Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    LordSidious

Re: Some changes I saw that were rather....odd

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo

I think it's mostly the tone people are finding obnoxious. :P
    No argument there, but I was willing to give HollyL the benefit of the doubt that he/she may have felt like they were getting dogpiled on

But in truth, I did find the tone obnoxious too lol

As for consecration in a rotation, I would say it depends on the make up of the group/raid. If the ret paladin has judged Wisdom on the target and is getting enough mana back why not. Or the paladin judged something else on the target and a shadow priest is there or some other mechanism is giving more mana back to the paladin than what is being used then why not. There are some moments there where your abilities are on cooldown for a couple/few seconds where dropping a consecrate and it doing damage can help.

With that said, I have seen some noobs though using aoe abilities without thinking about the surroundings they are in..*cough aoe interfering with cc cough* so a consecrate during a wrong time is bad. Better the paladin eat a slight dps loss than breaking cc and potentially wiping the group/raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyn
    consecration did like 50-140 dps pre 3.0 - dont know how you could possibly skip that in your rotation, espacially in raids. with judgement of wisdom on the target, windfury and vindication + maybe mana gained from the SoB Healing recieved

and plz, dont cry bout pricision being removed - time for ppl to think about how to use 8 talent points with sense
    I'm having a hard time telling if you're serious or not because that's an awful joke.

And as far as my tone, it's how I come across I guess. You'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    All I have to say: I simply LOVE all the new changes done to prot spec except for BoK (BoK just is so tough for most specs to get @ lvl70) I have no issues with longer Forbearance, especially now that I can cast wings every time I feel like it without having to worry about bubbleability.
    Agreed!

more like 3 points, 15% strength is a must for ret and prot.
    that is true for 3.0 only as Devine Strength used to be in Holy

I'm having a hard time telling if you're serious or not because that's an awful joke.
    its not a joke, get over it. consecration ticks for ~130 on a single target with JoC. with a 9/0/52 spec i was perfectly capable of spamming highest rank using 1 or 2 manapots a fight. and seriously... who wastes 8 points in prot when you can easily be hitcapped with SSC/TK gear and spent those points way better dps wise

Quote Originally Posted by HollyL
    Ok so does this mean this is part of a DPS rotation? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    I consistently used rank 4 consecration as a ret-paladin (or, if I had a shadow priest for some reason) max rank. There are times it fits well in your rotation.

Absolutely dumb.
    I'm not too happy about it either, but if I can get AW off the forberance CD, I'll take +2 minutes. More than fair imo. Esp now that AW adds +healing. In PvP Bubble + AW + Divine Illum = God-mode.

...now I'm under the hit cap, thanks?
    Tbh, I miss the 3% hit. Especially now that we have something useful in tier 1 of prot. Oh well. I guess we will have to use some moah o dat warr gearz ;D :-*

LordSidious

Though this goes away from the complaint about forbearance, others have mentioned the loss of Precision so I will just add to it.

I think it does kind of suck to lose Precision..but I do not miss spending 5 fluff/filler points to get it. Seriously, I always hated throwing 5 points in Imp. Dev aura or the other talent whose name I cant remember...Redoubt I think it was. Such a waste for a ret paladin to just throw 5 points into those talents. Ugh. One can argue I guess..that imp dev aura wasnt too bad but still. 5 points to spend BEFORE you can get Precision was always annoying. Ah well.

The amount of retardation the Paladin community is going to have to go through, again, is already making me cringe. It's like PTR release all over again, except now people are even less informed, and there are a million more waves of QQ water to come.

forbearance 3 minute duration only 'affect' the pvp side of the game, hence its noone of my concerns.

and in pvp if u die the debuff is gone ^_^ unless they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyL
    No I haven't, it was rather pointless when put into the rotation using a spread sheet. Too little damage for too much mana cost.
    Completely untrue.

If you finished the fight with 50% mana, and weren't using consecration, guess what... you weren't pumping out your maximum DPS. You were slacking off.

In the new version, your favorite abilities are determined by GCD, moreso than they are by mana cost, although after a certain amount of OMFG SPAM SPAM SPAM you -do- run out of mana.

What I'm wondering is if it winds up being more effective to use SoW and spam consee-crates than to use a damage seal and not do it... since weaving has been mostly put behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwyn
    its not a joke, get over it. consecration ticks for ~130 on a single target with JoC. with a 9/0/52 spec i was perfectly capable of spamming highest rank using 1 or 2 manapots a fight. and seriously... who wastes 8 points in prot when you can easily be hitcapped with SSC/TK gear and spent those points way better dps wise
    Lol SSC/TK. And yea I want to use my potion cooldown on Super Mana's instead of Haste's.

Wastes 8 points? Are you absolutely retarded? And no you can't easily be hit capped if you're stacking haste which scales EXTREMELY WELL with Blood. Sorry, I'm currently on Felmyst...what would I know?

Deleted

never had any mana problems spamming rank 4 consecration.. and i made sure to get enough hit for 3.0 when precision got removed, so its all np