Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warrior: The Truth about WoTLK Changes

Mak, just fyi, changing the wording on Shield Mastery isn't changing anything.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeldar
    sword & broad sucks:< it's not really worth 5 talents even:/ Warriors have SW that's nice but the single target threat won't be that imba:/
    When I crit a SS, I gain about 3k threat on a target.
    When I crit a SS, and instantly refresh my CD, then crit again, I'll be uncatchable in threat.
    If I chain shield slam (I.E. refresh it's CD on every SS for 3-4 hits), even without crits, my TPS will SKYROCKET. I can't believe you don't think it's worth 5 points.

So what you're saying, Red, is that by spending 5 very very valuable talent points, you can, a very small percentage of the time, get a large gain in threat that will then be evened out by all the times that it does nothing?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Currently...

Warriors will do the most threat by far, so there is a good chance your MT spot is safe. Paladins are good tanks for 5 mans when people are too lazy/dumb to cc. Anyway your post turned into a pally love post, so meh.
    source of this?
    cant see how a warrior will do "by far" more threat then a skilled DK...

Quote Originally Posted by Red
    When I crit a SS, I gain about 3k threat on a target.
    When I crit a SS, and instantly refresh my CD, then crit again, I'll be uncatchable in threat.
    If I chain shield slam (I.E. refresh it's CD on every SS for 3-4 hits), even without crits, my TPS will SKYROCKET. I can't believe you don't think it's worth 5 points.
    I can't believe you haven't done the math. Or read ur talents right.

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    In the 2000+ league, in 2v2, rogues and warriors are fairly even. In 3v3, the rogues do have a small lead. In 5v5, rogues barely exist (but they still come out ahead of druids) and warriors dominate.

Overall, rogues don't touch warriors in arena representation in any bracket that matters.
    Actually, in 2v2 and 3v3, rogues win by far and in 5v5 rogues and warriors are fairly even. The only bracket that matters is the 3v3 bracket which is the MAIN tournament bracket.

Dude this isn't a arena discusion,and I never lost from a rogue with my warrior so haha to those who do,you suck go reroll.
    I'm rerolling warrior to my main at WotLK in stead of my pala becouse I'm 100% sure warrior is still the better tank to single target,that's how it always will be.
    and I was like,arthas...if you don't stop killing ppl I'll kick you in da nouts

Calminaion

It was specifically stated (yes, a blue post, on this web-site - go and find it) that they wanted warriors to be able to be much better AOE tanks than they are now ... but they don't want to make them Paladins ... they still want Paladins to be the AOE (read 5-man) tank of choice.

No you're saying they're going to make Paladins they first choice single target tank as well ... hmmm .. nope.

There are going to be 4 tanks ... each will be able to do every job ... Magic dealing Bosses, 5 mans, AOE pulls, single target boss tanking (non magic) ... all of it. Some will just be slightly better in a specific situation than the other. DK's for magic damage dealers, Pallies for AOE, Warrior for single target mitigation and tps ... droods (hmm, dunno - can they really tank .... just kidding, calm down).

These are sentiments that have been "voiced" (by means of blue posts) many times. I really wish warriors will get off their little soap boxes and stop crying about having their precious role taken away from them. Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Calminaion
    It was specifically stated (yes, a blue post, on this web-site - go and find it) that they wanted warriors to be able to be much better AOE tanks than they are now ... but they don't want to make them Paladins ... they still want Paladins to be the AOE (read 5-man) tank of choice.

No you're saying they're going to make Paladins they first choice single target tank as well ... hmmm .. nope.

There are going to be 4 tanks ... each will be able to do every job ... Magic dealing Bosses, 5 mans, AOE pulls, single target boss tanking (non magic) ... all of it. Some will just be slightly better in a specific situation than the other. DK's for magic damage dealers, Pallies for AOE, Warrior for single target mitigation and tps ... droods (hmm, dunno - can they really tank .... just kidding, calm down).

These are sentiments that have been "voiced" (by means of blue posts) many times. I really wish warriors will get off their little soap boxes and stop crying about having their precious role taken away from them. Won't happen.
    im sorry but your wrong about that, blizzard have stated that they want all tanks to be EQUAL! but with a different flavour and a different way of doing things but there would be no difference which take you choose

you also said there that warriors are for mitigation, i dont see this, you get a 30% chance to crit block, thats highly random and unpredictable, paladins thus far have holy shield up for the entire fight blocking for the same amount as an equally geared warrior but constantly

they have also said if every guild has class X as there MT then they have failed.

they have also stated that they think paladins are the least ready for tanking at the moment and will be looking at their abilities soon, so expect alot of changes comming soon and a probable buff to paladin tanks