why pala seem OP

lets compare the pala to its pre tbc counterpart the shammy

shammy
    • When you critically hit with a melee weapon, you reduce the cast time of your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava
    Burst, Lesser Healing Wave, Healing Wave or Chain Heal spell by 20%. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 15 seconds.
    • Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast Shaman spells by 6% and increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30%
    of your attack power.
    • Increases your Attack Power by 100% of your Intellect.
    • Increases the damage done by your Lightning Shield orbs by 15%, increases the amount of mana gained from your Water
    Shield orbs by 15% and increases the amount of healing done by your Earth Shield orbs by 15%.
    • Reduces all damage taken by 30% and gives your successful melee attacks a chance to regenerate mana equal to 30% of your
    attack power. Lasts 15 sec.
    • Instantly attack with both weapons. In addition, the next 2 sources of Nature damage dealt to the target are increased by
    20%. Lasts 12 sec.

pala
    • Increases the critical strike damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 20% and when these
    abilities critically hit the cast time of your next Flash of Light is reduced by 0.1 sec.
    • Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power and your critical healing spells heal the target for
    60% of the healed amount over 12 seconds.
    • Increases the attack power bonus of your Blessing of Might by 25%.
    • Your Judgement spells have a 100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana
    regeneration equal to 0.5% of their maximum mana per second, and to immediately grant you 20% of your maximum mana.
    • You gain 25% of your total mana over 10 sec, but the amount healed by your spells is reduced by 50%.
    • An instant strike that causes 110% weapon damage.

compare
    • Shammy after 5 crits have a instant heal or dmg spell
    • Pala after 2 crits have a 0.5s flash heal
    • Shammy & pala have 30% ap converted to spellpower
    • Shammy watershield to regen mana
    • Pala judgment of the wise to regen mana (also helps raid)
    • Shammy have shamanic rage to regen mana based on AP which get increased by a self buff (unleashed rage)
    • Pala divine plea regens 25% base mana
    • Shammy & pala have a instant talent but palas talent doesn’t have any other effect

Seeing a shammy has DW and flurry getting 5 crits doesn’t take to long and after that they can fire of whatever they want be it dmg or heal
    The reason why pala look OP atm is because we got a lot in 1 go while shammy had it from TBC (and we got a healing whirl)

Re: why pala seem OP

What's the point of this thread again?

Seem OP? This thread feels like a weak attempt at comparing two classes with completely subjective points in a manner that is supposedly relevant in an effort to make paladins 'seem' not OP.

I don't think there's a person in teh beta right now that is going to consider ret damage equal to enhance damage. they're not even remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by topfer
    What's the point of this thread again?
    i dunno, but i been OP since i rolled a pally, just don't see why this xpac would make it any different

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by burningcacti
    i dunno, but i been OP since i rolled a pally, just don't see why this xpac would make it any different
    Oh I know what you mean. I top the DPS on every chart that I am on...assuming it can even measure my awesomeness. People beg me to come carry their paltry DPS in lesser raids or badge runs of Kara/heroics. I post my stats in LFG and invites and whispered begs come. I dominate arena and am always welcomed to any team I decide to help ou-- oh wait...that's my warlock.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Grimgrin

You fail to mention damage coeffiecients.......

i admit shadow bolt is fun. I still prefer Pallys, nothing like topping dps while tanking.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by burningcacti
    i admit shadow bolt is fun. I still prefer Pallys, nothing like topping dps while tanking.
    Prot tanking on big trash pulls like MH has to be one of the most fun tanking experiences in the game.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

well only like the first or second time, after that it gets old quick.

Well, you'll still be able to laugh at all the other tanks who can't get aggro off you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Torax
    Well, you'll still be able to laugh at all the other tanks who can't get aggro off you :P
    always have and probably always will. not like tanking all the a bombs is that bad..let the warriors go play with the caster mobs in the back

You simply cannot argue two classes in eight points. You're leaving out so many comparisons between the two classes that your argument is void. However, I believe that the current outcry from the community isn't the power of shamans towards paladins but rather paladins towards everyone else.

- Shaman have purge (purge 2 buffs at once)
    - Paladin can target totems to wipe the buff out

Result: Since paladins are buff base(meaning without buffs, the class can't do crap, eg. Seals is the main source of attack), that means to defeat paladin all you have to do is to spam purge.

The pally may chase around your totem to wipe it. Shaman only have to target the pally and spam purge while dpsing. 0.5 sec flash heal whatever crap it doesn't really matter cuz shaman can earthshock it off (har~har~). Pally counter skill of earthshock? a 1 min cooldown of hammer of justice.

conclusion
    Shaman > Paladin in any cases

Quote Originally Posted by HapZungLam

Result: Since paladins are buff base(meaning without buffs, the class can't do crap, eg. Seals is the main source of attack), that means to defeat paladin all you have to do is to spam purge.

The pally may chase around your totem to wipe it. Shaman only have to target the pally and spam purge while dpsing. 0.5 sec flash heal whatever crap it doesn't really matter cuz shaman can earthshock it off (har~har~). Pally counter skill of earthshock? a 1 min cooldown of hammer of justice.

conclusion
    Earth shock silences for 2 seconds if they manage to catch you while casting that .5 second spell and has a 6 second cooldown, if you can't heal yourself because there is a shaman with earth shock you're horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by HapZungLam

conclusion
    and thats why enhashaman is overrepresented in all brackets...

oh wait

thats warrior

also, i thought seals are undispellable for retris? nvm, that retri was prolly too dumb to specc into it.

seriously, why is this threat about retri vs enha, when neither of them is arena-desirable spec?