Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: New TCG Loot, Blizzcon livestream, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha
    Is it just me or is the new TCG-loot mount a bit lackluster? Esp with the introduction of the bear mounts in WLK.
    It is pretty lame. Doesnt even look like the card art.

Wingclip - It's still a 50% snare, right? The duration is shorter than Hamstring, but is duration really what's killing you? It's possible it's too expensive. We can look at that.
    It's only expensive because they spam it 20 times in a row till it procs improved, working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzues
    It is pretty lame. Doesnt even look like the card art.
    nothing ever looks like the card art :s
    It's just a game.

So was the de-icing flying quest line just horrificly bugged/broken, so they're taking it out? Or, did they just decide to take it out so folks could get it easily? The first one is lame but the possibility that it could be the second is just dumbfounding.

I wish they would scale the existing cost of obtaining an Epic Flier down with the release of WotLK. For people who have not obtained it at the release of WotLK it is going to be an ever harder decision for them by the time they hit level 77 - "Do I save up more money and buy Epic Flying and postpone Cold Weather Flying or do I buy C.W.F. now and go back to square one saving up for Epic Flying?".

I personally feel there are enough time / gold sinks in WoW already. Epic Flying was really cool and only a small population was able to afford it early on in TBC which was their goal IMO. But at this time I think having an Epic Flier is something that should be as common as an Epic Land Mount was after TBC came out.

This argument reminds me of the big outcry that occurred when Blizz removed most of the 'Key' requirements of high level dungeons in TBC. Basically the people who worked for them (me included) were not too happy that all their work was in vein and was no longer a status symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde
    BlizzCon Tournaments Live Stream Information

So lame that they charge pay per view for the Tournament Coverage. Instead of helping as many people as possible enjoy the blizzcon, especially with the limited amount and the drama with the Tickets, they rather try to squeeze more money out of us. As if WoW wasnt already profitable enough. So greedy and lame.
    I loled!
    Cheap ass blizzard, allways looking for a cheap ass way to make money..
    Make, feed, kill, repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    So was the de-icing flying quest line just horrificly bugged/broken, so they're taking it out? Or, did they just decide to take it out so folks could get it easily? The first one is lame but the possibility that it could be the second is just dumbfounding.
    I'm suspecting it's a number of things, partly down to the way in which some of the later zones have been designed around the use of flying mounts. Because of this, they can't have the risk of a quest breaking. People would have needed to be able to get the quest easily for this exact same reason.

As for they cost, they need some gold sinks to use up the thousands of gold everyone will get while leveling. They would have included this even if it were done as a quest. (this may be another reason why they're doing it straight from a vendor; 1000g is a little much to spend on a quest)

15+ Year Old Account

OWNED!

They gotta redo the flag graphics, a thumbs down is boring. Should be a funny face or something.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

I personally think that 1k gold should not be a problem, considering how much time we've had to do dailies from lvl 70-present day. Also, someone already said the quest chain would cost 800g regarless, so why not pay 200g more to get it instantly? From a pvp standpoint, its much better than having to do a quest that everyone on the server is doing especially when you're outnumbered and would probably be killed constantly.

From reading what the guy said who had the 4 lvl 70s, he could have been doing dailies each day he was lvling the alt.

As far as how long it takes to do the dailies, I'm sure it varies from server to server whether its a high pop or low pop and whether it is a pve or pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde
    BlizzCon Tournaments Live Stream Information

So lame that they charge pay per view for the Tournament Coverage. Instead of helping as many people as possible enjoy the blizzcon, especially with the limited amount and the drama with the Tickets, they rather try to squeeze more money out of us. As if WoW wasnt already profitable enough. So greedy and lame.
    just my thought's exactly...  :P

Btw someone said on another forum that ppv watchers get a bear mount from purchasing the direct tv coverage, that is just more lame, cant they just open a ebay store if they want to have ppl buying stuff !!
    WTF happened to Hi-C ?

1k gold....big deal!!!! That's 2 days of dailys, 1 if i do 25 on my main and 10 on an alt (maybe 3 hours of my time, time where i would be sitting in Shatt waiting for rsaid invites to go out or out herbalizing). Perhaps if he spent a little less time leveling alts and a little more time knocking out dailys, the gold wouldnt be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hosehead
    I have 1x 70 and I have epic flight, and over 12k gold waiting for the xpack. If you have 4, then you should (in theory) have 48k gold. People on my server have to roll extra toons just because they've capped out the in-game gold.. it's called THE ECONOMY.. profit from it.

I for one don't mind paying a mere 1k gold for the ability to fly - have you I'd rather it just be a quest if it's still level capped @ 77.. but I trust Blizzard in their decisions, I mean they have done a great job so far.

And yeah, I know, one toon at seventy? what a loser! I'm working on another =) I just found it hard to justify not gearing up my one main as best as I could.. and now that raiding is dead (where I come from) I have a few weeks to get a toon rollin'. Wish all my friends weren't already playing wow so we could level up 3x as fast.. weaksauce.
    yeah pretty weak I'd say also... I have every class 70 already and 2 are geared atleast T6 and I am considered a casual player (3 hours a day average)... now iam just working on professions casually and messin around with beta alittle

Funny story about SSO dailies, you cant get cash from them once the expac is out, better hurry and farm or else his QQ will be justified about not having the money.

Quote Originally Posted by emulous
    Total bloody joke! 1k gold for "cold weather flying" they promised us they wouldnt make a ruddy moneysink just so we can use the mounts we already folked out 5k gold on. I mean seriously for a new or alt your looking at..

75 - costs 35g + mount 10g
    150 - costs 600g + mount 100g
    225 - costs 800g + mount 100g
    300 - costs 5000g + mount 200g
    this - costs 1000g

total: 7845g

I already have 4 level 70s soon to be 6 (doing RAF) and I've only been able to get a flying mount for one them so far! this just makes it even harder :@(
    Actually, in Beta you don't need to buy 300 riding skill to buy cold weather flying.

I don't know wtf this quest was supposed to be, because on the 80 premade server, it's been 1000g from the vendor right from the beginning.

Just to clarify:
    You do NOT need an epic flier to buy cold weather flying. It requires ONLY 225 riding skill, and costs 1000g. You can fly on a slow mount in Northrend if you're level 77 and buy the cold weather thing.

If you don't make 1000g each on every single one of those chars leveling it to 77, you fail.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

love the bubble hearth inflatable thats amazing

taiwan will dominate >_> i predict it!

edit: woops ;P

HS* Boub's check your PM plz *HS