Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[post deleted]

[post deleted]
    Last edited by anon146; 2012-04-20 at 10:15 AM.

Re: Fury Warrior DPS for WotLK

fury warriors are currently viable DPS.

They just don't bring CC to 5 mans

join the <3 pally tanks club, enjoy WW again

u wont get into a 5 man in all probability, not if there is a mage looking for a spot... you are < than a mage.... mages can sheep, u can... piercing howl.... hamstring and intimidating shout....

u might cause more damage in the long run (in all probability!) but u dont bring as much good 'old cc nizzle to your group
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

15+ Year Old Account

Who needs cc if you got a good healer
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

ever been in the shattered halls?
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

u can... piercing howl.... hamstring and intimidating shout....
    And Battle Shout. And Commanding Shout, Demo Shout, thunder clap, disarm, Blood Frenzy (If arms) Rampage (if fury) and Off-tank.

That doesn't change the fact that most pug 5man groups will not take a dps that can't CC. It's more of a "pugs are usually made of terribad players" than a class mechanics thing.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by annomander999
    ever been in the shattered halls?
    Yes, I have been there? Ever been to heroic mgt without any real cc, but players that know what they are doing? Its the same case there - cc is nice to have, but its all in all a crutch.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Yes, I have been there? Ever been to heroic mgt without any real cc, but players that know what they are doing? Its the same case there - cc is nice to have, but its all in all a crutch.
    True Statement.

Raise your hand if you've soloed KT from 50% to zero! *raises hand* (Holy Priest Powah)

Good players adapt to situations. Bad players can't even adapt to the norm, which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Who needs cc if you got a good tank
    Fixed.

Also...you can usually judge a tank by what classes he wants to bring. If he refuses to do a dungeon without 3 mages...he's a bad tank. If you can't tank shattered halls on a warrior without cc...you don't know your class. Yes, I realize what I just said, and yes, many MANY warriors don't know their class. Hence Blizzard's introduction of the new "lolthunderclap" strategy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway...off-topic. Yes, fury warriors are good at dps.

Sure, a good warrior can tank heroic shattered halls with little cc (some pulls have more than 4 mobs), but if you have suicidal dps and/or a scrubby healer your skill alone won't make it. Add the fact that its a dungeon with lots of annoying pulls that can chain on you...

I am a Lv 70 prot warroir and have been for sometime I have T5 and badge gear I just did a heroic shattered halls the other day with no CC. We were able to clear it in about an hour with no wipes. So yes CC is nice but not entirely needed to clear some of the hardest pulls if you have a good tank

I have played fury a lot also and I have to say a dungeon like Shattered halls you have to watch your attacks one WW too soon equals a dead warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    Fixed.

Also...you can usually judge a tank by what classes he wants to bring. If he refuses to do a dungeon without 3 mages...he's a bad tank. If you can't tank shattered halls on a warrior without cc...you don't know your class. Yes, I realize what I just said, and yes, many MANY warriors don't know their class. Hence Blizzard's introduction of the new "lolthunderclap" strategy.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnyway...off-topic. Yes, fury warriors are good at dps.
    if a warrior can tank shattered halls or not is only 5% in the warrioirs hands hes at teh mercy of the dps. hence the bring a paladin instead so we dont have to havea brain to win

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

The R-tards at blizzard plan to nerf TG into the ground, after making it finally acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    if a warrior can tank shattered halls or not is only 5% in the warrioirs hands hes at teh mercy of the dps. hence the bring a paladin instead so we dont have to havea brain to win

this

CC is for bad tanks plain and simple. If a group says "we need cc, Sorry". You know they suck and know not to group with them. Ive tanked for half of BC and fury the second half. As fury for 5 mans a pally tanks does make life so much easier and you can do much more dps, because you can sweeping strike, whirlwind and cleave your ass off and do nasty deeps. With other tanks like druids and wars can tank multiple mobs with ease(if you know what your doing aka tab target) you can still spam Whirl wind and cleave some ,but using sweeping strikes and constantly cleave and ww is asking for death even with a very good druid or war tank. In the end, if your fury you want a pally tank by far ,but druids and wars are more than capable of doing every pull in bc without CC. I know because ive done it with my war. So the next time a group says "we need CC, sorry" say thank you for letting me know you suck /ignore. My advice, is find a few really good pally tanks and kiss there ass and only run with them.

I have a serious problem with 5mans and CC as a DPS Warrior. I think that 5mans are very doable without CC, all you need is a good tank that does enough aoe threat so you can use WW without pulling aggro and yes Protection Warriors can do it. Not only that, but when we do have a sheep, most tanks doesn't even tanks away of the sheeps so we're stuck with BT and HS, they rather stay there and not care so that make things worst. I was happy to have Enraged Assault for that specific reason, an attack that does WW damage but on single target only but now we lost it for a heal on 3min cooldown.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

I prefer tanking without CC, much more fun and goes much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankz1
    CC is for bad tanks plain and simple. If a group says "we need cc, Sorry". You know they suck and know not to group with them. Ive tanked for half of BC and fury the second half. As fury for 5 mans a pally tanks does make life so much easier and you can do much more dps, because you can sweeping strike, whirlwind and cleave your ass off and do nasty deeps. With other tanks like druids and wars can tank multiple mobs with ease(if you know what your doing aka tab target) you can still spam Whirl wind and cleave some ,but using sweeping strikes and constantly cleave and ww is asking for death even with a very good druid or war tank. In the end, if your fury you want a pally tank by far ,but druids and wars are more than capable of doing every pull in bc without CC. I know because ive done it with my war. So the next time a group says "we need CC, sorry" say thank you for letting me know you suck /ignore. My advice, is find a few really good pally tanks and kiss there ass and only run with them.
    Sure , with certain amount of gears and a nice healer tanking without a CC is doable for a ll instance, But it doesnt necessary mean that a certain group needing for CC = sucks. Are you honestly saying with Fury war, Ret pally, Ele shaman in group for H Mgt things can go smoothly? If they dont pull on aggro on a 5-mob pull, that doesn't mean your tanking/threat generate skill is awesome, that just means their DPS sucks.