Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: OMG ret paladin are SO OP

Quote Originally Posted by Revan the Foreigner
    I'm pretty sure druids were OP the hole of tbc but then it kinda got balanced out as the seasons went cos ppl knew what a druid could do so why cant it be ret paladin this expension.

And please dont tell me because you know every spell of a ret paladin means that you know how to fight them please!
    Druids havent been balanced at all...resto druids are still the best healer in arena and its not really close at all. On my BG, there are over 100 druids who will get gladiator. If you combine the pallies, shammys, and priests that will get glad it only adds up to 105...and that isnt only healers thats the entirety of those classes

Quote Originally Posted by psychosis - Earthern Ring
    im sorry this just made me laugh

for a long time many people have been asking blizzard to give retri paladins some love, and as soon as they do its OMG THERE OVERPOWERED NERF NERF NERF !!! im sick of this. How often when u've been in an instance(compared to every other class, exception of shammies who've also recently been buffed) have you been with a retri paladin. The answer is a heck of a lot less than with a mage/warlock/rogue , etc, etc.
    so what if blizzard made paladins stronger than some other class' , you could moan about druids non stop in arenas(which people do) and blizzard never makes enough of a difference to them yet as soon as someone screams rets overpowered it starts to get nerfed. Blizzard has a hell of a lotta work to do with these class' i agree with that and maybe some class need to be toned out a little more this doesnt mean there OP and this doesn't meen that they should be sent back to the "hahaha im not taking a retardin into a heroic with me are you kidding" attitude were here to stay accept the fact

Paladin`s just lost their all sense of balance when they got buffed, they became drunken from power. There is difference in getting buffed and becoming a man made god who can oneshot chuck norris.
    My advice to you paladins is that don`t get too attached to the current retri cause it`s just stupid atm and somewhere deep down you know it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    Paladin`s just lost their all sense of balance when they got buffed, they became drunken from power. There is difference in getting buffed and becoming a man made god who can oneshot chuck norris.
    My advice to you paladins is that don`t get too attached to the current retri cause it`s just stupid atm and somewhere deep down you know it as well.
    I play a pally, I know the burst just isnt fair. My biggest concern is PvE though. Maybe I dont have any recent WWS (last i saw was september) but pallies arent winning damage they are towards the back of the dps rankings in most of these. So I am worried that in trying to fix pvp they will nerf pallies burst and end up balancing ret PvP while again making ret pallies suck in PvE

I'm pretty sure druids were OP the hole of tbc but then it kinda got balanced out as the seasons went cos ppl knew what a druid could do so why cant it be ret paladin this expension.

And please dont tell me because you know every spell of a ret paladin means that you know how to fight them please!
    So could you enlighten me? For many classes you winning strategies require a priest or so... And ppl knew long time ago what to do with druids and still they just dominate so it propably only was the issue ppl not knowing what to do with em... right?

Oh the irony. I bet few months back all these paladin`s were crying how op druids were, Now when paladins claim the throne their argument is you don`t know how to beat a paladin! Right... Newsflash for all paladin`s it`s not that we don`t know how to beat you but one mistake and all you see is white light while the supernova burns your skin for 15k dmg.

Druids at least kind a admitted it...
    Kind a admitted?...well i think i see alot of "kind of" here to..."some tunes have to be done" and soo on, and like some have said before me...Druids owned 3seasons as healers in 2vs2....how many pallys u see up on the lists of arenas?

This is not the way it should be...every single class should be able to be up there if they played well and by a skilled player..not limited to class or spec.

And lol 15k dmg...thats nerfed already.

I can't see how 'learn2kite' is laughable.

The story until now has been that most classes did not need to kite a Ret pally. Most of the times I got close to a priest or a warlock in arenas they would not even bother running away from me -they would just manaburn/fear and not even move an inch. What the hell for? A mere priest's bubble eats most of your burst.

Same for a druid -how many of us have not seen 3 melee hitting on a druid in bear form in a BG with him never going under 80% while self healing?

As I said, there is no question Ret will be nerfed; but if you think it will be nerfed to a point where when you see a paladin coming your way you should not start running in the opposite direction, you are in for a treat in WotLK...

While I played arenas I did it as holy most of the time. It is funny that all those people who said 'paladins are fine' and 'learn2LOS' and all that huge pile of crap now say 'don't come with that learn2kite bullshit to me'.

The bullshit was having classes in cloth stationary while a guy in plate tried to hammer them dead with no other result than running oom.

Learn 2 Move-your-fat-arses (with nerf or without it)

Judgements are nerffed but total burst is still more or less 15k

No way on PTR or Beta is ANYWHERE near 15k Damage burst.

Really, I'm just going to get one of my friends to stand there on the PTR and Beta and beat on them for an hour, fraps it and put it up here to shut you idiots up.

Self-Buffed, Opponent Not moving, (perfect Scenario)...0/8/53 spec for PTR and 0/18/53 for Beta.

Like above said..that kind of burst aint just there anymore...go check youtube for before and after "balancing" pallys in wotlk...

And hmm...how much does warriors "burst" in wotlk btw? :

Well i just checked the reasent videos on youtube and there was paladin dropping down a druid during the stun so...

HAHAHA I was scared of palies too.But hey now with prot build with pvp gear i own them.Well not all of them but most in 1vs1 .But damn i cant handle yet the mages.

Im guessing ur a rogue or warrior
    nop a mage/shaman:P

//Oldschool Raiding FTW!!\\

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    I find it funny that a warlock complains most about a ret pally...I may just be dumb but it would seem you have the easiest job beating a ret pally. Fear + CoE + pet eating buffs + dots = dead pally.

And pallys lose a bunch of damage while bubbled. It slows attack speed by 50% so now they are only hitting you ever 7 seconds (assuming a 3.5 speed weapon). So white dps is cut in half, so even if they wings while bubbling they are still are probably equal to normal damage maybe a lil higher.
    paladins dont usen white damge anymore they have a rotation on there abliletys now so when the have done the last abilety then the first one is ready to kick asssss agian...

//Oldschool Raiding FTW!!\\

It might be too much to have wings on and be bubbled. But hey, don't get mad at us, Take it up with blizzard.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurion
    Fortunately Blizzard has all your QQ arguments deep in their *** and will balance most likely long after WotLK is live instead of making nerfs based on QQ of noskills that stand in place, cast frostbolt and expect to survive.

Seriously guys, ret may be OP, but you are the last people that I'll believe about it.
    exactly... horrible players are what make the classes soo imbalanced, I know 2 ppl that got the beta keys... both of them are the worst pvper's I've ever played with. Yet they cry soo much on Beta about this class and that class being soo OP etc. People like this are the reason why class balance is soo screwy. IMO they should screen players before admitted to the beta, and only top players should be let in at the start. This would prevent a bunch of no skill having retards getting in there crying that their class needs buffed b/c they got beat by "gladiator" level players.

Although I do admit ret paladin are slightly OP... but not because of the damage, b/c they can outheal most anyones damage plus bubble+wings to kill you if needed. If anything Bubble needs to reduce your damage by 50% but increase your healing or something. I mean Look at hunters.. we get mana back but sacrifice 50% damage... Why do paladin get to be invincible but not sacrifice anything??

Well i just checked the reasent videos on youtube and there was paladin dropping down a druid during the stun so...
    Oh yeah.. well I watched a druid in treeform stand there and let a paladin give him all he had.... for about 30 min.

Druid was at 90% mana, and the paladin gave up. a TG warrior in Full S4 tried as well and same thing. Oh and that paladin was Full S4 with weap- S3 shoulders.

Druid was also mostly S3/S4

Ok this thread is full of QQ. TBH blizzard is still tuning the damage. You cry about retri paladins but mages do way more damage and what do you think of the rogues (pve)? I have to agree wings + bubble is a bit OP they should nerf the bubble a bit. And dont say "NO CLASS CAN BEAT RETRI PALA" because thats not true. I dueled alot on ptr and i lose as much against a warlock/mage/hunter as i win. I even got owned by melee sometimes. (READ owned they didnt win the duel with MUCH trouble). And for all the warlocks who are crying stop crying we arent the free hk anymore we were. Our damage may be a bit high but its not OP.

15+ Year Old Account

I hope everyone knows its a test realm FOR TESTING.

its not 100% working, its not even completed. How many PTR patches have been our, 4-5 since it came out?

-boomkins are raping
    -warlocks are still raping and my observation shows a big increase in unstable affliction dmg
    -mages may have mana problems but their topping kills and dmg in WSG's and easily beating ret pallies
    -warriors titan grip and blade stome in full gladiator gear w/ arena weapon(s) are doing fine
    -enhanced shamans new pet summon/cast and their spell dmg is OP and suprized no one has noticed it lol
    -etc

every class got a boost in base stats and new talent moves. So right now every class has a spec that its doing extremely well and in most cases, too well.

it will get fixed and if not, it will tone itself down at lvl 80. It was the same way at lvl 60 when druids could be any spec and go bear form and instantly win. It was the same also at lvl 60 when afflicion locks in T2/3 or tank 13 gear could place 5 dots on a target and run away to the next target and place 5 dots on it before the first one feel over dead. warlocks pwn'd around patch 1.11-1.12 and nothing was ever said.

shamans and paladins got new moves and spell dmg added to their melee dps trees. I see both doing very well evenly and are fine except with an issue of all classes attacking in the BGs. It feels as if resilience isnt working right and every class can do 3k+ crits and kill anyone in 5 hits(infact i see it every time I play PTR).

The difference with the paladin class is their seal of command. When it procs it causes a burst dmg effect and their 2 attacks are....duh! burst dmg. So if they attack and cause a burst dmg crit and SoC procs it will cause insane dmg (and in most cases a double-dmg effect like sword spec arms warriors). Thats why you see their dmg bursting insanely. Their dmg is the same as it was pre-patch 2.3 but their dps has increased.

pre-2.3 my pally could do 4k crusader strikes. Now on live he can do 3k if he's lucky in S3. On PTR i see 3800-4200 crusader strikes if(and only if) SoC procs so I am happy and fine with paladins.

The whirlwind attack can do a double hit and can proc as well causing 4K-5K dmg to one target where Blade storm can crit 6 times out of 6 total hits for 2k+ a swing.

so whats more OP? a 4k-5k single hit only if the seal procs or a amrs warrior criting as he does BS for 6k-8k+???

EDIT:
    -I know the BS cd, I have a warrior on ptr :P
    -paladins can easily be beaten on PTR as live, nothing changed except spell dmg returned and a new attack (with talent tree buffs)
    -PTR is QQ world and I feel everyone has forgotin' how to beat a ret paladin 1on1. Its still the same game, just kite and CC us, duh lol. And why am I seeing no priests dispelling and mana draining me??? ...newbs lmao

MasterPD, your obviously ignorant.
    A) Shamans having "op" pets doesnt really matter, considering their class spec is absolutely awful in comparison to every other class spec in the game.

B) Titans Grip is NOT doing fine. Its been all over the forums for WEEKS that you actually do LOWER damage with two two handed weapons then with one handers. Whether or not this will scale with armor is yet to be seen, but you cannot say that Titans Grip is OK.

C) Paladins are NOT op at all. You should have gone about saying this in a better way. The only problem with their move is that it starts out very good. What people don't recognize is that it will not scale to be OP. Once everyone is level 80, and in decent gear, ret pallies will be sent once again to the back of the raid lines.

Actually Doloran you're a bit behind the times, people who actually, i dunno, tested titans grip found they were getting a couple hundred more dps out of it rather than it lowering dps as the "lookitmahmath" people were claiming it would.