Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hot Streak, hot enough?

As said in the Imp Scorch thread as far as ive seen, and the new Hot Steak...
    Crit might be more worth it than a simple +10% damage, as it will get Instant Pyros in our rotation, and with Burnout giving us 245% crit bonus, Why not? =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceknight
    Well now that imp scorch has been changed, I have no choice but to agree. Of course I havent seen any TC on the subject yet but I would guess that Fire will just be lacking without it. It really doesnt offer much to the raid nor personal dps (hopfully Blizz will notice the lack of utillity that fire brings versus a frost mage and either correct our utillity or increase our DPS acordingly, but i may be dreaming). I will have to argue that while Arcane has really high DPS the fact of the matter is it wont last more then a minute. Mana regen in the new expansion may make up for this but only time will tell.
    With talents and the Glyph, the WE can be up 1/2 of the time, not counting Cold Snap. That's a pretty big boost to Frost dps.

Before the change? No

After the change? Yes. Please.

I don't know about you guys, but i'm always up for Instant Pyroblasts (especially when i can do a combustion, let my +crit get a bit higher, DB/Fireblast, and have a 70% Crit Instant Pyro ready to go.)

15+ Year Old Account

pyro in fire rotation ? FUK YEA SEAKING ! ;D

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Choose the Imp Scorch Glyph and you only have to cast scorch once to get the full 5 stacks for 10% crit.

Hotstreak is now nice in pve and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    With talents and the Glyph, the WE can be up 1/2 of the time, not counting Cold Snap. That's a pretty big boost to Frost dps.
    Why did you quote me? Frost is good right now, its dps is lacking compared to arcane but it lasts much longer then arcane. And while the CD reducions on WE are good they will not improve your dps as drastically as you might think. On average WE accounts for about 10-15% of your dps in a raid. (At a 3 min CD using cold snap right after). Making it one less minute i would guess (cant test it so its just a estimate) that it would increase your total dps by about 15%+(15%x.33)= 20% thats about 5% extra damage from the decreased CD of WE. While a noteworth improvement it is its not really that ground breaking. Not to mention that WE mana regen is getting nurfed pretty hevily (which i believe you already know). So as of right now I am happy with the Utillity/Damage balence in Frost.

But....

I dont have the same confidence in fire anymore. Losing +10% damage was a pretty big hit. I dont really care about +10% crit because you know what? There would be a frost mage in the raid with me. So all this does really is give me 3 extra points to dick around with on my tree. I already have all I need from Fire but i only have 51 points invested there. (and i need living bomb) So unless things are changed before the release. Fire is SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by snwborder52
    Before the change? No

After the change? Yes. Please.

I don't know about you guys, but i'm always up for Instant Pyroblasts (especially when i can do a combustion, let my +crit get a bit higher, DB/Fireblast, and have a 70% Crit Instant Pyro ready to go.)
    What are you talking about? Hot streak has been the same sense its creation. Unless you are talking about imp scorch. And if you are talking about imp scorch you should probably rethink your statement. I dont know about you but in Wrath i want to be able to raid end game content. Crit scales terribly, damage on the other hand is way better at that task. And i think i just noticed that you are talking about PvP :S Yes the new imp scorch is better for PvP forget everything I just said :S

Quote Originally Posted by Iceknight
    What are you talking about? Hot streak has been the same sense its creation. Unless you are talking about imp scorch. And if you are talking about imp scorch you should probably rethink your statement. I dont know about you but in Wrath i want to be able to raid end game content. Crit scales terribly, damage on the other hand is way better at that task. And i think i just noticed that you are talking about PvP :S Yes the new imp scorch is better for PvP forget everything I just said :S

It is now only 2 crits for a proc of an instant pyroblast instead of 3 crits for a guaranteed 4th crit.

So you should re-evaluate Hot Streak on your desire of an instant pyroblast in your pve rotation - boosted by WC or Imp Scorch.

Ahhhh yes....I didnt realize the main page hadn't been updated when I had post. This is very intresting, on one hand I am happy that fire gets a chance to use pyro when raiding. On the other it sadens me because the "tri-cast" triple crit was going to be so cool. I also dont like the fact that there is no way to chain it. As i mentioned above you could chain hot streak before using a Fireball/fireblast/scorch combo shot. Continuosly being 100% crit. Now that is gone and we are forced to look to other means for the talent. I await TC to make any judgement. As of right now i am in mourning of the old version.

Could only get it once, unless you wanted to wait out the Fireblast cooldown.

You are right....

Switch Fireball for Pyro, get imp fireblast, All fixed.

But sense the talent has changed it doesnt matter anymore anyway.

It's also been discussed and analyzed on the EJ forums.

The new Hot streak talent is even more of a DPS increase than the previous talent. And also it'll add some badly needed reactiveness to fire DPS. The current rotation for fire is:

scorch x5, living bomb, fireballx4, living bomb, fireballx3, scorch, living bomb, fireballx4, living bomb, fireballx3, scorch, etcetera.

If anywhere during slapping down this rotation you get 2 crits in a row, you just cast a pyroblast, as long as you keep living bomb and scorch up. Ofcourse if there is a frostmage with you in the raid, you don't need to scorch at all anymore, which would further increase your DPS.

I'm very happy with this talentchange, it has turned our DPS rotations from the boring:
    a) Fireball at infinitum while keeping scorch up.

into

b) Keep living bomb and scorch up, fireballing away and casting pyroblast whenever you can.

Basically changing our rotations from using 1-2 spells into 3-4 spells.