Are you having success in duels on PTR/Beta?

Because I am absolutely not. I know they don't define everything but damn if it's not a bit disheartening. Maybe I'm terrible, but I'm really struggling out there. Anybody else feel my pain?

Edit: Maybe just being able to get somebody down to 20-30% and staying on top of them is all we can expect? Since our success is based on our healer's ability to heal, perhaps if you can nudge them down that far that'll show success with backup. Shame that it has to be this way.

Re: Are you having success in duels on PTR/Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust
    Because I am absolutely not. I know they don't define everything but damn if it's not a bit disheartening. Maybe I'm terrible, but I'm really struggling out there. Anybody else feel my pain?
    warriors... at least from what ive seen at level 70... need some buffs... this coming from a lock and druid main

my druid can rip up almost any warrior ive seen on the PTR as any spec... including resto
    same goes for my lock

im sure you are struggling with mages and paladins as well

It's definitely not just you.

I think generally we're still the gear-dependent heal-dependent class that we've always been.

I can't really find a class where our rock beats thier scissors anymore.

Warriors are probably the biggest loser of duels. So don't expect to win many.
    This user has been banned.

Warriors have never been really good at 1v1, so don't expect to dominate duels.

On the other hand, I've played a fair bit of level 80 frost Mage on beta, and they're dominating classes on beta right now.

Mages are a freaking machine on beta, nothing stands a chance. The burst, control and defensive maneuvers is crazy, plus their 5 second stun which does 1.5k+ damage and on a 30 second cooldown, drops people like flies. I dueled an arms Warrior (including bladestorm) and just dominated the crap out of him. Just ice block it and the match is over.

I guess this is to be expected. Frost Mages have always had Warriors as a free kill, but seriously Mages right now are nuts.

Looks like I'll be getting my mage to 80 first in WotLK.

Dueling on PTR is impossible atm. People just abuse the lag by slowing you and running all over the place while using instants. Mages, locks, palas and rogues seem to dps you down VERY fast.