Thread: DK tanking gear

DK tanking gear

I dont know if any1 already posted this but, I was just curious of the gear for DKs, because lot of it has block value or block rating, mostly from 25-mans what ive seen, of course there is gear also +def rating/dodge/parry...Or isnt DK able to tank 25-man raids?

Re: DK tanking gear

Actually I also was sitting and asking myself about it.
    Most off the naxx 25-man random tank pieces has shield block value/rating and makes it kinda waste to put it on a DK (wasted item lv value).
    Seems a little dejavu from TBC with druid, only tier loot has the right stats, there is nothing more boring then only having tier loot as upgrade and being out bidded/rolled by a none tanking class on them.

2 off 7 non-tier tanking plates in naxx 25-man is without shield block stats from what I can see so far
    6 off 8 non-tier tanking plates in naxx 10-man, are they forcing DK to go 10-man for loot with their stats?
    If they continue making tank loot this way I might not even roll a DK becuase I'm tired off having boring loot table from my feral days.

Seems right now it comes down to the loot witch char I'm gonna lv to 80 (my 70 prot paladin or go for a fresh DK tank)

that is a prob the tanking gear stats but there is another:

I still dont see any 2h tanking weapon yet that exists in raid loot!!!!
    so looks like dk tanks have 2 dual-wield 2 warrior tank weapons 4 sure

maybe they arent implemented yet or working on their stats but lets w8 and see but i'm sure a dk can tank a 25 man

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...amas_25_38.jpg

str -> AP + parry
    agi -> crit + dodge
    stam -> HP
    expertise -> reduced dodge + reduced parry

what's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...amas_25_38.jpg

str -> AP + parry
    agi -> crit + dodge
    stam -> HP
    expertise -> reduced dodge + reduced parry

what's not to love?
    Swords and axes (polearms in early beta) is the only weapon DKs can wield
    If they haven't changed it (or will)?

But weapons is the last part I'm worried about, the plate gear looks like a bigger issue to me.

last I heard DKs can use maces.

If not there are similar swords + axes

last I heard DKs can use maces.

If not there are similar swords + axes
    Death Knights can use the following weapons 1h/2h Swords/Maces/Axes & Polearms!

Common misconception there...
    You can use Maces, you just don't start with the skill
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by misterpuk
    Common misconception there...
    You can use Maces, you just don't start with the skill
    That explains allot.
    Nice to know, I've seen allot off 2h maces so far in the loot table in naxx, was worried the only 2h for DK would be the axe from kel.

str -> AP + parry
    And in most cases spell damage too.

DKs use swords, and axes. Maces are trainable.
    Orcs have Axe spec,
    Humans have Sword and Mace spec,
    and Dwarves have Mace spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeline
    And in most cases spell damage too.

DKs use swords, and axes. Maces are trainable.
    Orcs have Axe spec,
    Humans have Sword and Mace spec,
    and Dwarves have Mace spec.
    Just curious when they added mace spec for dwarves. Maybe they added that while I've been living with horde :-\

Anyways, back to original topic

Dk tanking would be like feral in the sense that they just have to soak up the damage or parry them. I guess it's just another feral-spree. You can always get some dps gear and dps in raids =D

Yeah but tanking with DK should be fun, something new...But it seems like there will be enough gear for DK if you combine some items from 25-naxx and obsidian sanctum so it should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by dudewheresmydk
    Just curious when they added mace spec for dwarves. Maybe they added that while I've been living with horde :-\
    It was some blue post from a week ago or so; new racials for WotLK:

Orc

Hardiness now reduces the duration of stun effects by 15%

Troll

Racial Passive "The Voodoo Shuffle": Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!
    Berserking: no longer has an activation cost of energy/rage/etc

Draenei

Gift of the Naaru: now scales based on the higher of either the caster's Attack Power or Spell Power
    Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 2%

Dwarf

Frost Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Frost spells by 2%
    Racial Passive "Mace Specialization": Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 5.

Undead

Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 1% (yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials)
    Will of the Forsaken: removes any fear, sleep, or charm effect (no longer has a lasting immunity).

Night Elf

Quickness: reduces the chance to be hit by melee or ranged attacks by 2%
    Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 3%

Tauren

Endurance: now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear
    Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 2%

Gnome

Escape Artist: the freeing effect can no longer be resisted
    Arcane Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%

Blood Elf

Mana Tap: ability removed (partially integrated into Arcane Torrent)
    Arcane Torrent: restores 15 energy, 15 runic power, or 6% of mana to the Blood Elf (along with the current 2s silence effect)
    Magic Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by spells by 2%

Human

Perception: changed to a passive, now grants one character level of passive stealth detection
    Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown
    Racial Passive "Human Supremacy": The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)