Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Mages, Locks, and Priests, OH MY (Armor)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Actually, oh whiner. Mages DO have to take a Glyph to make Molten Armour scale AT ALL from 70 to 80.
    An increased crit chance isn't the only thing molten armor is giving you. Perhaps its the only part of molten armor you care about... but I doubt Blizzard is going to totally base their balancing on you.

In simple terms, inner fire gives some increased protection and some increased spell effect.

In simple terms, molten armor gives some increased protection, some increased spell effect, and the game's best damage shield.

However, inner fire has 1/3 the duration of molten armor, and it is limited by charges.

When you consider talents, things stay about even for molten armor being as big of an impact ability on mages as inner fire is for priests, since impact works amazingly well with molten armor, though it has little use in pve... while the disc talent for inner fire is also situationally worth the 3 points.

However, molten armor's damage shield component scales with spell power and critical rating. Inner fire gives flat bonuses.

Furthermore, the glyph for molten armor actually makes it more powerful... adding to the "increased spell effect" I mentioned above. The glyph for inner fire, however, does not make it more powerful... only less annoying to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Quelldur
    Just remove purge from shamans, or give debuff to shamans that will stun shaman every 5 sec and stun will last 4 seconds!
    Now that´s just dumb.

I agree that it would be a justifiable change to perhaps give it a 30 min timer or something instead for those god forsaken charges, but rather than making it undispellable i´d have mages and locks get theirs dispellable again.

One must admit though that with power word shield and a flash heal and a renew and your back to square one, which is something a mage or a lock can not do.

My point is that different classes have different mechanics.. you can´t just expect the get an ability altered in a certain way just because another class have it in a certain way.
    You make up for it in other ways.
    It´s called balance.

(offtopic)
    Speaking of balance I would be all for revamping shadow specc to make it more viable in pvp, something i´v been pressing for a long time along with elemental shamen. Anyone with a little experience over the classes in pvp know what im talking about.

(ontopic)
    As mentioned before I think it would be neat if they gave it a timer instead of charges, so you can focus on other things.
    However I don´t think that this will be something that priests will stand/fall along with like some ppl seem to think :P

Ein, actualy the crit is in fact all I care about. To be honest, no Mage will care about the small ammount of extra damage that MA will do from 70 to 80. It is a pathetic upgrade.

I think Blizzard should wake up and realise that they left themselves no room to make MA scale with levels. 5% base crit would be op, however 3% crit at 70 and 3% crit at 80 is lame. You can't get the % reduction to be crit higher than 5%, that would be op also. So yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

Okay, let me clear this up for a lot of people.

Priests do not want their Inner Fire undispellable because other classes got it.

Long ago, priests did not have charges. Inner Fire got nerfed and was given charges and the duration was reduced 10 minutes.

We have been arguing with the Dev's ever since then to revert the changes back. It was fine the way it was before, and did not need charges.

We the Priest class have been arguing that same exact point for the longest time. And what hurts the most is that we have been arguing this point for the longest time, then have Blizzard change Mages / Locks armor to be undispellable. That is a big slap in the face.

Yes, I understand that the Dev's said that they really didn't like any armor being undispellable and would probably revert the changes back. However, have you heard anything new about it? It was just a way to say, "Priests, calm down and forget about it." (ie: Jedi Mind Trick)

What every keeps forgetting is that we had our's nerfed several times, and Mages / Locks get the buff. How exactly does that work?

There were a few people saying we do not deserve our Armor to be undispellable (not have charges). Why? What exactly is it going to change?

The only reason why we do not want charges. Shit, as I said before, I don't mind casting it over and over, but the mere fact that I have to cast it over and over because I'm getting melee'd down is taking away from other GCD's. That is just wrong. I'm forced to recast my best survivability spell over and over, while not being able to heal myself.

Also, what everyone is forgetting - without our magic buffs, priests get destroyed. It's pretty nasty.

I understand that other classes wish there spells were undispellable (ie: Water shield), but this conversation is not about that. That does not deal with Armor.

This whole conversation is why priests shouldn't deserve to have their Inner Fire undispellable. And so far, there has only been a few people that have understood that.

I get that this game is not 'Let's have every class the same'. HOWEVER, as I have stated before, our Armor was nerfed into the ground, and we just want it un-nerfed.

I can say, hey, Play a shaman and see how you like it dispelled, etc etc. Any class can say that. However, this topic is not POINTED in that direction. If you wish to have something at YOUR CLASS looked at it, then take the time and make a post about it. Don't bring your stupid conversations into a topic that I take to heart.

LONG LIVE INNER FIRE.

No charges. 28% base mana cost. 30 minute duration.

I'm happy.

Imo... remove the charges, and im happy.... shamans are still gonna be a pain... But inner fire cant change that
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    much like Water Shield is on GCD now. I agree, those should be changed
    I'm sorry, it cost's a GCD to remove it so why shouldn't it cost a GCD to put it back on?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I'm sorry, it cost's a GCD to remove it so why shouldn't it cost a GCD to put it back on?
    Isn't purge on a faster GCD than other spells?

i've read everything up to here and some of u have a point, others dont. here r my 2 cents. inner fire is weak atm and i think spending 3 points in imp IF should also improve charges and duration for 60%. that was my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    anyone using demon armor anyway? im no lock, but all i see is 99% locks with fel one and 1% without any
    Demon Armor will be the new PvP armor for locks since the +% healing in Fel Armor has been transfered to it. Fel Armor is strictly on PvE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraeth
    oh come on.
    we have by far the weakest armor debuff which is out there!
    we need to spend 3 talent points to get it somewhere near mage/warlock's armor.
    this is just bs!

same goes for dispersion, a 51-point talent that cant be used while cc'd and which is affected by stuff like MS and all those other healing-decreasing abilities.
    priests finally need some REAL love, and not just a 30% scaling buff for mindflay. there is heaps to do! and no one seems to care
    because all those dev's seem to play other classes more often and not as half as situational as a priest.

im just sad, even if we might get some love, there is still a lot of fixing to be done to keep us as a competitive class compared to other healers/dd's

demon armor - Protects the caster, increasing armor by 950
    inner fire - A burst of Holy energy fills the caster, increasing armor by 2440

thats with improving either through talents and not including the other effects how is that no where near what warlocks have?
    you can also cast bubbles and in shadow form your physical mitigation is greater than ours
    please refrain from comparing yourself to locks

that being said i see no reason why inner fire cant be taken off the GCD or at least reduced to maybe 1sec or .5 gcd

Demon Armor increases heals taken by 25%, which is better than 1300 armor...
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Demon Armor increases heals taken by 25%, which is better than 1300 armor...
    its 20% untalented and you also get 120 spell damage on inner fire now

again this is why i left out the other effects i know 20% health > 120 spell damage in terms of arena

your talent also improves it by 60%.... yes 60% while our talent only increases it by 30%

We don't have bubble, renew, -15-18% physical damage reduction, blessed recovery, blessed resilience, focused will(reduces damage and increases healing), a FOUR second horror effect on a 30-26 sec cooldown, dispersion, pain supression, dispel protection talents, prayer of mending......

Oh and innerfire>demon armor to boot.

I have a 2k lock and a 2k priest....inner fire being dispelled isn't on my list of priest concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    We don't have bubble, renew, -15-18% physical damage reduction, blessed recovery, blessed resilience, focused will(reduces damage and increases healing), a FOUR second horror effect on a 30-26 sec cooldown, dispersion, pain supression, dispel protection talents, prayer of mending......

I have a 2k lock and a 2k priest....inner fire being dispelled isn't on my list of priest concerns.
    thank u

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf

You are a liar.

Or wait, can I really spec 51/51/51
    I'm new at this game guys. Can we list every talent in the game to say that we don't need something?

Please stop trolling my fucking forum you pathetic ass.