Thread: thunder clap

thunder clap

well they finally released the co effient on thunder clap . 12% of ap will be extra dps to thunder clap . the real question is how is it applied . lest figure low to make math easy at 2000 ap . 12% of 2000 ap is 240 dps . is it applied before or after improved thunder clap muliplier . meaning is the math : 300+240 =540 x 100% = 1080 or 300 x 100% =600 + 240 = 840 . makes a big difference . im hoping its the 1080 . add in " glyph of resonating power " to hit 4 more targets and this is huge .

opening seperate thread on application of thunder clap on dpsing, verses tanking

Re: thunder clap

i dont have to cry at the thought of a war aoe tanking anymore, im happy

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Thunder clap at 80 with no talents, 3000 AP is 660 damage

Fully talented its 1320 damage. You can glyph for 8 targets instead of 4.

These numbers seem kinda lowish now that I look, especially as its 75% threat now... hmm

nice that's base damage you could crit, be enraged at the time there's alot of factors not to mention raid buffs that could raise the damage ( thunderclap counts as melee damage )

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shunuro
    ( thunderclap counts as melee damage )
    Meaning its not even gonna do as much as I counted

Nature dmg, so it's boosted by affli warlocks/moonkins/DKs

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    thunderclap was changed a long long time ago (i could sift through old patch notes but it was pre BWL days) to do physical damage from nature damage

THUNDER = NATURE!

Dont see any thunder doing any physical harm, do you? Unless ofc you call your arms/fists/weapon thunder.
    "Say hello to my little thunder!" *Brakabakabakabak*

Although, then again thunder really doesnt do any damage, does it? It's only sound, isnt it..?

Hm... Should've called it Lightning clap.

Edit: Yes, I'm bored.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Thunderclap is physical damage. It is used to determine the armor of bosses due to the static damage it currently has

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    Nature SPELL, physical damage.
    It uses spell check to see if it hits/crits, then does physical damage that gets absorbed by armor.

And Lightning Clap would actually suggest lightning (=nature) damage. Thunder is a sound, so Thunder Clap would do a sonic shockwave that bursts your ears to bleed, reducing your biological balance mechanics, making it harder to aim swings. Makes sense, no?

trust me i wish it was nature but it's melee ....which explains why your attack power effects it . at level 70 w/ current gear my thunder clap would be over 1100 damage looking foweard to see fow it works . and w/ change to arms tree even a prot warrior can have deep wounds and impale now . 15/5/51 not to mention +15 % to crit for thunderclap

i know i know thats a total diffenet type of damage that most of yuo never thought a prot warrior could keep up on boss in addition keepeing rend and deep wounds up for an addition 450+ per tick in prot gear

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shunuro
    trust me i wish it was nature but it's melee ....which explains why your attack power effects it . at level 70 w/ current gear my thunder clap would be over 1100 damage looking foweard to see fow it works . and w/ change to arms tree even a prot warrior can have deep wounds and impale now . 15/5/51 not to mention +15 % to crit for thunderclap

i know i know thats a total diffenet type of damage that most of yuo never thought a prot warrior could keep up on boss in addition keepeing rend and deep wounds up for an addition 450+ per tick in prot gear
    why would you want deep wounds..... as a tank? So you cant CC things?

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    Nature SPELL, physical damage.
    It uses spell check to see if it hits/crits, then does physical damage that gets absorbed by armor.

And Lightning Clap would actually suggest lightning (=nature) damage. Thunder is a sound, so Thunder Clap would do a sonic shockwave that bursts your ears to bleed, reducing your biological balance mechanics, making it harder to aim swings. Makes sense, no?
    Yeah, Thunder clap gets the worst of both aspects on this one.

Physical damge - mitigated by armor. Don't recall if it can be dodged/blocked/parried...

Spell - can be silenced, and has the ~12% hit rate for spells vs. bosses. Sucks when tanking, since using up a single GCD on TC is bad enough.

There has been many appeals by the community to have the devs make up their minds on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee
    why would you want deep wounds..... as a tank? So you cant CC things?
    are you serious tell me 1 tank that actually cc's something . think before you comment , adds damage = more aggro generated on all targets . thunderclap is only used out of range of cc'd targets , to hold aggro on rest of adds , think next time. Cant leave dumb comments unresponded too

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm fairly excited about Thunderclap as of 3.0.

The increased base damage (50% I believe), the new AP coifficient, and the buffs it get thanks to the 2 glyphs (hits 8 targets, range increased by 2 yards) make it a FAR more viable AE tank tool than before. Not to mention the fact that defensive stance is getting even more threat 'baked in' as the Devs say. Blizz has said that they intend to tweak TC until stuff 'sticks to warriors like glue' once they've been hit with it.

You guys also have to consider the following. We have Incite, which is +15% to crit with TC as well as cleave and something else I can't remember, 12% more base TC damage via our AP, and we have Shockwave. In between Shockwave 1 and 2, we have time for 3 TC casts. We also get damage shield, which is like a perma-retaliation if you have good block value. Combine that with the reduced cooldown on things like Retaliation.. and that's a lot of AE threat. Far more than we have ever had before.

Isn't Spell Hit now the same as normal Hit comes WotLK?