Enlightened Judgments: One More Point?

I’ve been fiddling around with a variety of Holy/Prot and Holy/Ret setups, and either way I go, I don’t want to skip over Enlightened Judgments. While 30 yard range will be very useful in PvP (the idea of slapping Justice on druids as they run away makes me smile), I worry about the PvE implications. Holy Shock had its healing range boosted to 40 yards, Beacon of Light has a 40 yard range, and even our questionable-quality 11 point talent makes sure our auras are at 40 yards. Why, then, add such a useful and tempting ability that would require, at the least, moving every two minutes to refresh the judgment (or once per mob, per fight, in non-boss scenarios), and at worst every 30 seconds to fully embrace Judgments of the Pure?

My suggestion: change Enlightened Judgments to a 3 point talent, with 10/20/30 yard increased and 1/2/3% to hit. Swapping the bonus to hit for the ability to stay at healing range seems like a fair trade off (favoring healers), considering how deep in Holy the talent is.

If this has been suggested 1014 time already, and I managed to miss each and every one them, my apologies for bringing it up again.
    The answer is always more Paladins.
    Thorium Brotherhood Wiki | Farstriders Community Wiki

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Enlightened Judgments: One More Point?

I still wonder why people post Suggestion concerning classes in this forum...instead of World of Warcraft one.

But, talking about yours, it doesn't seem fair. Even if you're just holy, 40yd is way too far, it's even farther than most mages spells.

The current one is already good enough IMO.

Re: Enlightened Judgments: One More Point?

Quote Originally Posted by frozenpatato
    I still wonder why people post Suggestion concerning classes in this forum...instead of World of Warcraft one.
    But, talking about yours, it doesn't seem fair. Even if you're just holy, 40yd is way too far, it's even farther than most mages spells.
    The current one is already good enough IMO.
    I post them here because the official forums lag terribly for me, and the ratio of useful information to pointless complaining is all too far in favor of the later. If someone finds one of my ideas worth mentioning, I would love it if they could pass along word in all the right places. Truth be told, there’s only so many ways to skin a cat, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the higher ups have already heard this.

I’m not sure how the range on a mage’s spells would affect the long-established healing distance of 40 yards. All healers have been standing back here throughout TBC, and as much as I can remember, for most of the original game as well. All our other healing spells are at 40 yards, our 51 point talent is at 40 yards, it’s not like we’re suddenly able to stand further from the action that everyone else.

If they want us to be using judgments while we’re healing, it makes sense that it, too, would be at 40 yards. Otherwise we will have to either stand closer to the fight (impossible for some bosses, like Prince, and uncomfortable for most others) or move back and forth, losing valuable seconds of healing time. As a mage, I’m sure you’d much rather have me healing you and giving you mana back when you cast on the target, than having me run around and watching you die.
    The answer is always more Paladins.
    Thorium Brotherhood Wiki | Farstriders Community Wiki