woo DK getting rebuffed a bit! /bluepost

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...24995&sid=2000

DPS changes

-- Death Coil, Frost Strike, Death and Decay damage increased.
    -- Strikes that scale with diseases changed so that the weapon damage, not just the flat damage, scales with the disease.
    -- Double rune abilities damage increased: Obliterate, Howling Blast, Scourge Strike, Death Strike.
    -- Unholy Blight no longer causes Blood Plague, but had its cooldown removed.
    -- Several attack power coefficients increased.
    -- Bloody Strikes and Scent of Blood swapped places.
    -- Bladed Armor now turns armor into Strength (which then is turned into Parry).
    -- Master of Ghouls' Ghoul now lasts until killed or similarly dismissed.
    -- Ravenous Dead no longer affects Ghoul duration, but grants your rotting little buddy 60% more of your Str and Sta. (Stam goes from 30% of yours to ~50% of yours. Strength goes from 100% to 160%.)

Tanking changes

-- Frost Presence now grants 10% total health in addition to its current bonuses.
    -- Blood Gorged, Rage of Rivendare and Tundra Stalker all grant 1/2/3/4/5 expertise.
    -- Will of the Necropolis no longer grants expertise and now lowers Anti-Magic Shell cooldown.
    -- Pestilence has no target limit. (It still has a radius limit.) Pesilence glyph now increases area.
    -- Death and Decay no longer has a cower component, but a glyph can add that back.
    -- Frigid Dreadplate now has a 100% chance for 2/4/6% miss but only on the DK.

Rewards for the selfless buffer

-- Abom's Might now grants 2% Strength at all times.
    -- Improved Icy Talons now grants 2% haste at all times.
    -- Ebon Plaguebringer now grants 3% crit at all times.

Runeforge changes

-- Lichbane now does 2% weapon damage as Fire, and double damage to undead.
    -- Swordbreaking and Swordshattering add disarm duration reduction.
    -- Spellbreaking and Spellshattering add silence duration reduction.
    -- Cinderglacier reduced to 2 charges.

No doubt many awesome small tweaks I am forgetting.

AWESOME SMALL TWEAKS.

-----

See, I forgot one already.

-- Veteran of the Third War increased to 6/6/6 Str / Sta / Exp to match warriors.

So Blood can still be all about the expertise. Though you did lose 1 point. Lo siento mucho.

AWESOME SMALL TWEAKS.

-----
    looking forward to it, also in random little posts, they are moving 'some" effects previously on DK abilities to glyphs, so the abilities arn't "too overpowered" by itself but cna be through glyphs. (like the fear effect from death n decay is being moved to a glyph)

Re: woo DK getting rebuffed a bit! /bluepost

Ravenous dead seems like its going to be OP. I dunno what kind of damage ghouls do, but 160% of your str? insane.

These changes make so much sense and will again tweak the fuck out of builds. I am going to be very interested in what the new coefficients are especially since I only finally found out what the current ones are. And they are bad, terribad.

Oh and UB will be worth the point again. Just when I was trying to find a build that didnt use it :O

now with this and the other info for other classes!
    that now means another build will be coming somewhat soon i assume.

I dont mind losing the cower effect on D&D bc when i use it doesnt seem to proc anyway.
    So to me its no lost there!

Its nice of them to give us alot of exp talents beside the one well now two in blood but least frost and unholy have it as well.

One thing for sure im happy about them putting 10% total health on Frost Presence beside its current effect.

Oh yea gulkeeve that one unholy build i showed u that is like tanking/pvp fing rocks!

The change to Ebon Plauge is very interresting, it is now basically the same as CoE from warlocks, and Judgement of the Crusader.

Not that im complaining, but it is quite a nice buff. Cant wait for the next patch to go in so I can test some more

ravenous dead just found a much larger place in my talent tree, since it effctivly brings your ghoul up to about the power of a BM pet.

-- Several attack power coefficients increased.

wonder if that means impurity wnt be worthless anymore

-- Unholy Blight no longer causes Blood Plague, but had its cooldown removed.

ill take that trade easily, i wondered how they were going to fix the way it bugged out blood plague

-- Double rune abilities damage increased: Obliterate, Howling Blast, Scourge Strike, Death Strike

whoo!

-- Death and Decay no longer has a cower component, but a glyph can add that back.

meh, it had its damage increased. i would rather have more power over a low proc rate short lasting fear

-- Blood Gorged, Rage of Rivendare and Tundra Stalker all grant 1/2/3/4/5 expertise.

we needed that
    all hail king frost strike

Looks like it back to Unholy again for me. I am still wondering though if Scourge Strike will be on par with Obliterate, It kinda bugs me that SS is weaker then SS I still feel they should be on par with damage.

SS does more damage than oblit to anything with armor. In pve its almost always quite a bit more solo, and slightly more when sunders get factored in.

IMO impurity is still worth it depending on what you are building for. The difference it makes gets heavilly overlooked. For things like Disease ticks and BB it adds quite a bit.

Unholy is going to be killer again but coefficient changes will buff blood a ton, and frost strike being improved could very much help Frost since its so damned easy to get rediclous amounts of RP in that tree. HB being buffed will help a shitton too with the new rime.

Unholy sounds the best now but depending on those numbers the other trees could be just as sexy. I sense good things.

Im curious does anyone know if SS scales with Black Ice and Impurity? In the spell description it says it does Weapon damage as shadow damage, kinda confused me a bit.

Also does is reaping worth it if your mainly considering to raid DPS/PVP as unholy, I for one cant make up my mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Im curious does anyone know if SS scales with Black Ice and Impurity? In the spell description it says it does Weapon damage as shadow damage, kinda confused me a bit.

Also does is reaping worth it if your mainly considering to raid DPS/PVP as unholy, I for one cant make up my mind about it.
    it does scales with Black Ice that is for sure!
    as for Impurity i would assume so!
    I dont have points into it Impur that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shido
    it does scales with Black Ice that is for sure!
    as for Impurity i would assume so!
    I dont have points into it Impur that is.
    Any chance you could test it out for me I m doing some number Crunching. If it does scale that would mean huge damage SS and a good boost. Also since your already down far enough the frost tree to grab black ice is it worth to grab annihilation even though you have SS as a Unholy DK?

i didnt, you some people might. remember, unless you are hardcore ONLY PVP you still need to find 3 points somewhere for subversion.

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    i didnt, you some people might. remember, unless you are hardcore ONLY PVP you still need to find 3 points somewhere for subversion.
    hardcore PVP, yes thats me. I can always respect to Blood if I want to raid

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Any chance you could test it out for me I m doing some number Crunching. If it does scale that would mean huge damage SS and a good boost. Also since your already down far enough the frost tree to grab black ice is it worth to grab annihilation even though you have SS as a Unholy DK?
    Its not affected by impurity. Impurity only affects spells. There is no ATP modifier on SS, its just weapon damage and set in stone bonuses.

However because the entire attack is considered shadow damage, it is increased by black ice because its affects all shadow damage.

Otherwise the only things that affect it are general damage increases. Ebon Plague doesnt affect it (its not a spell, nor spell damage, its just shadow melee damage.)

The new build being active as we speak!

Least see how much of the dmg inc we get from what GC had said.
    I for one am happy we're getting buffed up again!

Wonder what other stuff in dk and in general getting change?!

what is "vulnerability" exactly? in ebon plaguebringer it says increases vulnerability is better than rage of rivendale? why or why not?

basically, it works out to plus 13% magical damage from all sources. that includes your diseases, scourge strike, and the mage next to you casting fireball. an excellent raid buff.

rage of rivendare increases ALL your damage, so your melee attacks and strikes in addition to your spell damage and so on, but it doesn't effect anyone else in the raid. as to which is better, it really doesn't matter. they both kick ass, max out both

Quote Originally Posted by jojomunki
    Epic Fail on all Levels. You missed so many good talents that are essential to PVP such as Virulence. Also why spec into Night of the Dead since it cant be used in Arena's.