Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    KJ Down + top dps

    First time ive ever been ret in a raid. And i gotta say it was fun as hell.
    Excuse the UI, its pretty jacked from the patch.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  2. #2

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Nice ui mate, may i ask what addon you used for changing the look of your buttons? (buttonfacade etc)
    Oh btw gz on the kill

  3. #3
    Khody
    Guest

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    The fact that you beat Glaive rogues is pretty cool haha.

  4. #4

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    its buttonfacade with caith skin
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  5. #5

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    It is not cool that he beats them, its really sad..The rogues in top only have 2000-2100dps which is extremely low for rogues, on KJ fight - especially when they all are covered with glaives n' sunwell gear!.

    But GZ on kill :>
    * <- epic fail!

  6. #6

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    lol @ 1,8k dps hunters

  7. #7

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Pretty sure you cant chain down haste pots either due to potion sickness
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  8. #8

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Erikovitch
    You noobs realise that drums and similar buffs dont stack anymore?
    do you realize that drums never stacked?
    and 1,8 k was attainable with pre BT gear and similar buffs that you would have access to today, so for a sunwell geared hunter it's pretty bad, even not taking into account that new talents probably increased our dps some

  9. #9

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    What are all of you twats giving out bout dps for... New class talents, rotations and new everything... Nice kill and nice retri dps mate
    Word.

  10. #10

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    TBH all the hunters and warlocks where all complaining about the new rotation they need, so im sure they just werent used to it. I also was all over the place, as this was my first time as melee dps in a raid, learning when/where to run, and keeping my rotation up was really tough since im used to just standing there tanking or healing. On a target dummy in IF i was at 2200 dps with just an enh shaman, and no hammer of wrath, im pretty sure i can pull 2500+ once im used to everything.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  11. #11

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastblack
    TBH all the hunters and warlocks where all complaining about the new rotation they need, so im sure they just werent used to it. I also was all over the place, as this was my first time as melee dps in a raid, learning when/where to run, and keeping my rotation up was really tough since im used to just standing there tanking or healing. On a target dummy in IF i was at 2200 dps with just an enh shaman, and no hammer of wrath, im pretty sure i can pull 2500+ once im used to everything.
    True, i'm just grumphy becouse my server keeps going down, so i snapped at the first opportunity to whine /selfslap

  12. #12

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Bohb
    do you realize that drums never stacked?
    Drums did not stack, but you could use them in chain, with 4 or 5 LW in group that meant 100% uptime of the haste bonus. Now you get a debuff making you immune to drum effects that lasts as much as drums cd, meaning you only get 1 drum effect every 1 mins ( that is 25% uptime if I'm not mistaken ).

  13. #13
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    125

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    I think the fact that retri is first is because everyone has new specs and need to get used to teh rotation... except for retri pally cuz we can just faceroll without thinking
    Paper is fine, Rock is overpowered!
    - Scissors

  14. #14

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    What seal / rotation were you using?

  15. #15

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    First gratz on KJ and well dominating everyone.
    Second, I have a real issue if a hybrid class out dps's non hybrid dps when gear is on equal level, ( or possibly in the palis case worse? Warglaives.. i mean legendary should count for something...)

    Why wouldnt everyone just roll Pallis since they are now the end all be all class for every aspect of the game.


    EDIT: This is of course taking into consideration that once things normalize and dps rotations become set. I just dont think that a ret pali (Winging it) should be on top...ever.

  16. #16

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu

    EDIT: This is of course taking into consideration that once things normalize and dps rotations become set. I just dont think that a ret pali (Winging it) should be on top...ever.
    Why? I have personally known that I am a far better player than half the DPS in my guild for a long time. Why should I be out dps'd by terribad nit-wits because they're class simply MAKES them higher?

  17. #17

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Realmadrid
    I think the fact that retri is first is because everyone has new specs and need to get used to teh rotation... except for retri pally cuz we can just faceroll without thinking
    lol maybe.
    I was kind of bad on my rotations tbh. I should probably always use judge/ds before CS, but i was doing cs before a judge, so that they would be on a different cd for a couple rotations.
    So basicly it was cs, judge, ds, consecrate. Exorsise when ever it was up and i have a gcd available. Consecrate was also generaly used only when i had a cd available, though it was usualy up.
    Using seal of the martyr btw.
    I could definetly pump out ~2500 dps if i didnt have to move, and had my rotation a little better. I was at 2200 on target dummies with out hammer of wrath, and only with enh shaman.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  18. #18

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by str4vic
    Why? I have personally known that I am a far better player than half the DPS in my guild for a long time. Why should I be out dps'd by terribad nit-wits because they're class simply MAKES them higher?
    Because your class is a utilitly class that can do buffs/ auras. Not to mention that you can also tank and heal... Give mages and rogues the ability to heal themselves / tank all instances and that would make it on par. Simply put classes in wow fulfill certain roles. You knew that when you made your character. IMO ret has always been a levelling build more than a viable raid build for this reason: They can do everything else.

    In a related question how do you define yourself as a better player? Can you hit buttons faster? Is your dps rotation so much different than everyone else's? You should be out dps'd because your class's primary role is that of tank/healer.

  19. #19

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu
    Second, I have a real issue if a hybrid class out dps's non hybrid dps when gear is on equal level, ( or possibly in the palis case worse? Warglaives.. i mean legendary should count for something...)
    Equal gear you say, but shouldn't skill play into the equation. I think now it's Skill/Gear > Class. Not that class has nothing to do with it, but there's a lost smaller innate difference between class's DPS potential.

    Is it possible that all those months of rets striving and putting in 110% in order to come even close to viable DPS has made them much more equipped to push the boundaries of DPS further than the rogues who could only put forth an 80% effort and still wind up on top? Just a thought. (no I don't play a ret, I play an Enh shammy, my retardin is just my hobby )
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

    I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

  20. #20

    Re: KJ Down + top dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu
    Because your class is a utilitly class that can do buffs/ auras. Not to mention that you can also tank and heal... Give mages and rogues the ability to heal themselves / tank all instances and that would make it on par. Simply put classes in wow fulfill certain roles. You knew that when you made your character. IMO ret has always been a levelling build more than a viable raid build for this reason: They can do everything else.

    In a related question how do you define yourself as a better player? Can you hit buttons faster? Is your dps rotation so much different than everyone else's? You should be out dps'd because your class's primary role is that of tank/healer.
    If you want to heal so bad, roll a priest, FFS. I keep hearing rogues/mages say this, and it's simply dumb. Bliz created the game, and they stated that ret is for DPS, get used to it. They could decide that rogues can only use cloth gear with intellect on it, and as dumb as you may think it is, that'd be the new "truth" about the class.

    He probably defines himself as a better player because he came out on top when fighting alongside plenty of other capable DPS classes. I talked w/ a ret pally the other day who was pulling 2400DPS on target dummies (with only my enh buffs) and he said that the rogues in his guild still kicked his @$$ on DPS.
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

    I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •