Poll: Do you want shield enchants to glow?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Poll] Do you want shield enchants to glow?

Quote Originally Posted by Militriax
    So lets put glows on everything since we use it 24/7? It would be nice "LF tank to naxx must be red glow!" Could make disco lights :-O
    haha

but seriously all the people saying ''whats next? b00tz with glow?'' the topic wasnt about anything other than shields with a glow/enchantvisuals because its pretty much a weapon.

shield enchants should cause an "aura" like glow on the floor around your feet, similar to paladin aura's when switching

Most people see it the glow thing bad cause they think every glow must glow like icy weapon or Executioner, witch is stupid, it can also be a subtle glow. A little red aura around the shield. Or just like Savagery enchant small drips from the shield. Not much. Just subtle

Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by lota7
    why not just make everything glow so we become giant wisps and have the ranged weapons shoot laser.
    Best idea ;D
    Most classes sets are glowing anyway, why not make shields glow too? They can even make animations and shields that speak "W00T how could you spank me!" "I dont wanna block mastaaa" "Get me outta here this green boy gonna kill me!"

15+ Year Old Account

I would like glows or auras on my shield as well as my weapon but I would want the same thing I want out of weapons in that I wish you had some sort of choice between glows on weapons that have a glow already associated with their models (like the Brutallizer). I would love to see an option for which glow to toggle. Also, it would be great if sometimes you could have both. For instance Blizzard added a very cool (imho) trail to weapons imbued with Windfury that you can only see when your weapons have no other glow. Seems like a bit of a waste right?

But yea, shield glows would be cool, given choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxe
    totally stupid and un-needed, you cant see rings, whereas prot warrs and paladins live with their sheild 24/7, plus with the size of some sheilds (bulwark and sword-breakers + alot of the new wotlk models) a effect on them would look good.
    I agree, you can't see rings and what not, however we that have Shields have to look at them all the time, some nice and cool effect on them would be totally awesome, the only END GAME shield that even has a effect in its model at the moment is the Heart of Kazrogal which has a pulsing heart on it(AKA AWESOME). Personally I would like to see this added to the game, BIG GLOWING BEACON IN THE DARK! ;D

I absolutely DONT like that Idea.
    Shield is a Shield, and most look very nice as they are, dont want to be a Power Ranger.

You know I dont really want a glow persay, but it would be really cool if say the metal bits glinted in the sun or something like that.

Props for the graphic design of:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...flordaeron.jpg

Best looking shield I have seen in a long time. It actually looks like it could be a shield. Best thing I would like is for the gold metal edges to glint every now and again, would make it just perfect.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    shield enchants should cause an "aura" like glow on the floor around your feet, similar to paladin aura's when switching

this would be sick, where do i vote for that, ofc not exactly like pally auras.

Yes, having my shield emit a nice blue glow (stamina) would be nice. Although I would prefer if using Holy Shield made it yellow with red fire (like the spell icon).

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen
    Absolutely no reason that they shouldn't.
    Absolutely no reason that they should either.

Quote Originally Posted by todddyn
    i tink if blizzard allow to show enchants in ALL weapons ill be more nice, not only in the weapon without Glows, like decaptator of prince, or example mounting vengeance of sunwell trash, this dont show enchant effect =\, blizzard can allow to show effect on this items too, and shield, well, why not?
    put on interface menu the option, "show enchant main hand", "show enchant off hand", will make all happy.

this is actually a verry good idea , and would make everyone happy

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    So, weapons have nice enchant glows but do you want shields to have the same? I'd love my bulwark of azzinoth to have an executioner-type look on it!
    No, i cant wear shields...... then let me enchants my wand and give that a glow as well...