Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Worried about dual specs!

I am a bit worried about the upcoming dual specs, that Blizz posted will be coming in a content patch after wotlk goes live...

Im worried from a ret paladins point of view... In tbc I was often asked to bring healer gear to raids, which is ofc not a problem, I am happy to help if needed... However, it can be quite irritating being ret specced, because thats what you like to do, and then having healed for like 50% of the entire raid night...

Im worried that dual specs will, now more than ever, force us into having healer gear rdy too... I can just imagine raid leaders asking ret paladins to "respec" fast and start healing... Especially since it will be possible without having to actually leave the raid to go respec...

It's not that I dont want to have a healer dual spec rdy and some gear just in case... But I want to play as ret, not half ret, half holy... If I wanted to heal I would spec for it...

And plz dont give me some idiotic comment about how I should reroll class to avoid it... I want to play a pally and thats the way it is...

Thanks alot all ;D

I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Re: Worried about dual specs!

Regardless on how much hybrid DPS will be increased vs pure classes compared to TBC, their primary role will be seen as tank/healing.

Not that guilds won't have DPS specced hybrids - as they already do - but don't expect a significant increase on their numbers. Actually I think tanking spots will have greater changes than DPS ones.

For example, my guild had one Retri pala. I count on only having one retri pala in WotLK raids (if that).

So, yes, healing and tanking will keep on being the most sought agter roles. Want to DPS? Join the rogue/hunter/.. queue, but for only one/two spots, instead of 5/6.

The dual speccing didn't change anything really, except expediting the "respeccing" activity. Therefore a nice change.

And sometimes I'd like to dps instead of being asked to tank all the time, but oh well. Deal with it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Im happy to do whatever my guild needs me to do
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Most decent raiders have several offspecs ready to go anyway.

I enjoy playing paladins. Not ret... not holy... not prot, paladins.

Problem is everyone tank/healer wants to dps.

There is a small % of tankers/healers that actually like what they do. Out of everyone I know who can heal or tank all I hear about is Titansgrip, New Retdps, moonkin utility ect.

If everyone dps and not heals tanks no content would ever get done. This is a sad truth

15+ Year Old Account

Dual Spec is an awesome idea! BUT with good sides, it usually comes bad sides. Like your fighting a Frost mage, and ur like...winning? Then suddenly you get a Pom-arcanepower-pyro in ur face and it crits 5k and u die. Not very funny...

That wont happen tho, if blizzard would understand that switching specs while in combat is bad. In arena this wont happen as they have said it themselfs, but maybe they should just let us have 2 specs all the time, and switch when we want as long as we're out of combat?

Unless the dual-specs are preset, he's going to have a hard time speccing pom-pyro while in combat with you!

I approve of this change. No more kicking people out cause on fight requires 7 healers, the next 10 healers, and the next again 5 healers. Just swap some specs and gear, and keep kicking butt with the same people.
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

I like this dual spec. I have gear for all our specs and know how to play them all. As I see it, if you play a hybrid class you should be ready to take what ever spec is needed at the time.

You probably will not be able to respec while in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by christine1000
    I am a bit worried about the upcoming dual specs, that Blizz posted will be coming in a content patch after wotlk goes live...

Im worried from a ret paladins point of view... In tbc I was often asked to bring healer gear to raids, which is ofc not a problem, I am happy to help if needed... However, it can be quite irritating being ret specced, because thats what you like to do, and then having healed for like 50% of the entire raid night...

Im worried that dual specs will, now more than ever, force us into having healer gear rdy too... I can just imagine raid leaders asking ret paladins to "respec" fast and start healing... Especially since it will be possible without having to actually leave the raid to go respec...

It's not that I dont want to have a healer dual spec rdy and some gear just in case... But I want to play as ret, not half ret, half holy... If I wanted to heal I would spec for it...

And plz dont give me some idiotic comment about how I should reroll class to avoid it... I want to play a pally and thats the way it is...

Thanks alot all ;D
    If you are doing good job as ret i see no reason to force you go holy / prot, anyway retribution has fine qualities for raids and you are actually useful! (mana battery, and actually good dps :P)

And imo this dual spec is everything i wanted for a long time, so now i can do pvp and pve with my 3 chars without paying 100g on each of them just to do some arenas.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vegastommy
    Problem is everyone tank/healer wants to dps.

There is a small % of tankers/healers that actually like what they do. Out of everyone I know who can heal or tank all I hear about is Titansgrip, New Retdps, moonkin utility ect.

If everyone dps and not heals tanks no content would ever get done. This is a sad truth
    Wrong kiddo, some people enjoy tanking and healing. There are teamplayers, and then there are the lootwhoring tards like you who just want pewpew and dont give a fuck about the rest 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Wrong kiddo, some people enjoy tanking and healing. There are teamplayers, and then there are the lootwhoring tards like you who just want pewpew and dont give a fuck about the rest 24.
    As a tank, parrying that attack is way more important and thus cooler than your shadowbolt crit.

In the later TBC Content we often had to change the setup in a raid.
    Just think about MH - while with the first 4 bosses and the trash you need more than one tank - with Archi one tank is all you need.
    Instead you need more decursing classes or schamans for their earthshock.

At the early days (for us) we had to change members befor we do Archi
    With dual spec hybrids become what they should be - flexible.

Of course - after getting more experienced with Archi our Tank Pala simply uses Healing Gear instead of tank gear.
    But before - this was not good enough for our needs. We needed 25 members doing their best.

With DS (if the gear is present) a tank pala can turn into a real healer - not only int a support healer.
    I think this can help a lot, especially at new content where the situation changes in the instance and you need to do your best to have a chance to kill the next boss.

No more (or much less) need to change members just to do the next boss in the same instance.

Even from the side of the hybrid this change is not the worst thing.
    You will do (most of the time) the things you like to do.

And instead of beeing replaced with another member - you simply switch the role you play.
    Just for that one boss fight.
    And if it comes to loot - you can obtain items for your prefered skill.
    And you are not sitting in Shat crying, when you hear that XX droped on the boss - and got disenchanted because nobody needs it

This is a great change imo. Corrently on live i raid as protection, either MT or OT. Most encounters tho will only need one tank so i or my DK/Dudu/Warrior partner can go on dpsing, hell we can both do it in turns ;D No more boredom ;D
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

put it on a 1h cd and make it only usable in cities/inns
    still viable for "i don't want to pay everytime a do pvp"-people as well as the "one sec. just respeccing tank/heal/dps for that dungeon"-people
    but on the other hand doesn't make every so called "hybrid" (me myself I almost only play those^^) in a raid setup grossly overpowered.
    and on the other issue i read here somewhere: it also prevents PvE people from being forced into having two viable PvE speccs to be allowed into a raid
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    Regardless on how much hybrid DPS will be increased vs pure classes compared to TBC, their primary role will be seen as tank/healing.

Not that guilds won't have DPS specced hybrids - as they already do - but don't expect a significant increase on their numbers. Actually I think tanking spots will have greater changes than DPS ones.

For example, my guild had one Retri pala. I count on only having one retri pala in WotLK raids (if that).

So, yes, healing and tanking will keep on being the most sought agter roles. Want to DPS? Join the rogue/hunter/.. queue, but for only one/two spots, instead of 5/6.

The dual speccing didn't change anything really, except expediting the "respeccing" activity. Therefore a nice change.
    Bull, that double specing is for PvP PvE, and I will tell anyone to go fcuk their mothers before i start healing.

Just join a guild that lets you play whatever spec you enjoy. Join a guild with asshole raid leaders and yes they'll force you to respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I enjoy playing paladins. Not ret... not holy... not prot, paladins.
    If only every Paladin had the same sentiment as you mate.

I personally think the dual spec is a great idea and once I have tested out all specs I will probably be using it to have both a healer and tanking spec ready to go at anytime, as I roll'd a DPS class a long time ago for when I wanted pew pew time.

It should make raiding faster, more easy and most importantly more enjoyable, as well as giving players the oppurtunity to experience much more of the game. My only concern will be an increase in noobs who say things such as, "NEAD 4 TANKIN SET!!1!" but I guess I just won't run anything with selfish twats and stick with my mates like I usually do.