Thread: Solo Onyxia

Solo Onyxia

1) What spec(s) can solo Onyxia?
    2) How do these spec(s) solo Onyxia?
    3) I'm a prot Paladin with abit of Ret gear, will that make a huge difference?

Thanks for all the help

Re: Solo Onyxia

The first true solo was a holy paladin.

The druid that solo'd had a hunter with her, so it didnt count, but from entrance to kill, it was a holy paladin was the first to do it.

The pally was using S3 gear at the time I believe.

15+ Year Old Account

I did it as feral at the start of the year in T6 wearing about 200ish FR

Well I tried on PTR but failed @ phase 2 due to the fact that Captain Amercia has a cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Vasir
    Well I tried on PTR but failed @ phase 2 due to the fact that Captain Amercia has a cooldown
    You can still melee her as long as you are right under her

Afaik it's possible for holy and prot pallies, resto druids, and i think a deathknight has done it as well. I think a well geared shammy can do it too, probably resto/enh spec.

Requirements are basicly armor and the ability to heal.

I two-manned it with my kara geared warrior and a T6-geared priest. Priest was full mana after the fight

15+ Year Old Account

I'm gonna try it today with my holy pally/enhance shaman and either a rogue or moonkin for back up. If it's wicked easy i'm totally selling runs to low levels

What about ret pal? using seal of light, jugdement of light, DS, instant flash of light and maybe if needed some Holy light.

15+ Year Old Account

i did it on my t4/t5/hyj equipped afflic lock with a resto shaman healing me, he kept a whelp on him with water shield up the whole time to gain a ton of mana back so he wouldnt have to pot. she hit me for roughly 800-1000k uncrushed, somtimes 1500 crush

I soloed her on the PTR as a Ret Paladin in about 20 minutes.

Used:

FR aura
    SoL
    JoL
    BT/SW Equivalent Ret gear
    A few FoL. No bubble or HLs.

Never really came close to dying or running out of mana (save for when I could use HoW on her). P2 was a pain due to having to run all over the place to hit her but it was all in all pretty easy.

I solo'd her on PTR with my 70 ret pally.. i pretty much have shitty gear so it was kinda easy, just had fire aura on and Fol'D my self everytime art of war was up, and threw a few holy lights in once in a while. and bubbled when she did the flame throw thing... it took about 30 mins

Armory link:http: //www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Retardino

same here. soloed onyxia on PTR using nothing but Fire res aura, and self-buffed. occasional FOL when art of war proced and a few holy light when needed.

did it using my 2h weap the whole time. did it at the first try, took me about 30/40mn i would say, im not sure.

Tbh the trash mobs b4 onyxia require you to be more focused then onyxia herself lool.

anyway armory link in case u wandering: (when i soloed her i had stormherald. now i have s3 2h sword tho)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...thor&n=Insanus

sorry for the bad english, not my home language ;D ;D
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

any paladin spec can easily solo onyxia.

15+ Year Old Account

Well if the Jackasses in my guild decide to not log on AGAIN tonight, looks like I will have to give Ony a try with the nice new ret talents! ;D

well i took her down as a retri paladin about 1 month ago on the beta servers, she pretty easy. but all in all requires some attention took me i think 20-25 mins

screeny

Can a blood DK do it?

Oh yeah, if any1 is wondring if she gives xp i can tell you that she gives around 25k xp

so every 4 day you get 25k xp 150g around that atleast unless they have changed it

Quote Originally Posted by Robby
    Can a blood DK do it?
    any spec DK can do it but unholy will make it easier.