Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

qq about ret: justified or not?

about 1/2 the posts i see these days are about how ret pallys r killing everything and will steal all the raid dps spots

anyone think this whining is just whining, or is actually justified? and if the spec is op, what do u think r some ways to keep the spec decent

i myself think ret pallys r op, but, tbh, ive only seen thru the eyes of qq (which are pretty unreliable because theyre all watery ;D ...sry not that funny)

but i want the cries of agony to stop, so heres my suggestion:

crusader strike - split into 2 hits so it can lessen the burst
    divine storm - can only be used on people above 35% but can be used any time if avenging wrath is up

both can have a lower mana cost as well to compensate

please forgive my lack of punctuation, i ripped out my caps lock button :P

Re: qq about ret: justified or not?

Please don't post suggestions if you have no idea what you're talking about ><

That may have been the dumbest post iv ever read.

It's dumber than my post, and I ask for DK's to be op.

Khody

This has to be pretty high up on the list of dumb posts I've seen in my day.

I don't even want to pick it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee672
    bwuh? Caps lock f'd your punctuation? I was almost able to follow your post until this point and then my brain went off into lala land and all I could hear was "DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!". Seriously man, WTF?! Bad punctuation, I know I will blame it on my caps lock key, you know one of the few keys that has absolutely ZERO affect on punctuation.

DAMMIT.. now I have to go read a physics book to repair the damage you have done to my IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugrateful
    This is how i see it. Over the course 4 years of World of Warcraft any time a Ret paladin would succeed in Pvp Blizzard would step in change things so others couldn't follow down that road that a person would do well with ret with builds/gear, pretty much name it , it got changed and not for the better.

If you really look at the history of the Ret Paladins, Blizzard made it seem if you went that spec that was a bad thing to do and you should be treated bad for even playing the spec of the class. Look at all the Cm remarks of the last 4 years on the Wow boards when reasonable paladins posted about ideas or suggestions that would help the spec. Up till about now they just laughed it off or really not do anything or very little at all. In most cases they say "We feel Ret Paladins are fine at this time" and really if you ever did play the spec you knew this to be less then truthful.

Over the years of this treatment other players that play other classes adopted this attitude like a child would do from their parents and would assume it to be reasonable behavior.

Now It might seem that Blizzard is changing their toon fixing every mistake they have made with the spec over the last 4 years to a degree, however the player base that doesn't play a Ret Paladin chooses to not change their tone towards the spec of the class.

Ret should remain broken or underpowered is really what I'm hearing from most but, really imho i don't think they want to adapt to change where it might be a bit harder to kill a Ret paladin where it wasn't before.

We were almost a free kill for most classes and most classes want to keep us this way. Imho i think most of the hate is coming from Hunters, Warriors and Druids. Most Rogues that i talk too don't really mind the competition all that much as long as their builds stay intact.

Anyways that's just my 2 cents and feelings i have on this subject.
    This.

crusader strike - split into 2 hits so it can lessen the burst
    divine storm - can only be used on people above 35% but can be used any time if avenging wrath is up

i wish to know where he got these ideas LOL

Quote Originally Posted by peewee672
    i could read your terrible ideas and not rage, but when i got to this, god damnit. punctuation has fucking nothing to do with capitalization. and who the hell uses their caps lock "button" anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Moruk
    this this & this :
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Hunters, Warriors and Druids are the people most complaining because unless they kite really well we rock hunters. Warriors we just smash in a 1v1 situation because our heals outweigh the utility they bring which while extremely useful in group play dont give them enough burst solo. And as for druids, Lol Judgement of justice on their asses is one of the few things that can keep them from running full time, only classes that have a chance to catch them are very good warriors that know when to intercept and piercing howl, and rogues who stunlock and shiv them.

I can kinda understand the QQ at lvl 70, we went from a mediocre dps and horrible heals class to great dps and decent offheals class in one patch, our dps shoots up by like 300-400 even with the worst gear(and we still scale as well as warriors do). But like we are seeing at 80, everyone has 20k health pools and our burst just hasn't gone up so much because until we get season 3 equivalent gear at 80 melee is very meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Varius
    Hunters, Warriors and Druids are the people most complaining because unless they kite really well we rock hunters. Warriors we just smash in a 1v1 situation because our heals outweigh the utility they bring which while extremely useful in group play dont give them enough burst solo. And as for druids, Lol Judgement of justice on their asses is one of the few things that can keep them from running full time, only classes that have a chance to catch them are very good warriors that know when to intercept and piercing howl, and rogues who stunlock and shiv them.

I can kinda understand the QQ at lvl 70, we went from a mediocre dps and horrible heals class to great dps and decent offheals class in one patch, our dps shoots up by like 300-400 even with the worst gear(and we still scale as well as warriors do). But like we are seeing at 80, everyone has 20k health pools and our burst just hasn't gone up so much because until we get season 3 equivalent gear at 80 melee is very meh.
    I agree here.

I was fairly surprised at how much hp has increased, but how little melee damage has increase from 70 to 80.

The burst damage is coming from out multi-attacks, but they to are overshadowed by Hp numbers and other classes new found abilities to counter and exploit our weaknesses.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread! This thread!

Edit: 14-day ban. Grimlor

Quote Originally Posted by Moruk
    Amen

My eyes get watery when I look at Retpalas too, but it's more because of pride than sadness.
    Blizzard's slightly challenged stepchild finally grew up into something useful.

Oh, and no.. I don't play Retribution, but Protection.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

15+ Year Old Account

The problem of the QQ is simple, and has been stated many times.

-Ret IS OP at 70 where every man and his granny can try it out on PTR.
    -Ret is NOT OP at 80, because we don't scale at the same speed as the other DPS between 71-80. This is what we constantly hear from the actual beta testers, not the above grannies.

So the REAL question is: Why do people give a fart about PvP at 70, when you will stay there for less than a day when the expansion hits?
    Stop trying to shape Retribution at 80 by balancing for 70, thus breaking the spec. Again. Again.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

Absolutely NO
    Ret is fixed , get used to it. This is what we should have been in TBC.

@Op - As my best buddy Aran would have said: Back to the cold dark with you!!

15+ Year Old Account

Which it already isn't. All classes have different levels where they are more OP than others, that's the way it works when you get different skills at different levels.
    It is pointless when balancing at 70 damages 80, which it is currently doing the way they're going about it.
    My name is Necrox, and I'm an altoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrox
    -Ret IS OP at 70 where every man and his granny can try it out on PTR.
    -Ret is NOT OP at 80, because we don't scale at the same speed as the other DPS between 71-80. This is what we constantly hear from the actual beta testers, not the above grannies.
    Aight that's basically it. Ret is NOT doing overpowered dps at 70 or 80. The major part that is OP is two things. One - heal pushback buffed, combined with sheath of light and art of war. This makes ret survivability crazy good. Two - with how hard we hit, almost any class will be at or below 35% health with 2 auto attacks, SoC proc, judge, CS, DS (basically one rotation of all spells). Hammer of GG that is an instant ranged execute with 75%+ crit, ignores armor, and usable below 35% is just OP. warrior execute is not even close to as good. imo, hammer should be 20% like execute, not have 50% extra crit from talents, and *maybe* nerf the coefficient slightly.

Another thing that makes ret not really scale towards 80 is that pallies get shield of righteousness, divine plea, and sacred shield - none of which affect ret dps. Other classes DO get another ability to help them between 70 and 80.