Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Dont nerf me bro ! (Blizzcon quote inside)

I see your point. But a Warrior brings something to the table when he joins an arena team. If you were to severely reduce ret burst damage, than what would we bring that any other dps couldnt bring? Stuns and interupts are a Rogue domain, and they also do have a lot of survivability.

It's because of this that we are staying the way we are.

The stun duration is obviously OP, and will get nerfed either before or after the inevitable storm of complaints. Warlocks will probably be leading the charge.

Of course I laugh at stuns on my mage. Next week when rets are 3-shotting everyone, I'll take great pleasure in destroying them with my frostie .

Any Paladin who is in beta and has tested ret at 80 claiming ret is fine is simply a player not concerned with wider balance.

No if's, no but's.

You can see it in duels
    You can see it in arena
    You can see it in topping damage done/kills in BG's
    You can see it in every measurable way

No matter how hard you try you cant counter ingame experience. Ret Paladin's are overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarielle
    Any Paladin who is in beta and has tested ret at 80 claiming ret is fine is simply a player not concerned with wider balance.

No if's, no but's.

You can see it in duels
    You can see it in arena
    You can see it in topping damage done/kills in BG's
    You can see it in every measurable way

No matter how hard you try you cant counter ingame experience. Ret Paladin's are overpowered.
    I though you never noticed the pinned thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=20198.0
    So please stop it now...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jedi
    I though you never noticed the pinned thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=20198.0
    So please stop it now...
    You dont seem to understand the difference between a thread and a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    I see your point. But a Warrior brings something to the table when he joins an arena team. If you were to severely reduce ret burst damage, than what would we bring that any other dps couldnt bring? Stuns and interupts are a Rogue domain, and they also do have a lot of survivability.

It's because of this that we are staying the way we are.
    What retri brings in 2`s lets say with rogue it`s double dps combo with some defensive potential like bop/heals. Extremely good synergy in terms off CC and dmg. Defensive dispell, and bubble which is very very very powerful tool in 2`s. And for last but not least judgement of light, which for a class like rogue is very powerful adition specially in double dps setups.

Would anyone consider warriors or warlocks OP if they wouldn`t have their druid pets keeping em topped constantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    What retri brings in 2`s lets say with rogue it`s double dps combo with some defensive potential like bop/heals. Extremely good synergy in terms off CC and dmg. Defensive dispell, and bubble which is very very very powerful tool in 2`s. And for last but not least judgement of light, which for a class like rogue is very powerful adition specially in double dps setups.
    Judgement of Light has a 4 second internal cooldown now. Rogues gain no additional benefit now. The only thing a Rogue doesn't bring that a Paladin does is bubbles, dispell and heals. These are all very useful, but every Paladin spec has these. What does Ret bring? It brings the hurt. Take away the hurt and we bring...

You bring the hurt which is the point of double dps. Consider restokins, pretty weaksauce in dps alone but the fact you can play with them like it would be double dps is just huge advantage. Consider it this way, what does holy bring that retri doesn`t bring? 20% more effective holy light? If specced deep enought holy won`t bring repeatance either which i personally consider maybe most op thing for retris for arenas paired with their effectively large heals. With rogue retri you could effectively lock down a enemy for over a 30 seconds with ease even after the stun duration reduces, ofc there is still the trinket but still 20+ depending what cc your enemy decides to trinket.

Yet people think the Ret damage should be reduced? According to your own statement, that would make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    You also seem to forget what other classes can do. As a rogue i would love to stab you back with a 2-hander but obiviously i MUST use 1-handers. You can also sprint but improved sprint is not hand of freedom. I can come up with 4 things retris can`t do atm. offensive dispell, mortal strike, spell interrupt and proper snare.
    I am really confused. My point was that all classes are capable of doing something better than others. And I used rogue and ret paladin as examples. Your post has just proved my point again...

I am not that good I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    I agree with that. However, giving the most defensive class as much damage as the most offensive class makes even less.

Edit: I'm out for tonight, have fun being stuck at 70 on the ptr.
    Just a reply to your general posts, I have PvPed lots and lots and lots on the beta as a Retridin and have defended my spec against whiners numerous times on the EU beta forums. Name is Daerina, feel free to look me up.

All in all, I think Retridins are fine, our defensive abilities aren't nearly as great as you make them out to be.

Swiftly on Divine Shield as I don't believe I've covered it in my beta forum posts, it's balanced with a 5min CD, 100% longer swing timer, 3min Forbearance and it can be dispelled through Mass Dispel, I think it's fine, and apparently the devs agree here.

One thing that I could imagine would be nerfed would be Righteous Vengeance, and that's perfectly fine, it's a rather dull talent which only gives us more burst. We'd trade that for more utility any day, damage matters very little, utility is what makes us what we are.

And another thing that's subject to the nerfbat I suspect to be the set bonus on our PvP set (-10 second HoJ CD), especially if Exorcism is indeed changed to become a damaging, ranged interrupt that can be used on all targets. Again, if that happens, I doubt we'd mind, as it'd mean more, more, more utility.

That's probably the most pessismistic and downturning post you'll hear about Retridins from a Retridin, for allow me to quote the Blizzard Class Dev team from today's BlizzCon, lead by Kalgan and Ghostcrawler, whom I would imagine have tested the beta far, far more than you and I;

Retribution - Working as intended.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaDora25
    I am really confused. My point was that all classes are capable of doing something better than others. And I used rogue and ret paladin as examples. Your post has just proved my point again...
    Yeah bit bad example but the thing is it`s really not the burst that seems to make paladins op in beta, it just pair with other hard hitting classes. BUT paladin holds it`s own too well as a retri now... Dmg matched to warriors / check - heals compared to restokins / check - CC matched to rogues / check - survivability of a holy paladin / check. Seriously ppl see nothing wrong here?

Anybody who has played arena on the PTR or BETA servers knows that ret pallys really ARE overpowered. They are unbeatable, especially if paired with another dps. There can be no argument. Just play a few arena matches and you'll see how insane they currently are. I hope Blizzard is actually playing arena and is aware of what's going on.

The issue is not so much their damage. I have no problem with making them do more damage, ret pallys need to do more damage and Blizzard is correct in buffing them significantely. What is so insane is their healing and mana regen. I play a holy pally and typically what happens in an arena match is that I spam heal my partner with big heals (the only way to keep somebody up against a mage or ret pally) until I run out of mana and the match is over. When I look at the dps/healing stats, the pally is of course top dps and that's fine, but he also does between 50% - 80% of my healing. Now keep in mind that I'm a holy pally and I spam healed the whole match and that by the end of the match I'm empty and the ret pally still has full mana. That means ret pallys are not only the best dps but ALSO the BEST HEALERS, because while they go all-out dps they heal themselves without even using healing spells.

Please, please fix this. I don't want arena to end up being as unbalanced as it was in the last 4 years. Finally holy pallys get some decent instant heals, just to be almost outhealed by ret pallys....

...I hate morons and QQers. You forget somethings and I will remind you.

...In Vanilla 1.0 ret pallies had no place in groups or raids. Ret paladins went down a road alone and scared. The only thing we could do is solo, painfully without mana, without the dmg... We endured.

...Then came tbc, we were promised change. The change came but wasn't enough, now pallies everywhere had a choice, holy, prot or lonely. As ret pallies we suffered again screaming LFG without ever getting any invites. Or getting invites just to be kicked when you can be replace with CCs, or for fear of your "Burst dmg/aggro". Some ret pallies again suffered, some suffered so much that rerolling was their only choice in the end, but others endured yet again.

...But PvE was not the only place we suffered. We suffered itemization, we suffered in pvp where people would walk across your face. We were so often roadkill :'(. We begged and begged Blizzard for a change, a chance to prove ourselves, one chance to have a choice. Our suffering even shows today in the names: Retardins, Retlols and such others. We were called the weakest, we were called the dumbest and we were unloved. We prayed to the Light, we prayed to the Narus we begged Blizzard. Now the times of change has finally arrived to give "retardins" a chance, and now... All you insolent embecilles, idiots that were pushing for nerfs, always nerfs you dare again to speak of nerfs... HOW... DARE... YOU >!!!

Better shut up before I go make some voodoo dolls. Nerf? NERF? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! Especially warlocks, ESPECIALLY YOU. You have been wow champions for the longest times. You QQ have made us suffer too long. ENOUGH is ENOUGH. We are back and we are not to be taken lightly... DEAL WITH IT!!! For all the suffering we have suffered I say MORE POWER... MORE!!!

You don't know what it is like to be a retpally. No groups, no raids, no one... EVER. We will not return to that state, never again...

VERTUE: The evil die by the hand of the pure... The QQs are evil...
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by jst1998
    ... by the end of the match I'm empty and the ret pally still has full mana. That means ret pallys are not only the best dps but ALSO the BEST HEALERS, because while they go all-out dps they heal themselves without even using healing spells.
    You may want to try the Shockadin spec. You still have Infusion of Light, but also have Repentance and Judgements of the Wise. But with ret gear, we are not better healers. Just because we have full mana at the end doen't mean we could have spammed heals the whole time.

And finally, Holy needs help in a lot of ways, trust me I feel for you there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=20643.0

Q&A Class panel at Blizzcon Regarding WOTLK

3:26PM
    Paladin: Completely overhauled the seal and judgment system, feeling pretty good about that. (Crowd applauds.)
    Protection: We want the protection Paladins to share gear with Warriors, not run around with Mage swords anymore. Shields more important.
    Holy: needs heals for movement and groups. They've always been good healers, but we've tried to strengthen these areas.
    Retribution: working as intended.
    Deal with this QQers

ps: Vertue you have my support =) . I know how do you felt

Quote Originally Posted by jst1998
    Anybody who has played arena on the PTR or BETA servers knows that ret pallys really ARE overpowered. They are unbeatable, especially if paired with another dps. There can be no argument. Just play a few arena matches and you'll see how insane they currently are. I hope Blizzard is actually playing arena and is aware of what's going on.

The issue is not so much their damage. I have no problem with making them do more damage, ret pallys need to do more damage and Blizzard is correct in buffing them significantely. What is so insane is their healing and mana regen. I play a holy pally and typically what happens in an arena match is that I spam heal my partner with big heals (the only way to keep somebody up against a mage or ret pally) until I run out of mana and the match is over. When I look at the dps/healing stats, the pally is of course top dps and that's fine, but he also does between 50% - 80% of my healing. Now keep in mind that I'm a holy pally and I spam healed the whole match and that by the end of the match I'm empty and the ret pally still has full mana. That means ret pallys are not only the best dps but ALSO the BEST HEALERS, because while they go all-out dps they heal themselves without even using healing spells.

Please, please fix this. I don't want arena to end up being as unbalanced as it was in the last 4 years. Finally holy pallys get some decent instant heals, just to be almost outhealed by ret pallys....
    This made me lol. I've tested both Holy and Retri intensively at 80 with and without premade gear, and I can assure you, a Holy Paladin heals for far, far more...
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

I don't think the current damage is way off, either.

The point has been made, but I'll reiterate.

People will have more health, which will make Ret less bursty. Secondly, all of our Paladin gear has Intellect on it, which will most likely become a wasted stat in WotLK. It means our mana pool will be smaller, allowing us 1-2 decent heals before we're OOM and have to go Judge something to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Ret is now competitive, get used to it.
    "Competitive" does not come close.

Green/Blue fresh 70 rets taking down s4 rogues within HoJ. There's no "competitive" in that.

80 Rets doind the same on Beta when some unfortunate rogue has Trinket on CD.

...."Thats right boyo....you just stand still there for 7 seconds while I unleash a stream of 2.5k crits in your face while eating pizza".....competitive it is not.