Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Good bye Intellect...

On trash in 5 mans use reckoning and seal of wisdom ... initial pull with avenging wrath + holy shield and consecration is more then enought untill they are down ... if u losse agro just taunt untill then they are down. Never need to drink again. Yeah reckoning dont sux.

I was never afraid of this removing of intellect thing and such. A little intellect on the tier gear doesn't go far anyway.

But the fact is that when we are offtanking. We will drain our mana without regainin at the same speed as wasting it. That means we will never act as a offtank unless the target can be taunted. Witch sucks.

kekek, that's the same problem a warrior or druid OT faces. No dude smashing face => no rage => no threat.

Welcome to basic tanking mechanics, 101.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    kekek, that's the same problem a warrior or druid OT faces. No dude smashing face => no rage => no threat.
    Comparing a warrior/druid OT to a paladin is a bad example.

A paladin will go oom pretty early in a 10-min boss fight as an ot... and then it's game over. Warriors/Druids will never go "OOR" for more than a few seconds before getting some back again.

I think the comparison is fair. Paladins are getting "some" back as well through Judgment of Wisdom. And we'll be getting mana from any ret-pall/shawod-priest/whatever-hunter we have in the group.

The only real difference I see is that a paladin starts the fight closer to his/her optimal TPS because of a full mana bar, while warr/druid has to spend a little more time building rage.

Judgment of Wisdom has a much nicer mana return in WoTLK, and SoV/Corruption with the new Shield Bash and Cleave should be enough to maintain second on threat without blowing mana on Consecrate.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think we'll do ok as OTs.