Thread: New beta build

New beta build

The new changes for the upcoming patch look disconcerting. Even more damage reduction and minor buffs to utility such as increased range and a few higher proc chances. Are the other classes receiving the same amount of damage reduction to compensate? I'm not trying to QQ I know everything is subject to change. I only want to know if I am seeing things in the wrong light for this particular patch. I think unholy blight has become almost useless in standard rotation now. It's a gimmick honestly. I do think a reduction in time was in order, but the cool down should have remained the same or it should be something more reasonable at 30 sec. I also on an unrelated note think that going deep unholy should reward you more as far as ghouls go. Removing the duration of ghouls through talents is essential. In short, if damage is to be reduced then utility needs to be increased.
    -My two cents.

Re: New beta build

from what ive been reading most dk's arent happy on the beta forums.

I havent goten into the game myself yet so i dont knw how the dmg out is atm.
    but again all the trees got the nerf bat again.
    only thing i can think off is blizzard really tweaking with the dk's dmg output from high to shit lvls so to speak.

i dont get why they had to put a time limit on path of frost....that just seems stupid...i dont get why they keep nerfing the death kngiht so bad...i get that the damage was a bit to high..but isnt it a hero class? shouldnt it be a little overpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by AlteranWarrior
    i dont get why they had to put a time limit on path of frost....that just seems stupid...i dont get why they keep nerfing the death kngiht so bad...i get that the damage was a bit to high..but isnt it a hero class? shouldnt it be a little overpowered?
    they path of frost into walking on water.
    bc 10 to 1 ppl would say it was op due to the fact lets say ur by the coast fishing and someone comes up and start to attack u. U pop POF and run away if u dont want to attack and lets say the person who attack u puts up a dot.
    That dot wont stop u from getting away faster. plus it seem they turn it into a grp/raid buff now.

the way they made it now they shouldnt have even gave us that spell to being with.

I don't know, I want to here justifications for these nerfs. I don't think other classes are getting this "special" type of attention.

actually hunters warlocks and spriests appear to have taken a few body blows as well
    all hail king frost strike

I'm shocked. Like Frost and Unholy needed another round of nerfs. Frost strike and Howling Blast are now completely worthless. Just ignore frost, no point in even considering that tree. Unholy Blight nerfed..wtf?

While warlocks are getting uber buffs and God Form 51-point talent, the HERO class keeps getting nerf after nerf. What are they doing.

wait what? i just went and ticked off 10 nerfs for 'locks on the new talent build, and i skipped over a couple that MIGHT of been nerfs because i was to lazy to do some math
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    wait what? i just went and ticked off 10 nerfs for 'locks on the new talent build, and i skipped over a couple that MIGHT of been nerfs because i was to lazy to do some math
    Well I didn't read beyond the DK nerfs :P I was referring to the metamorphasis buff from yesterday, and insta corruption. Didn't check on further changes. So I guess ignore that part of my post.

With that said...lol@frost right now. Frost strike hitting for 700 at level 80, hb for 500. Unholy blight ticking for 60 damage? That's even more pathetic than dnd now. So..frost tree is dead. Unholy aoe is dead. Blood still is meh.

lol@dks.

Yup.. its pretty funny, Kind of bad my lv70 lock... NAKED siphon life does about same/more (very slightly) then some the dots a DK puts out. My corruption at lv70 is pretty much same damage as howling bast... cept I can spam it on everything :P

but isnt it a hero class? shouldnt it be a little overpowered?
    You fall into the trap of your own interpretation of what a "hero" class is.

Blizz has repeatedly stated that what makes it a hero class is its past, the way they start at 55, the questline etc.

You will not be stronger than the other classes.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

While I do not think that the damage nerf will stand the way it is...but feel this is more Blizzard trying to pin down the baseline for the class...

What I do hope is that this will drive away all of those people who want to roll the class for the sake of being OP. Those who think that DKs should be PvP gods without peer will play for a little while...then go back to their mains allowing the population of the class to level out...sort of like alliance shamans when TBC came out.

Tons of shaman rerolls....only a percentage made it to 70....and then only a percentage of that number stuck with the class. I am hoping that DK becomes a truly balanced class that is demanding of some skill to excel with...instead of "I blows you up with my massive damage Muahahaha!" class that can't be countered. The cool factor should come from the lore, the mechanics, and the gear...not being over the top powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    You fall into the trap of your own interpretation of what a "hero" class is.

Blizz has repeatedly stated that what makes it a hero class is its past, the way they start at 55, the questline etc.

You will not be stronger than the other classes.
    i get that its a hero class because it starts at level 55...but whats the point if the class is overly weak...id rather level 1-80 and get some beastly damage rather then 55-80 and be weak as hell...

i get that its a hero class because it starts at level 55...but whats the point if the class is overly weak...id rather level 1-80 and get some beastly damage rather then 55-80 and be weak as hell...
    still better than 1-80 and be weak, aint it?

however, the point was: DKs should be EQUAL, not worse nor better than other classes, and since its new class, i can hardly imagine they will end up weak after LK will go live