Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arcane Missles and Master of Elements

Quote Originally Posted by thunderq
    This is the right way and probably the way it's going to be.
    As for blizzard same calculation but like this (30/x/y)*z % of mana cost
    x being number of waves(i think its 8?)
    y being number of targets
    z the number of crits
    So if you got 10 targets you crit on 2 each wave the calculation would be 30/8/10 *16=6% mana back in other words a fifth of the max since you critted a fifth of the time.
    In other words, exactly not how MoE already works.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    In other words, exactly not how MoE already works.
    Well that's the only fair way imo, if critting once would get you the max benefit 30% mana back, it would be a flat -30% mana cost for blizzard since its highly unlikely that with 4 targets and 8 waves, you won't have a single cirt.

Well that's the only fair way imo, if critting once would get you the max benefit 30% mana back, it would be a flat -30% mana cost for blizzard since its highly unlikely that with 4 targets and 8 waves, you won't have a single cirt.
    Yep, its the same with all AoE spells, -30% mana most of the time!

Pretty much. Although I've seen Flamestrike hit 8 mobs for 8 crits and hit 8 mobs for no crits before in Hyjal. Only way I can keep up with the Locks in damage (after I told the tanks to get them in a REAAAALLY tight circle).

Heres a better question :

Can every missile of AM proc impact?

Quote Originally Posted by Batlhazar

I did made a Topic about that earlyer but i didnt get any replies. So i would love to know that to, Impact is fearly low chans on happening, but if you get like 2 or 3 procs on the same AM it will stun alot, depending on how it works, if it works at all...?

Quote Originally Posted by Batlhazar

I can't imagine it wouldn't. Think about how Clearcast works now: each missile has a chance to "use" it. Makes Arcane viable for PvP.

Given that mutilate only needs one weapon to proc sealfate i would expect it`s on similar mechanics in future. So if it crits you will be refunded but the proc won`t stack.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    I can't imagine it wouldn't. Think about how Clearcast works now: each missile has a chance to "use" it. Makes Arcane viable for PvP.
    That's not correct. Go do some casting on live and see when the clearcasting buff is applied to you - at the spell cast completeion (or initiation in channelled spell cases) or spell impact. Hint: It's not the latter.

The chance to proc Impact from AM will be spread accross the full duration of the spell; the entire spell has a 10% chance to proc it, so a very simplified look at it would be 2% chance per missile (that's total nursery math however, cba to give an accurate number).

Back on the correct topic; I imagine it will be the same as FS, one bolt is required to crit to proc it, but it will only proc once. However, given the ungodly mana cost of AM, it would be nice if it could proc off each bolt. Enough crit would turn it into you're own mini recharge. But that's pretty much the main reason why it most probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryostasys
    That's not correct. Go do some casting on live and see when the clearcasting buff is applied to you - at the spell cast completeion (or initiation in channelled spell cases) or spell impact. Hint: It's not the latter.
    Maybe I wasn't clear: casting an AM UNDER the CC buff gives each missile the increased crit chance. However, the AM spell only has one shot to PROC CC itself.

The chance to proc Impact from AM will be spread accross the full duration of the spell; the entire spell has a 10% chance to proc it, so a very simplified look at it would be 2% chance per missile (that's total nursery math however, cba to give an accurate number).
    If it's anything like Flamestrike works with Impact, each missile will be given it's own 10% chance. Considering it's a debuff applied to the target, rather than a buff applied to the player, I'm leaning towards it being able to proc from each bolt, unless you have something to prove otherwise.