Crusader strike range

Just wondering if this spell is bugged? I get 'out of range' spam when I am less than an inch away from my target, this is really annoying for pvp :S

Re: Crusader strike range

Quote Originally Posted by deo
    Just wondering if this spell is bugged? I get 'out of range' spam when I am less than an inch away from my target, this is really annoying for pvp :S
    Server Lag
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

this has happened so many times with me i pretty much have to be "inside" someone just to take a swing at them. it is annoying, but whats worse is when i chase someone down, my addon says that i'm in range, i got to cast repentance and get out of range flash on my screen...but! the spell was sweet enough to dismount me. gotta love it
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.

Well on live i'm usually at 100ms or so, and it seems reasonably fine, but on ptr, it's only an increase of 300ms (making my lat @ 400-500ms) and I crusader strike is virtually unusable unless I totally spam click it and hope to get lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    Yes because making the customer that is getting near 10 mb dl a second should jump through a whole bunch of hurtles to fix a problem on server side connection amiright ? Most of the wow Player base doesn't even know where to start with all that networking language and protocols so in the end instead of fixing it on the companies end that gets pay to do make there game enjoyable and work properly we at Blizzard feels that since you still play a monthly fee you should fix the problem for us by adjusting TcpAckFrequency setting.

In the end it isn't really Blizzard problem to start with it's our friendly ATT foke on the Eastern side of North America. Well that's my problem at lest when it comes to server side lag.

Imho just increase the range of these spells to about 15 yards. That should fix everything.
    If they increase the range of melee attacks so will the range of ranged attacks... Now imagine a player that has nearly no lag... He will be able to anihilate everything from a really wierd distance making pvp completely based on megabits per second....^^
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

I did an achievement with my warrior long time ago, while spaming execute, this message was spamed in my screen: "You are too close to target" ???
    Lag is not melee friendly!

lol too close to hit him... just imagine that...^^
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

Get a better connection or learn to deal with it. This sort of thing has been in the game since its inception, there is no "fair" fix to it. You either do something on your end or live with the latency.

I have a hard time believing you're serious about increasing the range of some abilities.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Just spam the CS button :|

Welcome to melee classes, deal with it.

On live I have ~50 ms latency and it works perfectly fine. I suppose this may be problem for people with less efficient connections. I suggest you try changing TcpAckFrequency setting, look it up on google for more details.
    WoW uses TCP? I would have thought it used UDP, but I might be a bit off here. ^_^

You have packet loss problems, the game shows only useless informations like latency but packet loss isn't listed.
    We surely need a netgraph like Half-Life and Half-Life2 engines based.

Edit: 2 retribution paladins? oh my god... tell me why ;D

Get a fucking life l2deal with others opinions sort of deal ? Is that what you are saying because that's clearly what i am hearing from this.

Trust me my connection is more then fine.

Oh that's not the problem, lol i have been through 3 Mx518s over the last 2 years since the strike has been out because of wearing out my CS button. The annoying part is that the spell even if i am standing on the person from time to time is that it's not going off.

It's not a big deal it just irritates me.
    Don't get me wrong here, not trying to be hostile. My point is just that this sort of thing cannot be avoided, period. Adjusting game mechanics around latency, something that varies so much from player to player, is just bad design.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

No need to go easy on me, online games + melee combat has always suffered from this, it aint a surprise to anyone.

Take it from someone with 2 enh shamans, a ret paladin 2 warriors and a rogue /sigh

Does anyone of you ever played online matches on RUNE?
    It's a "nordic viking" 3rd person melee game base upon the first Unreal Engine, by the gods in this game we had the same IDENTICAL problem while using melee/special attacks

Well in that case maybe i should mention my 70 mage and lock lol hahaha.

Squishies don't count! :P

I'm fairly certain that some of their servers are in fact located in the midwest. Blizzard has an Austin branch where a lot of GMs work; it woud make sense if some of their servers were there as well.

It's almost impossible to hit Siege Tanks with Crusader Strike while chasing them, do to server lag.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by deo
    Well on live i'm usually at 100ms or so, and it seems reasonably fine, but on ptr, it's only an increase of 300ms (making my lat @ 400-500ms) and I crusader strike is virtually unusable unless I totally spam click it and hope to get lucky
    What makes you think they should increase the range of a spell just because your internet connection sucks?

Play live, those servers are located close to you, that's where the balance is, not on the PTR.