Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Crusader strike's 2ndary effect idea

Don't hold your breathe on getting anything.

"Crusader strike now applies a -50% healing debuff"

Rawr.

- Slavemaker -

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    "Crusader strike now applies a -50% healing debuff"
    Would be nice, but it's to OP...

Secondary effect on Crusader strike?
    2 point talent linked to it making it a 50/100% chance to interupt spellcasting on the target.
    So it becomes a kick/pummel/earthshock but still useable as damage.

(Offcourse I'd rather have the old effect back though)

The issue that I see with making CS have an additional effect of counter-spell is having to save it for when someone is casting, which would go against the intent of the ability which is do instant damage on cooldown. Having a counter-spell effect added would actually be a hit to our DPS if you think about it.
    I am the interglow that lets you know to call your brother son.

The most interesting thing I think would be for it to apply a mana drain debuff. About the same level of effectiveness as viper sting. It fixes the beating forever on a healer problem, has limited but not spectacular benefits in PvE and makes for an interesting change in arena.

Crusader Strike should "silence" for .5-1 second, by silence I mean it just prevents the casting of new spells, doesn't interrupt the ones already being cast. Just to screw with people getting ready to do stuff, and by new spells I mean any ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkatron
    If they nerfed you, it's probably because you were doing too much damage. If you increase the damage you do with something like this, then you'd just get nerfed again to get your damage back in line.
    We were NOT doing TOO MUCH damage. Only problem was our BURST DAMAGE. Get your facts straight m8.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephan
    Resilience modification is a fairly interesting idea that hasn't been implemented into any offensive abilities. Considering how much Blizzard has been lacking in the originality department in this expansion, what with the homogenizing of classes and all that jazz, I could really see this suggestion holding some weight.

Though, 25% of Resilience might be a tad high. I'd have to see some numbers.
    Adding a 25% resilience reduction wouldn't be over the top imo and really would be weak in comparison to MS. Lets look at the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWwiki
    The damage reduction from a critical strike is capped at 25%, which equates to 492.8 resilience at level 70. However, there is currently no cap on DoT reduction or critical strike chance reduction.
    So lets say that a player at level 70 has 450 resilience. That's an 11.42% crit reduction and 22.84% crit damage reduction.
    This same player with Crusader Strike applied would have 8.58% crit reduction and 17.16% crit damage reduction for a total change of 2.84% crit and 5.68% crit damage.

The change really isn't that large and IMO nowhere near as valueable as MS in PVP. So with a nearly capped resilience target you'd gain about 3% crit and 6% crit damage. Players with less resilience would be affected even less.
    Dwarves are BURLY!

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    here's my idea, and probably good enough to cover up the dps nerf we got

on top of the dmg:
    gives crusader strike a chance on critical effect to allow the paladin to cast another seal that last for 30 sec. (30% chance to proc)

im sry but that nerf we recieved barely made a difference i owned before and i own now as simple as it gets but i did like your idea

Or how about they leave CS as it is. Because right now ret pallies are tearing shit up.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon