Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Godly Changes for Prot Warriors... what do you think?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

This is my prot build.

Also: I didn't even consider the prospect of aoe tanking with that skill. I just like it for the passive damage that it will do to bosses.

cooms

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these changes. It's just amusing to think about all the QQing it will incite(no pun intended) from the other classes.

sshhhhhhh they havnt noticed yet!!! dont spill the beans!

yes the new prot tree is just fecking lovely. you can actually hit everything good and still have some points left over!

if it goes live as it is i will be one very happy person!

btw theres a glyph of revenge that makes your HS zero rage after a revenge. so im not sure imp HS is really worth it now

The change to charge is sweet. People might not have figured it out yet, but Prot might be a, gasp..., somewhat viable spec in BG PvP now!
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by lethaldonut
    I made a few variations here...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...00000000000000

2/3 Imp heroic strike over charge.
    1/1 Anger Management (lost 1% crit)
    2/2 Imp Revenge over Improved Disciplines (it increases revenge damage now).
    Seems a lot of us are still trying to save as much rage as they can. I still believe that we can never dump all that rage that we get, but hey, we will see wenn wotlk comes out :-) The only question i have, who would want to use Revenge anymore if Devestate has a 15% higher chance to crit and a 30% chance to make the next shield-slam free? A waste of a gcd imho

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    btw theres a glyph of revenge that makes your HS zero rage after a revenge. so im not sure imp HS is really worth it now
    The problem is, if there's only 2 slots for major glyphs, I'd rather have Glyph of Resonating Power and Sunder Armor for those AoE pulls

A couple notes about the specs people are posting:

1) I'm thinking Anger Management will be better than the third point in Puncture. 1 rage every 3 seconds is comparable to saying you save a rage every other global cooldown.

With a normal tanking rotation, Devestate will take up approximately half of your global cooldowns before taking Commanding Shout, Thunderclap, Demo Shout, and other various utility abilities into account, so the rage saved by lowering its cost by 1 point in even the best of situations will only be equal to be rage gained through Anger Management.

Or to put it in a simpler version, 6 seconds with 3/3 Puncture vs 2/3 Puncture will net you 2 saved rage. 6 seconds with Anger Management will net you 2 extra rage generated. The rage you end up with is the same, but with AM you have more ways you can possibly use it.

2) Impale. Maybe with basically a baseline 20% crit to most of our tanking abilities this talent will be worthwhile, but as of right now I'm not thinking it's worth the investment. This will depend on how useful talents like Improved Disarm turn out to be.

3) Still much <3 for this new tree
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

My tanking spec, includes impale, is working on the idea that I can help do the dps' job as well as mine. Plus, extra damage helps keep agro, which is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    Seems a lot of us are still trying to save as much rage as they can. I still believe that we can never dump all that rage that we get, but hey, we will see wenn wotlk comes out :-) The only question i have, who would want to use Revenge anymore if Devestate has a 15% higher chance to crit and a 30% chance to make the next shield-slam free? A waste of a gcd imho
    Revenge is still the most threat per rage. And that will continue to be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoLCrazy
    The problem is, if there's only 2 slots for major glyphs, I'd rather have Glyph of Resonating Power and Sunder Armor for those AoE pulls
    Glyph of Resonating Power - Increases the maximum targets affected by your Thunder Clap ability by 4. yeah im down with that as a sexy one but it is situational. im hearing there arent that many over 4 mob pulls not sure its worth the glyph spot. but yeah its a nice one!

as for
    Glyph of Sunder Armor - Your Sunder Armor ability affects a second nearby target.
    do you actually use sunder anymore? i mean it wont proc sword and board and is again situational

myself im going for
    Glyph of Revenge - After using Revenge, your next Heroic Strike costs no rage.
    Glyph of Shield Slam - Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.

Or to put it in a simpler version, 6 seconds with 3/3 Puncture vs 2/3 Puncture will net you 2 saved rage. 6 seconds with Anger Management will net you 2 extra rage generated. The rage you end up with is the same, but with AM you have more ways you can possibly use it.
    I did not think about that, but seems like a very good idea :-)

2) Impale. Maybe with basically a baseline 20% crit to most of our tanking abilities this talent will be worthwhile, but as of right now I'm not thinking it's worth the investment. This will depend on how useful talents like Improved Disarm turn out to be.
    Right now i have raidbuffed 18% crit i think. As it is now, almost every ability we use gives another 15% critchance, so if you end up with around 30% critchance on your attacks, impale seems realy worthwile.

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    Glyph of Resonating Power - Increases the maximum targets affected by your Thunder Clap ability by 4. yeah im down with that as a sexy one but it is situational. im hearing there arent that many over 4 mob pulls not sure its worth the glyph spot. but yeah its a nice one!

as for
    Glyph of Sunder Armor - Your Sunder Armor ability affects a second nearby target.
    do you actually use sunder anymore? i mean it wont proc sword and board and is again situational

myself im going for
    Glyph of Revenge - After using Revenge, your next Heroic Strike costs no rage.
    Glyph of Shield Slam - Increases your block value by 10% for 10 sec after using your Shield Slam ability.
    the shieldslam one should be set for every prot warrior i think.
    And if you take the HS glyph, you also should think about the "Crit HS Gives 10 rage" glyph. I mean, a HS that gives me some rage back and doesn't cost anything? What could be better?
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Not trying to make this a "protadin" thread but don't forget if you have a prot paladin like myself in your raid you'll be getting the new Blessing of Sanctuary that will regenerate 10 rage for yourself every time you block, parry, or dodge.

Honestly Lumenos I'm expecting that to either get nerfed into the ground or for it to become available from another class as well. As it stands, that blessing is beyond the realm of simply being overpowered when it comes to pve >.>
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

yeah, it's a pretty insane buff for tanks, and might get nerfed. That is, unless, they intend for tanks to have "unlimited" rage/runic power/mana so there's never a gap in building threat. It will get tuned and polished like every other talent/skill, but keep in mind they've got to compensate for the removal of Blessing of Salvation. Rage/runic power/mana starved tanks generate no threat.

Honestly Lumenos I'm expecting that to either get nerfed into the ground or for it to become available from another class as well. As it stands, that blessing is beyond the realm of simply being overpowered when it comes to pve >.>
    This is truth. I pull 3-4 mobs as a 70 tankadin on the beta, and I -never- go oom (due to high avoidance gear). For that matter, I never get lower than a full mana bar. I'm spamming rank 6 cons, throwing shields, keeping holy shield up, tossing my hammer o' threat, and judging like a nut. Full mana bar. I can only imagine what a passive-uncrushable warrior would be able to do with the current sanct.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

I think Damage Shield is going to make a lot of protadins cry.

They're losing their precious dominance in the field of aoe tanking.
    hah, not hardly. Many prot pallys have been begging for your AoE tanking abilities to be increased for several reasons. Primarily, our complete dominance in AoE tanking, has been justification for us not being equal single target tanks. Not only that, but face rolling over my consecrate button isn't as fun as you might think, and considering the low damage output of most AoE situations, a Holy Pally is often sufficient.

We've long been willing to trade our AoE dominance for single target equality. The real question is, will warriors QQ when the pally round of changes comes out, and pallys become equal single target tanks with warriors? I would like to think not.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Why must we lose 4% strength? They could make it 3/6/9 percent per point

Why must we get 10% less stamina from gear than prot loladins?

Why must thunderclap have a target cap at all? Cant they make it true AOE already so we dont use a glyph slot on it?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee
    Why must we lose 4% strength? They could make it 3/6/9 percent per point

Why must we get 10% less stamina from gear than prot loladins?
    Probably because in the current build, you get 6% stam, 6% str, and 6 expertise for only 3 points. Us prot pallies have to spend 12 points to get 15% str, 10% stam, and 5 expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridmarr
    We've long been willing to trade our AoE dominance for single target equality. The real question is, will warriors QQ when the pally round of changes comes out, and pallys become equal single target tanks with warriors? I would like to think not.
    well mate, i think its a safe bet to say some will qq like thier dolls house just burnt down i wont be one of em tho