iLive

The best HoT based talent tree for Restoration Druids

Hi friends...

I want to know how a talent tree should be like in Wrath of the Lich King for Restoration Druids for PvE. Tell what is good, what is bad, which spells should be used and how. Thankey ;-)

Re: The best HoT based talent tree for Restoration Druids

I would personally go with this build:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0VG0uZZf0IubuxVuqIst
    You can obviously see why...

iLive

Yeah, i see what you mean. I do not even know why i choosed improved Tranquility. But i like i was close

Quote Originally Posted by mgp84
    I would personally go with this build:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0VG0uZZf0IubuxVuqIst
    You can obviously see why...
    im not totally sold on gift of the earth mother from my playing beta

15% chance to gain 1% mana with rejuv... meh... the rage? meh... i havent seen a rage starved tank yet in naxx.

I know this is a HoT based spec... but did you see the buff to empowered HT?

Live version 10/20% more bonus from healing power beta version is 20/40% more bonus from healing power

funny thing is imp tranq, as situational as it may seem is great if you have 2 points to spare

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    Live version 10/20% more bonus from healing power beta version is 20/40% more bonus from healing power
    Haven't bothered to play my resto since I don't have him copied to the PTR, but just a guess is the bonus simply because of the change to spell power?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Haven't bothered to play my resto since I don't have him copied to the PTR, but just a guess is the bonus simply because of the change to spell power?

spell coefficients were changed to make up for spell power not talents

in the premade blue pvp gear at level 80 my healing touch is over 9000 non crit... no pun intended there i guess i should go back to PTR and test my level 70 version to see if it really is a big buff.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    I know this is a HoT based spec... but did you see the buff to empowered HT?
    Empowered HT/Glyph/other talents that revolve around HT are infact good IMO. Talented/Glyphed HT>Nourish but as the OP said, he was asking for an HoT Based spec; and I gave him that. Replenish isn't really there to buff rage generation but rather energy, mana or runic power when raid-healing. With the relic and the rejuvanation glyph:

Idol of Awakening
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Relic Idol
    Requires Level 80
    Equip: Reduces the mana cost of Rejuvenation by 106.

Glyph of Rejuvenation
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Druid
    Requires Level 15
    Use: While your rejuvenation targets are below 50% health, you will heal them for an additional 50% health.

Using Rejuv to raid heal, becomes more and more attractive.

iLive

Hmm... so you think that Tranquility is a spell, which need to be empowered? Like you said, its a situationel spell, but how often do you use these, one time each 10 min? Thats Tranquilities cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, but if you talent it, you get 60% off that cooldown, which makes the spell usable arou d twice a bossfight as an Oh Shit Button.

Plus: 100% Aggroreduce makes it less an AoE Taunt than it is now.

This is my Build:

14/0/57

The two points in Empowered touch are free points... I put them there to make NS+HT healing for that extra bit, but I considered putting it into replenishment. (Which is pretty useless as I was convinced in another Thread)