Enhancement shaman attack cycle

Hello my fellow enhancement shamans. What is your attack cycle in raids, when doing totem switching.

I'm currently doing like this:

Stormstrike - Windfury Totem - Agi Totem - Flame Shock / Earth Shock

This way i get 100% uptime on Windfury Totem and Stormstrike, but slack with shocks. I can shock only every 10 seconds.

Suggestions?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Enhancement shaman attack cycle

The way it is right now, I SS, Flame Shock, WF, GOA, ES and repeat, basically what you are doing.

Quit now, we're not viable in raids anymore in WotLK.

but wotlk is not released yet ???
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Having a set rotation when twisting makes it far too hard to compensate for maximising WF procs via SS, if you really want to max your DPS you're going to need to actively twist and think about it so you can stay off GCD to keep shocks up 100% and SS's ready instantly when the WF CD is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocolypso
    Quit now, we're not viable in raids anymore in WotLK.
    Just Ele, Resto and Enhance are doing fine right now.

It remains to be seen just how viable battle shammies will be with raids in the expansion, although a few things are certain; your "rotation" will be much less predictable then with TBC. Our attack method will now be a series of priorities depending on whether this or that procs and what Global Cooldown has expired. This will make it much less boring. You'll have to constantly weigh factors (should I heal myself with the "freebie" spell? Should I cast a Lightning Bolt?) throughout fights. The other significant difference for WotLK is that a larger proportion of our damage will be from spell damage than with TBC, which will affect our gear and talent choices.

One of Blizzard's stated objectives with raiding in the Expansion was to get away from raids needing some class types for the buffs they bring. To accomplish this they did two things; most buffs are raid-wide (your totems now have a 30' radius and affect everyone in a raid) and there are far fewer unique buffs. Death Knights can give the same buff as our talented Windfury totem now, for example. Blizzard wants you to be able to play with people that you want to play with, not be forced to play with a class that you need.

The consequence of this is that very few classes will be vital for a raid and your spot in a raid will depend more on your ability to produce (or destroy, I suppose) and how well you get along with other players.

Literally thousands of posts have been made on the raid viability of every class and spec. Based on NO EVIDENCE EXCEPT THAT MADE BY THEORYCRAFTERS, it looks at this point that enhancement shaman will be rather average contributors to the raid's DPS. Fair enough. If I can maintain a middle-of-the pack DPS in a 25 man raid and secure "my" spot by doing so, I'll be satisfied.