Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rumor question - Ashes of Al'ar if Kael is 5 manned?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi
    1. It's impossible to 5 man Kael.
    2. Why would they give a 100% drop chance? It's now a rare and very nice mount, don't ruin it. You also can't compare Ashes of Al'ar to Amani War Bear and the achievement in WotLK where you get the black amani war bear or whatever.

Who told you this? Is the source so good that you have to ask it here? You already knew it was a stupid question before you posted it . And to be honost it is. And what is there to discuss about this?

p.s. you could also find it out yourself by reading some stuff on forums or wowwiki
    Maxi, maxi, maxi . . . so much effort, so little point to you typing at all.

1. You don't know that at all - seems like it is, but perhaps not. Hence the post.
    2. Why? Jesus, don't ask such stupid questions. Why would they? For the achievement.
    3. Could have found out by reading what other post? Dumbass - this post got flamed all to hell - sure does encourage others to ask questions like this.

Thanks for wasting oxygen.

By the way, remember that if you kill the Eredar Twins the other way you get more loot so loot is indeed changed in some ways... It can probably be true (Even tho I don't think so) but... Really... Is there a way to 5-man Kael'Thas? Thats absolutely a NO. Maybe the first phase (hardly) but the 2nd phase, no way.
    Thanks - my point exactly. And ya, after the 2nd phase, tough to see how 5 could do it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughtt
    I don't know what's more pathetic.

A) 2 year old content that top end guilds probably do 5 man or 10 man for fun in our sexy 3k dps etc
    B) Trying to justify this AFTER this 2 years of old AND nerfed content
    C) Just lack of overall research to end up posting on these forums to try get people to think the same way? If it was possible, it would have been discovered by now, just think that some guilds don't sleep...

That's just my opinion though, thanks for wasting 5 minutes.
    Yaaaay! Another asshat that doesn't read the post, doesn't understand what's being asked, and then spews out BS till his eyes are brown. And you're the one who wasted your own time.

Just to point out how woefully inadequate your understanding is, I'm talking about the idea that you could 5 man Kael (TK Kael) in WotLK you idiot. Read first, comprehend second, then post. Ask if you don't understand something - don't prove you're a moron.

Go waste your time somewhere else - we don't care about your opinion.

(Btw - I'm sick of taking shit from idiots, it's game on now. Thanks to all who posted in this thread with good points/thought/ideas - even if it was pointing out that this rumor is probably totally wrong. Likewise, fuck you all who can't respond nicely with intelligent questions or thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cubby

(Btw - I'm sick of taking shit from idiots, it's game on now. Thanks to all who posted in this thread with good points/thought/ideas - even if it was pointing out that this rumor is probably totally wrong. Likewise, fuck you all who can't respond nicely with intelligent questions or thoughts.
    Let it go...you are just fueling the fire. You can't avoid the jerks and insulting posts no matter what question you ask on these forums, all you can do is move along.

As far as the mount goes, I have not heard anything about it, but would highly doubt they would let it drop at 100%.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Let it go...you are just fueling the fire. You can't avoid the jerks and insulting posts no matter what question you ask on these forums, all you can do is move along.

As far as the mount goes, I have not heard anything about it, but would highly doubt they would let it drop at 100%.
    Good point, good advice.

My thought upon hearing it and chatting with the person who mentioned it to me, was that it would act like the ZA bear mount drop (basically, obviously there would be differences). Something absolutely heroic that would take the best gear with the best skill.

However, sifting through the BS, it seems that the biggest problem (out of the many pointed out ) is that it just couldn't be done with just 5 people. Too much to tank, not enough dps in the time allotted, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaner
    You have to be in raid group to enter the eye.

And again, you sir fail
    You can make a "raid" with 2 people.

on a side note... you'd basically kill yourself with only 5 people because of the MC's + lack of healing/tanking/dps on phase... 3? when the weapons come out + shortly after the 4 advisors attack all at once. Once you actually get past those.. and the 2-3 spam mc's should be easy enough

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    Good point, good advice.

My thought upon hearing it and chatting with the person who mentioned it to me, was that it would act like the ZA bear mount drop (basically, obviously there would be differences). Something absolutely heroic that would take the best gear with the best skill.

However, sifting through the BS, it seems that the biggest problem (out of the many pointed out ) is that it just couldn't be done with just 5 people. Too much to tank, not enough dps in the time allotted, etc.
    Yeah, it would be quite a feat if a group of 5 were to be able to accomplish killing him. It would be insteresting if there were mount rewards for doing something along these lines but I would certainly hope it wasn't The Ashes just to keep it as rare as it is. It is nice to see one from time to time, and would be rather dissapointing to see them everywhere. Going along with the ZA bear, maybe they could do something like, "Kill all bosses in Tempest Keep in XX amount of time" as an achievement and the reward would be a new mount of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi
    2. Why would they give a 100% drop chance? It's now a rare and very nice mount, don't ruin it. You also can't compare Ashes of Al'ar to Amani War Bear and the achievement in WotLK where you get the black amani war bear or whatever.
    Yeah, getting the phoenix just needs an impossible amount of luck and hardly anything else. The Kaelthas encounter is not even that hard to accomplish imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Themzor
    Guys me and 4 other DKs on the PTR just 5 manned The Eye, you don't need to be in a raid group anymore. It took us 28 minutes but we killed Kael. Got the mount and 12 Nexus Keys.
    Can't be a DK on the ptr. :

What kind of jackass quotes me on something I didn't even say.
    man up Nancy, you edited your two minutes after he posted. granted, most of us got it that you meant beta when you said PTR, but the mistake was yours, not his
    all hail king frost strike

I like turtles!

Guys me and 4 other DKs on the PTR just 5 manned The Eye, you don't need to be in a raid group anymore. It took us 28 minutes but we killed Kael. Got the mount and 12 Nexus Keys.
    LOLOLOLOLOL ;D ;D ;D

What a lier!

Theres is no way to 5 man Kael, regardless you level 80 or class.

5 DK, right? Ok, one can tank Grand Astromancer Capernian, but the others 4 need to dps.

How the others DK deal with his abilities?

Arcane Explosion
    Deals ~5k arcane damage, knockbacks a considerable distance and snares everyone in melee range.

Fireball
    Deals ~7k fire damage to the player highest on threat.

Conflagration
    Deals 9 k damage to a random player within 30y range and disorients him. Also deals 900 damage / second to players nearby.
    I am sure you never stepped in Kael room to fight him, because you have no knowledge of the fight or phases, and Last but not least, DK's don't exist on PTR.

And for anyone thinking about 5 mans, its is just plain impossible, because in phase 4 you cant handle all abilities of Kael and do dps at same time.

Phase 4
    Kael'thas Sunstrider
    Mind Control
    Kael'thas mind controls three random targets twice every minute. The effected targets can be crowd controlled or even dispelled with the help of the dagger proc.

Arcane Disruption
    Deals 2k arcane damage to everyone in the room and disorients for 10 seconds. The staff makes you immune to the disorient effect.

Phoenix
    Kael'thas can cast a flame strike at a random person, from where a Phoenix spawns. The Phoenix is using a Hellfire like ability and loses HP every second. Once it's dead, an egg will spawn. You have to kill the egg within 15 seconds or the phoenix will respawn.

Fireball
    Hits for 25k without mace buff on the person with most threat. Can be interrupted.

Shock Barrier
    A shield that absorbs 100k damage. You have to break this shield before you can interrupt spells.

Pyroblast
    A Pyroblast dealing 45000-55000 Fire damage every 60 seconds.
    Kael'thas starts casting these every time the Shock Barrier is up. He can throw up to three Pyroblasts in a row if they aren't interrupted.
    Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
    Oscar Wilde

Deleted

pull my finger ? !

Quote Originally Posted by Blafasel
    Yeah, getting the phoenix just needs an impossible amount of luck and hardly anything else. The Kaelthas encounter is not even that hard to accomplish imo.
    Phoenix isn't all that rare for an epic drop like that, but it's rare for the same reason T5 Chest is the rarest tier piece on all of BC. Nobody kills him. Ashes drop rate is close to 2-3% I believe which is insanely high, if guilds ever bothered to kill him odds are you'd probably see a bunch on your server.

Ashes of alar is the second rarest mount in the game besides barons mount, if anything the only mount they would make 100% drop rate is the ZG mounts. They wouldn't make a phoenix that flys 310% speed a 100% drop rate ever.

Deleted

Stopped trying to clean up this tread at page 3. Grow up people...