pally needs some advice please

I have played a pally on and off to 70 mostly as a protection spec.
    I was all head over heals excited about the new pally. Man I am going ret, just look at this new stuff.
    Finally I can be good.

Well for over a month I played Av and Ab just trying to get some good gear. Yep I have almost 60K honor
    and enough for the sword, armor, gloves and helm. I should be ok now.

Then I went to get some eq. and I am not sure this is what I need to be doing. In the patch we are supposed to be using warrior gear.
    I can't buy warrior gear. AHHHhhhhhhhh

Will this be changed in the next patch?

What should I do?

I went from being happy and having something to work towards to felling like everything has been a waste.

Re: pally needs some advice please

with the expansion coming out in a month dont waste ur honor now get 75k and save it for wotlk 80 gear so right off the bat. but if u want u could buy ret gear so u can lvl and get use to the spec in my pvp gear i can pull out 1800 dps self buffed u will be fine

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    I have played a pally on and off to 70 mostly as a protection spec.
    I was all head over heals excited about the new pally. Man I am going ret, just look at this new stuff.
    Finally I can be good.

Well for over a month I played Av and Ab just trying to get some good gear. Yep I have almost 60K honor
    and enough for the sword, armor, gloves and helm. I should be ok now.

Then I went to get some eq. and I am not sure this is what I need to be doing. In the patch we are supposed to be using warrior gear.
    I can't buy warrior gear. AHHHhhhhhhhh

Will this be changed in the next patch?

What should I do?

I went from being happy and having something to work towards to felling like everything has been a waste.
    Look, the ret paladin pvp gears will also change in the new patch. The suggestion to get warrior gear is for tank paladins, really. Don't sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by geesex
    with the expansion coming out in a month dont waste ur honor now get 75k and save it for wotlk 80 gear so right off the bat.
    ehm i think blizz gona restart honor and arena points when wotlk comes out ..

Quote Originally Posted by ssojr
    ehm i think blizz gona restart honor and arena points when wotlk comes out ..
    Arena points, yes, honor no.

but if u want u could buy ret gear so u can lvl and get use to the spec in my pvp gear i can pull out 1800 dps self buffed u will be fine

this is what I was wanting to know. I only played this pally single at times so all he has is crap quest rewards. The pvp gear is 5 times better than what he has now.
    It would be great to store 75K but IF I don't have the eq to get to 80 it will do no good.

thank you all for the info, I just wish the expansion was coming next week. I just want to do something new.

You can always get the warrior version of belt and boots etc. ,that will work better now.

Small info here;

With the change in the patch we will basicly have the same style gear we got now. The pvp gear has already been changed to be more melee style and not holy spell power based. So that's already been set, i don't see much of the gear changing at lvl 70. At 80 that's a different thing.

For leveling from 70-80, each quest will reward either, gold + xp, or xp, gold and loot.

From 60-70 every few quests in Hellfire had a new shiny reward. Be it armor or weapon, it was still amazing for people to pick up.
    Blizzard are not looking out just for the people who've been playing WoW for 2-3 years. They have to have in mind the new players who will be playing, or the new alts for when the EXP hits.

So from lvl 70-74 (atleast) will have alot of quests with t4 style loot on it, or closer to the S1/S2 pvp armor. So don't worry to much about your paladin isn't as geared as it can be at lvl 70, just wait till the EXP hits and gear him/her via the new quest and instance rewards.

Aswell i would say save your honor points for lvl 80, and just make sure you got an alright 2h weapon (could use the PVP one, or just the blue BOE mace from lvl 68 i still think that has some use in it, if you don't have better).

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    It would be great to store 75K but IF I don't have the eq to get to 80 it will do no good.
    so you think that if you roll another class after the wotlk launch, you have to stop at lvl 70 to drop/buy some equip, otherwise you can kill mob in northrend?

i think that with 1500ap and 25% self buffed (my retri-pally full blu without enchant and gem + hammer of the naaru) you can start quite well the new zones, and there drop something better...

So from lvl 70-74 (atleast) will have alot of quests with t4 style loot on it, or closer to the S1/S2 pvp armor. So don't worry to much about your paladin isn't as geared as it can be at lvl 70, just wait till the EXP hits and gear him/her via the new quest and instance rewards.

I looked at all the starting drops in the first area and they are very poor jumps on the normal 70 blues.
    I have not find a drop list on the next area for quest rewards yet.

Finally i can be good!