Rapture mana return

I am still a little unclear of how the mana return on Rapture is atm. At one time i believe i saw it was we got a % of damage absorbed from PW:S (believe it was 25% but not sure), but now it is .5/1/1.5/2/2.5% of max mana.

So does this mean that every time i absorb damage with PW:S or Divine Aegis i get 2.5% max mana each hit, or only 1 time for the 1 application of PW:S or Divine Aegis? I'm assuming its a 1 time thing, usually if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

This is kinda a side note but wth
    Rank 9 Flash heal is 470 mana (highest rank in BC)
    Glyph that reduces Flash Heal by 10% would reduce it by 47 mana
    You are now sitting at 423 mana per flash heal

Rapture giving back 2.5% max mana (assuming max mana pool of 10,000 which is easy to obtain) This would give you back 250 mana per flash heal

This would mean our Flash heal would cost 173 mana (220 if u don't take the glyph). This sounds REALLY REALLY nice but i think its to good to be true.

Yes i know that Paladins Flash of Light at max rank is 180 mana, but it only heals for 448 to 502 (yes i looked it up) and ours heals for over double 1101 to 1279.

Surprised i haven't heard them screaming yet, but if this is right, they will be as soon as they hear about it.

It's early here so my math might be way off or there might be something wrong with my logic but anyone with some clarity could shed some light it would be appreciated.

Hehe imagine if this was right, and if i heard correct new talents will be available pre expansion and (if) they haven't implemented the new downranking penalty's yet. I know it wont happen but it would kinda be funny healing and getting mana back, not counting mp5. I could just see it now a bunch of priests spamming Flash Heal rank 1 in arenas instead of drinking lol.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Re: Rapture mana return

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    This is why disc priests are the new tank healers...people are still obsessed with Gheal and haven't realised yet that disc now fires penance every cooldown and fills in between with flash heal spam. Basically disc priests = paladins with aoe options and different buffs.
    Well if my calculations are right more powerful than paladins, our flash heal is over 2x base heal than theirs and cheaper (i know +healing affects it but dont feel like doing numbers atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Healbot411
    Well if my calculations are right more powerful than paladins, our flash heal is over 2x base heal than theirs and cheaper (i know +healing affects it but dont feel like doing numbers atm)
    Calculation

did you go play a discipline on Beta?
    or are you still calculating and comparing to ZA/BT/SW where ever you are.

I PLAYED DISCIPLINE ON BETA. I ALSO PLAYED HOLY ON BETA.
    so from my EXPERIANCE ON A LVL 80 PVE GEAR CHARR FOR HEALING:
    holy = no mana, realy fast. holy sucks rly bad mana wise. spirit nerf again like in early BC. to the 25 m no one wanted me as holy, i came anyway as holy to test it but on live i rly rly hope i will have enough mana or holy is just shit - after all no down ranking, most of the time i cast cancel sooooo soooooo boring really. when i'm oom i stand and WAIT LIKE A IDIOT. i really hpe dev will wake up with the holy specc and fix it: priest holywas the best healer, was the only PURE healing class that only healed and gave no utility to the raid. either give us a better utility then that stupid hymm of hope (or "oops i regen with hymm tank died"). GS also is bleh i rarely use it cause i make sure my tank wont die. i am NOT ABLE TO HEAL RAID, i dont have mana for it.
    Dicsi = boring. reading up seeing moron write flash heal. L2PVE seriously. when you heal MT as disci or as holy on a 10m-25m. the mana you get back is pre EFFECTIVE HEAL, so acctually if you combine a interesting specc in disci (there isn't one) with rapture you can spam Gheal on the tank and be very efficiant. if you think like the posts above you can compare to live: YOU CAN'T play on beta or dont give advise. the problems i had as discipline: i went oom faster then all the healers, not as fast as holy. my HPS was ALOT lower which kinda stand in the way of the best way to heal a tank = High HpS not low. my Gheal as holy hit for almost 12k, as discipline 7.5k (these are non-crits). You don't crit much, stacking crit isn't "worth" it, you gain more from other stats. discipline is nice for healing tanks though shamans and palas still will own u mana wise and HpS wise (SO FUCKING SAD), resto druids can finish encounters with 80% mana giving you the inervate and you are oom already at 5%. as holy i could go oom really fast, especially if i don't overheal. i donno when blizz got the idea this game should include overhealing. i usually cast / stop casting, and "land" the heal only when needed, which leaves me in the FSR for a long time. yet there were time that i had to spam abit the Gheal (or tank will die) and BOOM 10 gheals, tank health still dodgey and i am OOM!

i had as disci: 16k HP in pve gear and 18k mana, as holy i had 15k HP and 17k mana. i didn't crit that often, regen was harsh on both specs, disci abit less.

i would definetly prefer raiding as PvE holy. atm i raid as holadin or resto shaman. simpley cause my epic priest got kicked. for the right reason: you can't have players being oom and the priests are oom rather fast. as discipline i wasn't that fast but it was boring like hell. i didn't take penance - i went on holy till spiritual healing for the healing from spirit and spreaded the rest of the points in PVE disci talent (or so they call them). nicr spam specc, but i have a paladin alt for that so...

I was playing with rapture on beta just yesterday actually. The mana rewarded is shown in the combat log.

"increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained" is more of a effect of which spell is being used rather then a benefit from +heals.

Flash heal was returning about 100 mana per cast, greater heal about 300. Power Word shield was just tested against some lvl 78 mob, but returned 10 per hit, for a total of about 100 before the shield was gone.

Also overhealing affects the mana returned. 100% overheal means zero mana returned.

Quote Originally Posted by openair
    I was playing with rapture on beta just yesterday actually. The mana rewarded is shown in the combat log.

"increasing the amount healed or absorbed increases the mana gained" is more of a effect of which spell is being used rather then a benefit from +heals.

Flash heal was returning about 100 mana per cast, greater heal about 300. Power Word shield was just tested against some lvl 78 mob, but returned 10 per hit, for a total of about 100 before the shield was gone.

Also overhealing affects the mana returned. 100% overheal means zero mana returned.
    Thank you, glad some one provided some numbers that is on the beta instead of a bunch of gibberish like the guy a few posts up.

Numbers seemed lower than i hoped but as i said if it sounds to good to be true than it usually it.

And to the IDIOT a couple posts up, if i was lucky enough to be in the beta i wouldn't have asked for some info..... Use your brain occasionally or at least pretend to =)

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    when i'm oom i stand and WAIT LIKE A IDIOT.
    I tried to warn you. I tried to warn all of you. But no, NOOO! "Get rid of wand spec!" you all said.

And now look at yourself. Standing around like an idiot because your wand does not do leet dps any longer.

I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei
    I tried to warn you. I tried to warn all of you. But no, NOOO! "Get rid of wand spec!" you all said.

And now look at yourself. Standing around like an idiot because your wand does not do leet dps any longer.

I told you so.
    /bow

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    After taking 10 damn minutes to translate Gibberish into English ('amg enklish isnt mai 1st langqueue lolol' isn't an excuse just type your post into word/open office seriously that would clean up your post so much). I discover that you say I'm a moron when you didn't even take penance which is the single thing that makes disc a good single target healer. It's like Gheal for the price of a flash heal. Go back to beta and respec this build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

If you always go with a ele shammy then drop imp DS, in 10 mans you might not have one. I can already tell you are pressing reply and going 'LOLOLOLO IDOT U DOT HAV DEVINE FURY', just trust me for a minute.

Get the flash heal glyph and whatever else you want for the other slots.

Tell your group 'I R GO HEAL TANK OLY K?' and just focus on keeping one of the tanks alive, letting the holy priest, resto shammy or resto druid group heal. Use penance every cooldown as it is stupidly cheap for the healing it does, keep shielding the tank for the 6% crit buff, keep renew up and on spare cooldowns use flash heal when needed, don't spam it like a paladin just use it when needed, with a 1.5 second cast time you have time to reactively heal instead of proactively (I'm sure a person of your mental caliber has a hard time healing proactively so just reactively heal). If your feeling really good, throw prayer of mending and help with the aoe damage, poh if needed.

Try this, what have you got to lose? You already 'failed' as holy and Gheal Disc and come back with a WWS report and the comments of your fellow raiders.

- Yours sincerely, Patronization 101
    i'm glad to hear you managed yourself threw heroics and 10m's with flash heal.i'm also glad to hear that because someone plays better or differently then you you need to act like you just did.
    the basics of PvE and gamestyle of mine and yours are different, you won't see me dissing you for losing a tank with your flashheal + sheild and penance spam, at the same time you don't know who i am and how much experiance i have (and you also don't know that i NEVER lose a tank, since MT healing is EASY and BORING in pve to my veiw).

since i came as discipline to replace the paladin and since my veiw on healing tanks is not by useing a sheild that costs same amount of mana as your greater heal (almost) i rather chain cast with divine fury and hast 2.2 sec cast of greater heal. although you were a fucktard idiot i went and tried your system (not cause it seemed logical, not out of respect to ppl that talk like you, but out of wanting to try a new gamestyle that might add flavor to this dull disci specc). i caused 3 wipes by losing tank in 25m naxx, 3 wipes only cause flash didnt heal enough and 1.2 sec later the tank got another hit when penance was on CD and he had weakend soul on (thinking if i would've used gheal...).
    your system is really nice as a shit healer (sorry but you were a fucktar the way you talked), and a second tank healer, for a raidhealer helping the tank healing. from my pve experaince which is by far more then yours (since i tried to heal like you wrote you did with the same spec it, while you just dissed and act like a arse to someone you don't know, and i found out your so called epic gamestyle worked in heroics not in the 25 m), i would say - yes flash heal is nice and efficiant - with raptue greater heal is also effeicant.

let me add: you can easly spam flash or greater heal as MT heal, you can theory craft all day. FACT: tank survived with greater heal healing (and i will explain to thought like you who don't know how to heal tanks like this: you cast greater heal, and you cancel if the tank didn't take damage, you only let the heal land if the tank lost HP, basically cast -> cancel etc. usually i noticed i don't cancel since tank do get hits) without adding anything. FACT: tank didn't get enough HPS with sheild + penance spam and renew up all time.

my flash heal returned 156 mana, my greater heal non crits returned 405 mana (acording to blizzards combat log frame) in raid buffed.
    acording to the log from last raid - when i used greater heal in a encounter i returned in total more mana the while using sheild penance and flash. the difference wasn't huge. i would say both ways are vailiable to play. i think mine is better because u r an ass. (in both ways mana wasn't to hurtfull, although there is a clearly advantge to shamans and druids and paladins over me). i assume if we had some pala healers to the MT's i would've pom penance etc, yet if i wouldn't have to be primarly MT healer i'll spec holy. though i'm really not that sure. oom is something that bothers me. seeing how priests class looks pretty dissapoints me when i compare it to the other healers. seems like they became the primary healers and i'm just shit.

i'm really sorry if this was hard or painfull to read, english is not my first second or third language i know i have grammer mistakes and typing disorders. i don't care. at least i'm not an ass that thinks he knows it all like you.