Paladin: An Analysis of Holy/Ret from a pvp persective

Currently throughout this forum we are seeing a massive cry to nerf paladins. Once this is responded too (JotW nerf) by blizzard it cripples the class. There are currently two paths for a paladin to choose from in my beta experiance being 37/0/34 (battle healer) and 0/20/51 ret. The goal of this post is to explain some facts about these specs and prepose modifications to them.

First off currently Ret is being whined about because of its massive burst damage, one must keep in mind when looking at rets dps in duels is a duel in no way resembles arena you have no LoS, support, or terrain to help you. The mentality blizzard was thinking by giving ret such high dmg is that they are the only class that does not have a means to get to their target quickly. Even enh has a sort of sprint through sprit wolfs, this is important because of the ease that ret can be kited/ nuked from a far still remains its main weakness. The damage of ret is what should have the least impact the implications of instant FoL's and large +healing will change the arena dynamics of this class. In its current state ANY mana drain will render a ret completely in competent reducing its dmg to nil

The main issue i feel that must be changed in WotLK before it hits live is the dominance of 37/0/34 holy. HS crits lead to instant HLs which makes it near impossible to take down a target and due to the fact that you get 24% of your mana back every 8seconds from JotW you cannot go oom. No healer in the game has the ability to gain back 193%of its mana back every minute. from JotW and the new Divine Plea.

Sujested solutions:
    Ret: Put the cast time back on HoW the mobility it offers is a noticeable boost even though it may not seem so. Also revert imp HoJ to 45second CD not 30second give ret the ability to HoR6s-Repentance10s-divinestorm/CS-HoR is over overpowered now 2h class can stunlock thus the reason for mace stun nerf.

Holy: This entire spec could be fixed if JotW was 20% of base mana this would leave it relatively unchanged for ret pallies and ruin it for holy pallies thus balancing the class.

Feedback: if you have any comments or suggestions please post them here
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

cooms

Re: Paladin: An Analysis of Holy/Ret from a pvp persective

im sorry but the entire ret "improvements" u mentioned made me vomit in my mouth a little. Your class and everyone needs to have a number pass and then we can judge..and def not buffs :. rofl

Quote Originally Posted by cooms
    im sorry but the entire ret "improvements" u mentioned made me vomit in my mouth a little. Your class and everyone needs to have a number pass and then we can judge..and def not buffs :. rofl
    Numbers for sure change but that does not change the heart of what is truly leading to the strength of Ret which is its new instant FoLs every few seconds which goes nicely hand in hand with its "blue rage bar" Reducing the damage of ret will simply force them to use these heals but still result in the same outcome
    Edit: by reducing the amount of time they can keep a target stuned you reduce their time to heal and give the opponent time to fight back
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

cooms

I think pallys should get damage AT 70 reduced and i have no problem with them having a "blue rage bar" as long as they arnt like they are now. I get that pallys at 80 are fine and dandy but in PTR it is a way way off from ok. I know its PTR but i just dont understand what blizzard was thinking. The only way to "test" anything against a lot of classes is against the target dummies.

O good, another "How Paladins should be fixed" thread. For a moment there I was afraid we didn't have enough and the sky would come falling down on us...

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

I'm kinda hoping none of the developers are listening to any of this. Paladins are fine.

And here I got my hopes up that someone might be able to give some insight... true insight, into this potential spec.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

paladin are fine, L2P!
    Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?

ret dps will be buffed or everyone elses will be nerfed due to pve inequalities. expect it. its coming.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    O good, another "How Paladins should be fixed" thread. For a moment there I was afraid we didn't have enough and the sky would come falling down on us...
    make me lol

and imo paladins are fine the way they are