch made to test the woltk stuff on the live servers

New arena weapon sounds very bad compared to Naxx 25man.
    186.5 dps vs 203.6

Lets hope thats wrong or we are gonna see PVE guys in top arena even more...

I imagine the difference will be in resilience, in that PvE geared people in Arena will get destroyed fast even if they're higher-tier-geared, due to the fact they get crit more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Soresu
    I imagine the difference will be in resilience, in that PvE geared people in Arena will get destroyed fast even if they're higher-tier-geared, due to the fact they get crit more often.
    Yeah but full PVP set with PVE weapon = win, not to much resil loss from 1-2 pieces. 17 DPS is insane and not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by larsson
    New arena weapon sounds very bad compared to Naxx 25man.
    186.5 dps vs 203.6

Lets hope thats wrong or we are gonna see PVE guys in top arena even more...
    actually thats a good thing, TBC was plagued with arena weapons being alot better then pve weapons, yust look at the one handed swords for rogues, they are simply the best ingame for them.

Might be true you'll see PvErs now going in with there PvE weapons in arena, but remember, the diffrence in resillence needed will be much higher, you'll see PvE people be punished alot more with using them in sense of resillence.

Yeah but full PVP set with PVE weapon = win, not to much resil loss from 1-2 pieces. 17 DPS is insane and not fair.
    fair for PvE players to PvP for better items? i think not.