T6 Bonus go back and get it?

As many of you know the Thunderheart Harness :
    (2) Set: Reduces the energy cost of your Mangle ability in Cat Form by 5 and increases the threat generated by your Mangle ability in Bear Form by 15%.

When Wotlk arrives will it be wise to go back and get the 2 piece bonus for cat DPS?
    Or do you think the stats on new gear will make up for the 5 energy saved?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: T6 Bonus go back and get it?

Mangle spec + that will be great for leveling/early pvp but once you get into the raid gear at lvl 80 shred spec + the better gear will out weight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsemang
    i agree with alski but why wouldn't you still be using 2pc even at low-mid 70's, blizz has already stated gear wont be like it was in bc where greens immediately replaced epic's
    this is true, the T6 will see you into the 1st lvl 80 raid, naxx..
    so, for 5 mans i can see this being very useful

Why are people talking about tanking when the OP asked about cat DPS?

Let me put it this way...the shaman tier...(2 i think?) had a bonus that increased chain heal by a great deal...yet I've never seen a shaman using it at 70 even though it's easily accessible. The stats outweigh the bonus, by far. Probably the same for druid t6.

Actually, shaman WERE using 2pc T2 quite commonly even into endgame at 70, up until I "think" patch 2.3 when Bliz nerfed the chain heal bonus for 2pc T2.

I'm sort of curious about 2pc. T4 as well, it's been one of those "necessities" throughout BC. Though the stats are truly suck on the pieces you'd have to wear to get it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    I'm was sort of curious about 2pc. T4 as well, it's been one of those "necessities" throughout BC. Though the stats are truly suck on the pieces you'd have to wear to get it.
    dps wise you will probably keep that untill lvl 78-79 untill you get gear thats slightly better than the current sunwell stuff because thats about where the set bonus gets edged out by blue gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp

Let me put it this way...the shaman tier...(2 i think?) had a bonus that increased chain heal by a great deal...yet I've never seen a shaman using it at 70 even though it's easily accessible. The stats outweigh the bonus, by far. Probably the same for druid t6.

I have, until they nerfed it, it was equivalent to a heck of a lot of healing, you just lost mp5, if you were in the right group performing the right job it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp

We've had several of our shamans using this (bracer and belt) for trash pulls in BT.

For druids, it's great for leveling, but that's about it.

T4 -IS- being nerfed. I think at 70 it has a 4% proc rate. There was a blue post a while ago that said that its chance to proc would be decreased each lvl until it was 0% at lvl 80. So we wont be using T4 at lvl 80 :P

I was kind of thinking about the sunwell tier pieces though. I mean.. they all have gemslots where alot of the LK gear dosnt. So you could actually update this gear quite a bit through that. And with the sunwell pieces you could keep the 4 piece bonus while maintaining the new T7 4 piece bonus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    Mangle spec + that will be great for leveling/early pvp but once you get into the raid gear at lvl 80 shred spec + the better gear will out weight it.

there is no such thing as a "mangle" specc :| just skip those 2 pieces since you never use mangle anyways..use it on higharmored mobs/players with some bleeds nothing more with the changes to mangle it became kinda rubbish for everything except sustained damage from rip

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted

there is no such thing as a "mangle" specc :| just skip those 2 pieces since you never use mangle anyways..use it on higharmored mobs/players with some bleeds nothing more with the changes to mangle it became kinda rubbish for everything except sustained damage from rip
    erm....Shred anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhearted

Well, you're right that there's no true Mangle spec, although I won't have Shredding Attacks (I'm a tank), so shred will be far too expensive in a rotation at 60 energy. But we'll see.