AFK and BOT problem on Battleground

Hi all.

I dont know if someone already post it.
    Someone know if Blizz are suppose to REALLY try to solve this problem?

Because the present system doesn't work, really doesn't work.
    You report a afker, he just go in battle to lose the debuff and return afk after... WOW.
    In AV I saw like 15 players in the same time with this strategie.
    Some of them are BOT who react about this debuff, and to go the battle to remove it, and continiu to be afk after.

That SCRAP the GB game. I love go in BG, but each time, I saw a lot of player with that strategie.
    I cant have fun now with this kind of player. Player who can grab a lot of token and honor without play and scrap the game play!!

I had open a ticket for some BOT, real BOT, the king who do the same way all the time from the graveyard to the battle for dont had the debuff. And you know what...I saw the stupid BOT all day long. The GM dont do anything!!! WHY?

Blizz dont want lose money from that kind of player?
    If Blizz can put a real penality, with a real system of reporting, perhaps we will see less or no anymore afker and BOT player.

Sorry, I know my english are bad. It not my base language.

Re: AFK and BOT problem on Battleground

Quote Originally Posted by Airmick
    Blizz dont want lose money from that kind of player?
    Blizzard don't want to lose money. Period.

IMO Blizzard only perma-ban players who they can see are addicted and will go out and just buy another copy of the game to continue playing. (Then again I've been quite jaded by my real life exposure to the corporate world)

15+ Year Old Account

I'm for an extreme crack down on AFKers. give them more stricter punishments for AFKing in a BG, possibly a nice little buff on your guys that says "AFK" like the deserter thing except it lasts 24 hours and doesn't allow you into any PvP situation.

The only issue with something like this would be even I have been falsely marked afk.. which forces you to rush to the nearest enemy and hit them so you don't lose honor which can kill strategy.. (i was trying to run around the horde in AV by running up the mountain and around the SH bunker area.)

I agree that the system needs work, but I think that it should instead by an escalating system... The first time you AFK out of a battleground or are tagged a sufficient number of times, you get a 15-minute ban from Battlegrounds. If it happens again that week, a 2-hour ban. Again, a 24-hour ban. Each week it rerolls. It'd take care of the problem entirely, and it's not all that harsh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    I understand your frustration, I have hard a hard time dealing with these people for months. Luckily when I reported several of them to the GM he/she informed me that blizzard is implementing a system that tracks how many afk marks a person gets. After a person gets so many afk marks there account gets flagged for investagation by a GM where the GM will look at an extended list of there overall battleground performance. If it looks like the person has ben botting or leaching they will implement increaseing punishments starting at honor striping ranging all the way to BG bans and striping of gear earned in BG's.

;D Justice!

Players reported AFK should be flagged as a member of the opposing faction for an hour, made unable to rez at a GY and teleported to their racial leader.

IMO.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Well imo all they need to do is add a system like counterstrike has where if a player is being stupid (I.e. a warlock taking off all his gear and hellfiring himself to death over and over) or is afk for a decent period of time then the other players should be able to initiate a votekick where all a player would have to do is hit a button when the vote is initiated against a certain player and if over 50% of the players on the team agree then BAM out of the BG he goes and in comes another player. Also to go with blizzards system, if a player gets kicked out by a votekick it'll add more to his count of afk's.

What do you guys think?

Don't worry. In WotLK, all meaningful PvP pieces require arena points as well as honor points. This will reduce AFK farming to a great extent as BOTing arenas is damn near impossible (unless you want to lose 10 games a week, every week).

Bottom line is, people will always find a way around ANY rule/law. It's not limited to WoW. So regardless of what Blizz does, there will always be violators. The question, I guess, would be how to minimize that.

PS. Yes, Wintergrasp currently awards arena points to make testing easier. In live, you won't get arena points there.

they should just block the API-function reading out if this specific debuff is applied and instead of an icon figure out another way to show it to players. but something botsafe (like not always the same spot or/and without tooltip) and so on.
    there are ways if you're willing to go them
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Airmick

Sorry, I know my english are bad. It not my base language.
    Don't feel bad, I didn't start out with reading as a base skill. Keep up the grind, and you'll have it mastered in no time.

just report the botter to a gm.

they're usually pretty proactive about that.

I agree that there shouldn't be a harsh penalty for being flagged afk once in a while (RL happens you know). But there should be some way to track down repeat offenders and take honor away from them. That's the only reason people afk/bot battlegrounds

I agree, the AFK'rs are jacking the BG's. When it's a close game, and you've got 2-3 players doing the AFK thing, you're competing short handed because either the person is lazy, doesn't want to develop the skill to be a better player, or is just a cretin.

I'll play a Rogue, and whenever possible I sweep through the enemy starting area to cleanup any afk'rs I can find. I encourage everyone to do the same.

I have noticed one chink in the system, their seem to be a-holes who think it's funny to try and get you to AFK yourself out of the BG by trying to spam you with AFK's. I imagine some of these are Pre-mades filled with idiots, but as a Rogue, I'm not likey to go charging of looking for a Horde to smack to get rid of the debuff.

The simplest method I can think of is nerf'ing their points. To many AFK's and you start taking 10% hits to honor earned. Let it stack to 100% and have a 72 hour cooldown. 2 or more of those and u get banned from BG for a week. Simple.

I know I'm sick of sharing my hard earned honor with these twits, and I believe that's where a portion of this "Welfare Gear" crap comes from. I work HARDER in BG's then I work in any RAID I've ever been in. How exactly does that demean the gear?

I hate AFK player in BG, but sometimes happen to all, when phone cell ring, or a wc run call...
    The problem is simple to resolve: Starting from actual debuff (with a 5 min start time), simple Blizz must double the effect every time, remember the last buff, and cancel the debuff over 1 week.

If a player got a Debuff for 4 time, don't take hp for 5+10+20+40 min. 1h 15 min is enaugh for starting player to stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Troisoeil
    I'll play a Rogue, and whenever possible I sweep through the enemy starting area to cleanup any afk'rs I can find. I encourage everyone to do the same.
    Don't, then the afkers sit at the graveyards and are harder for other people to spot.

Hit them where it hurts. Take honor away from repeat offenders.

Most ppl dont leech to gain honor but marks..

so..

winning team gets 5 marks
    and
    loseing team gets 0 marks

what u think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle2000
    Most ppl dont leech to gain honor but marks..

so..

winning team gets 5 marks
    and
    loseing team gets 0 marks

what u think ?
    No. No.God no, not even a little bit.

Im in particularly terrible battlegroup when it comes to WSG, and what I dread most of all with each new season is spending 45 minutes getting steamrolled in WSG by horde and GY camped until they get bored and end it, 20 times, for 20 marks to go buy my bracers.

If losing team gets zero marks, I'd probably quit wow. Im a carebear who needs his welfare epics. And according to blizzard, I pay the same $15 a month as you, and they want me to keep paying.

Hatredcopter

The likelihood of blizzard implementing a complex and resource-consuming system for limiting AFK'ers in battlegrounds is very low. Wrath of the Lich King is their last and final installation for the game, and the product life-cycle is nearly over. They are definitely not going to invest more funds into an asset whose prime revenue producing period is mostly in the past, or very nearly so.
    Blizzard will simply continue to maintain a status quo. This AFK problem is not new. They had a chance to fix it multiple times in the past, and have taken half-step measures in this regard. I think it is unlikely that it will change now. The majority of people who have played WoW for the last 5 years will probably continue to do the same, and pay their monthly fees until which point they decide to move onto another game. Wrath of the Lich king is already sold in terms of retail vendor contracts. The sales predictions and forecasts have already made blizzard the money which their business depends on. Their incentive to hire more people to spend more hours in policing the game quality is very very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatredcopter
    The likelihood of blizzard implementing a complex and resource-consuming system for limiting AFK'ers in battlegrounds is very low. Wrath of the Lich King is their last and final installation for the game, and the product life-cycle is nearly over. They are definitely not going to invest more funds into an asset whose prime revenue producing period is mostly in the past, or very nearly so.
    Blizzard will simply continue to maintain a status quo. This AFK problem is not new. They had a chance to fix it multiple times in the past, and have taken half-step measures in this regard. I think it is unlikely that it will change now. The majority of people who have played WoW for the last 5 years will probably continue to do the same, and pay their monthly fees until which point they decide to move onto another game. Wrath of the Lich king is already sold in terms of retail vendor contracts. The sales predictions and forecasts have already made blizzard the money which their business depends on. Their incentive to hire more people to spend more hours in policing the game quality is very very low.
    When you report someone AFK they get flagged. Something on the server has to tick in to have this work. What's so difficult about counting those ticks and dividing them over a set period of time to determine who AFKs a lot and who AFKs once or twice accidentally. I'm not a CS major but I'm pretty sure I could pull that off.