Thunderstorm not nerfed afterall!

"Not exactly intended. It's still supposed to have relatively the same knock back distance, just we toned down the knock "up" effect. Should be fixed in the next build."

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...27932&sid=2000

Re: Thunderstorm not nerfed afterall!

Very happy about this, to bad it wont have that comic toss up it did before, but very happy about this.

Oh thank God.

jesus christ, thats the best news in one month. i guess every eleshaman here was freaked out of the change

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    jesus christ, thats the best news in one month. i guess every eleshaman here was freaked out of the change
    lol...

:'(

Should have reduced the cooldown with this change

Deleted

Lol just be happy it wasn't nerfed ffs

oh seeing non set loots for ele sham, i wonder where they are... like BC, loots of loots with crit and regen for resto and enh chaman, but nothing for us... we'll have to fight with resto cham to get some loots ? or like BC and Kz wait to look a token for a piece of set ?...

@ Skarr
    What?

If you're asking if resto shamans and elemental shamans will share gear, the answer is yes. They pretty much want the same stats, which only makes sense in the entire evil plan Blizzard set up.

I prefer some haste and hit rather than regen, think we'll have enough with a mana battery in a 10 raid and watershield and mana spring whose each give 100mp5

The mana batteries have been completely changed, you can't rely on them anymore like that.

In addition to this change, we also needed to address the "mana battery" roles in a raid. The mana regeneration effect they grant is no longer limited to their own party, and it no longer depends on the amount of damage they deal. Each time they trigger the mana regeneration effect, 10 people in their raid group will receive a buff which causes them to regenerate 0.5% of their maximum mana each second. This buff, Replenishment, will be given preferentially to raid members with the lowest mana, but will re-evaluate which raid members receive it each time it is fired. Replenishment is provided by Shadow Priests, Survival Hunters, and Retribution Paladins.

but we will be anyway critcapped for EF. doesnt matter imo, t7 gear has haste and hit, and random pieces will be just fillers, we also cannot expect full haste gear in first raid dungeon what we would expect from other?

Actually, it was an intended nerf (they changed the tooltip to reflect it). So there's no "Ooops, this is a bug" comments from them that they can honestly get away with. They got caught by a freaking huge backlash of angry Shamans and are now trying to cover their butts by saying it was a bug and will be "Fixed" later. Yeah right. You don't FIX a CHANGE YOU PUT IN and then call it a BUG FIX.

Blizzard lying, yet again.

Took'em 2 years to "Fix" Ret Paladins, after promising to "Fix" them for TBC, yet here we are now and they're finally doing it. Guess what? We're the new Ret Paladins. How long will it take to "Fix" us?

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    The mana batteries have been completely changed, you can't rely on them anymore like that.
    Am I the only one wondering if that 10 player limit for the regen buff is going to have unintended consequences for 10 man? You know, since there are only 10 people in the raid, everyone gets the buff, even at 99% mana? The elemental shaman who was talking about raiding in that Premonition group said he never went below 90% mana at any point in the 10 man clear. MP5 might be totally useless in 10 man raiding if you will always have that buff up...

Quote Originally Posted by stewza
    Should have reduced the cooldown with this change
    Yes your right, and while they were at it they should have given us a 10 second stun. Lets not leave out our need for a mobility buff. How bout a 100% run speed increase 1 point talent, to offset it's power we'll make it a 11 point talent so that people will really have to spend points to get it. I also think we need to make lighting overload a 100% proc right amiright? I mean fuck this RNG crap, OBVIOUSLY blizz is getting away from it. And wtf is the point to having a cooldown, or even a cast time for that matter on Chain Lighting? No good, throw out the cast time and cool down and then you'll have yourself a balanced spell. Oh and just to make sure everything is on the up and up we should also have a talent that completely lets us bypass global cooldown.

With these changes I think Shamans can finally be competitive.

P.S. Thunderstorm also should do % dmg of the opponents HPs, something like 90% that way they still have a chance to charge/intervene, DoT, or cast any other instance before my shock kills them 1.5 seconds later......OH wait nm we don't have a global cooldown now, well might as well make it 100% of their life then!

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Actually, it was an intended nerf (they changed the tooltip to reflect it). So there's no "Ooops, this is a bug" comments from them that they can honestly get away with. They got caught by a freaking huge backlash of angry Shamans and are now trying to cover their butts by saying it was a bug and will be "Fixed" later. Yeah right. You don't FIX a CHANGE YOU PUT IN and then call it a BUG FIX.

Blizzard lying, yet again.

Took'em 2 years to "Fix" Ret Paladins, after promising to "Fix" them for TBC, yet here we are now and they're finally doing it. Guess what? We're the new Ret Paladins. How long will it take to "Fix" us?
    You're funny, we should get together and compare tin foil hats.

i believe that developers really wanted to only minimize the knock-up distance. i mean thunderstorm was making enemies jump real high. it should not make them jump but it should only knock them back. It is still a very nice spell giving us %5 mana back every 45 seconds. It's some sort of mana emerald and it also has damage and it counters the spells being cast.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIlaydying
    You're funny, we should get together and compare tin foil hats.
    A bug, would be where they changed something by accident on the database side of thing & nothing else changed. Players went on their ways as they normally would & until they did what got changed, never knew what had happened. In this case, Thunderstorm was nerfed (intentionally) from 20 yards to 5 yards. They changed the variables on the database side & changed the tooltip to reflect the changes. This is an intentional change. Had they had an "Oooops!" and simply changed something by mistake on the database side of things, then the tooltip would've still read it's old values.

This is intentional. I could be mean spirited and say something about the color brown, your nose & blizzard's arse, but I won't. I'm above that.

Blizzard changed this; thought they could get away with it; got caught and shamans erupted in anger over it in large enough numbers; Blizzard responds as an "Oops, our bad. This is a bug...." styled response.

yea, we dont remember anything similar from 2.3 or so, when they were changing ele coefs... they nerfed LB coef to stop scalling, shaman comunity was pissed off, they nerfed interrupt so it had diminishings, shaman even more pissed off, interrupt mechanics reverted, shaman comunity happy, noone speaks about LB nerf anymore. :P i guess we shall see what will be next on their list of nerfbats