Death Knight damage changes

Hello fellow potential DK's. In the few recent patches we have seen Blizzard continuously hit us with the nerf bat. I was wondering, since im not lucky enough to be in the beta, what our dps looks like now? most of our abilities have been reduced by like 20 - 30%. and it seems like our class is not a big hitter class anymore and no plays like a rogue with smaller hits that come faster.

I know i liked the way it used to be from the videos that various testers have posted. If someone could please describe what our class dps looks like now and if we are anywhere near the dps lvl we need to be at to be balanced and keep up in raids and dungeons.

Im sorry if this has been discussed already. Thanks!

Re: Death Knight damage changes

Quote Originally Posted by Zinji
    most of our abilities have been reduced by like 60 - 70%.
    fixed!

spec'd blood at level 72, i ran the nexus, and did about 550 dps with windfurry. :-[

550 DPS sounds about right.

I posted a recount showing my Lv72 hunter dps compared to a Lv72 DK.

I'd say they are somewhat "equally" geared because were both using no enchant all greens/blues available from northrend. You can see how far apart though in total dps we are ;/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=14293.30

near the bottom is a "most recent" recount I made

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva
    550 DPS sounds about right.

I posted a recount showing my Lv72 hunter dps compared to a Lv72 DK.

I'd say they are somewhat "equally" geared because were both using no enchant all greens/blues available from northrend. You can see how far apart though in total dps we are ;/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=14293.30

near the bottom is a "most recent" recount I made

Hunter 1= 694dps + pet 332 dps
    Hunter 2= 499 dps + pet 426 dps
    DK = 458 dps.

Bit wrong when there pets can almost out dps us lol, but its working as intended for this stage of the beta till they finish tuning us. Think the biggest problem is they havent decided if we're gonna do lots of small damage and thereby making us useless for pvp, or more big damage and less dots.

ill just see when the game goes live. if or damage is 2 low they will change it in notime seeing a lot of people will start whining about it. 2 bad we cant test it if not in beta :<

Well the pet I got is probably the "hardest hitting" pet possible, but yeah its kind of bad when a pet can out dps you :P

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva
    Well the pet I got is probably the "hardest hitting" pet possible, but yeah its kind of bad when a pet can out dps you :P
    its not bad its fing sad a pet is out dpsing you!

My theory is that we are all supposed to be unholy spec for master of ghouls and play like a melee version of hunters. :-\

All Silliness aside. we are at about ground level for DPS. With luck....we will get buffed up in the next build and become viable. We wont see the big numbers that we had 2-3 weeks ago I don't think. They admit we aren't where we are supposed to be as dps. Now it just requires them to balance it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem
    My theory is that we are all supposed to be unholy spec for master of ghouls and play like a melee version of hunters. :-\

All Silliness aside. we are at about ground level for DPS. With luck....we will get buffed up in the next build and become viable. We wont see the big numbers that we had 2-3 weeks ago I don't think. They admit we aren't where we are supposed to be as dps. Now it just requires them to balance it properly.
    well even tho im still low lvl but when i was 59 blood dps in a all dk run for ramparts I was in 2nd place for dmg.
    the other dks are as follow lvl and spec listed.

Blood Tank LvL 59
    Blood DPS LvL 63
    Blood DPS LvL 59
    Unholy DPS LvL 60
    then myself at the time 59 Blood DPS

Ramp Recount #'s

Who is... what in that pic?

I'm guessing unholy was kind of low on the list, and blood near the top (ones that mashed the button the most got even higher on list)

and well considering the difference in pet DPS as mentioned

Hunter 1= 694dps + pet 332 dps <--- tiger
    Hunter 2= 499 dps + pet 426 dps <--- devilsaur
    DK = 458 dps.

Hunter #1 = gear that for the most part could alst till Lv 75-77
    Hunter #2 \ northrend greens and maybe 1-2 blues from quests in northrend :P
    devilsaur is a very powerful pet... if not the strongest with the most +bonus damage.

It could potentially do alot more once I get used to hunter more, with dps rotations gear upgrades etc. (don't think I had logevity either) which would let me spam bestial wrath more... but it did die a few times in the instance (either growls bugged and won't turn off or cower just sucks or tank does).

Defiantly picking it up again for expansion... it'll be my first Lv80... and defiantly keeping it around for gankers when I lvl an alt haha. That and eng+BS need cobolt...TONS of cobolt.. which my hunter will get mining by the tons!

It'll have an estimated 20,000 armor... 10,000+ hp and a damage rating buffed with just bestial of probably near 600dps on its own. More then enough to rape someone at lv 70-75 range for the most part.

I'll probably level my DK 2nd... having a lv80 to protect my death knight is always a +
    Wouldn't you be afraid to gank someone protected by a 17,000-20,000HP+ hunter in epic flying with a pet that "hits" 1000's ? :P

no the unholy is the one at the very top he was rank 1.
    I was below him in 2nd.