Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: The nerf that everyone was waiting for?

Im quite happy about hanges and i have newer trolled any class. Burning warrior in 2 sec is not right aldough being a bit more bursty than warrior is fine imo. We cant get 50% healing reduction and any similar to pummel abilities so we should have this small suprise for healer to get decent crits on him.

Those changes are fine as we are plate as warriors are so we are not supose to do spell caster dmg nit mitigated by plate. Still we have all the good stuff we wanted like sheath of light and judgement of thw wise.

Less random dmg means you will have to use more skills to put your dmg in action to succed and pve players should be happy as dmg finaly is competetive.

Fix not nerf is correct statement.
    I prefer to be fixed like this and be in the line with everyone still being competitive than being razed to the groun to lolret.

GOOD GOD, finally!

Cant see why they were retarded enough to let it go live in the first place..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss
    As i can see,most ppl whining about our "nerf",are this who play pvp.I must say,yes,DS nerf is abit bad,but nothing you cant live without.Im happy that Blizzard finaly did nerf that dont affect both pve and pvp.
    This nerf affected PvP and PvE both we lost sustained damage because DS is garbage now and in PvP we lost the one edge we had with DS being holy based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Art of War -- now affects all damage done by Judgements, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm (instead of critical strike damage). Net dps should be about the same but less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13.

Righteous Vengeance -- now applies a dot affect similar to Deep Wounds (instead of critical strike damage). This ends up being a significant buff to the ability to make up for the damage lost to Divine Storm, but is also less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13.

I find those two changes as buffs. Art of war gives you more sustained dps. You can harras more consatntly with higher base dmg tah just wait for ultra crits ( dps stays the same as before in general)

Righteous vengeance i dunno how you fight with rogues but im trying to swicth between 2h and 1h all the time to apply Seal of vengeance and trust me they hate it now i dont have to do it and i like this change.

It isnt bad actualy im a ret paly but i can live with that. The damage isnt bad its stil nice and stil love the nice mana regen we get and give to others. I hope its enough for the peeps to be satisfied.

PS : dont watch the grammar =P i try my best

Righteous Vengeance -- now applies a dot affect similar to Deep Wounds (instead of critical strike damage). This ends up being a significant buff to the ability to make up for the damage lost to Divine Storm, but is also less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13.

This change to the talent would mean we loose 25% bonus judgment damage so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. On another note us as ret was actually pretty OP but in terms of pve are sustained should actually decrease significantly untill they actually implement the changes discussed. ill be pretty unhappy till then

Note: Don't have much time to read previous posts. Anyone understand the Repentance nerf in PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour
    Jesus Christ, how can you all complain so damn much?!

I'm a retri paladin too, on Kalec I was 2nd, on Brut 4th with 2.700 DPS, on Felmyst 2.2k DPS 11th (range friendly fight), on Twins I was first, and on M'uru 5th, my guild just downed KJ, I pulled 5th on DPS, behind the rogues and a enhancement shaman.
    And I'll be the first to admit that the burst damage was just ridiculous.
    Divine storm physical, a loss, but not huge, remember that if you pop avenging wrath all your attacks will still ignore 50% armor, now DS has a bit better synergy with AW.

I've played retribution for one year, and have been optimistic all the way, and now the future of rets is brighter then ever, so please, just shut up with all the QQ!
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Requital
    This nerf affected PvP and PvE both we lost sustained damage because DS is garbage now and in PvP we lost the one edge we had with DS being holy based.
    2K+ after ZA run, beaten everyone on damage and dps by far. Say what again?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelegos
    Note: Don't have much time to read previous posts. Anyone understand the Repentance nerf in PVP?
    Someone here said it and I think that's the reason - to desync Judgement and Repentance. It's a bit too much OP if you can Rep someone, burst another person down, then get back to Rep person and burst again.

@ ALL WHINERS:

This was not a nerf. It's very nice FIX. We were overpowered and this had to come, and I am frikkin' happy it came in such neat and subtle way.

I don't see it as a nerf, I see it as a tweak.

I played yesterday on my lvl 63 (now 64) paladin, we had to be tweaked...

More sustained damage is FINE!

All these changes are OK, I still love the changes, especially the way seals work!

Quote Originally Posted by Samhein
    I bet you would have a problem with it if Rogue Blind was on a base 1 min CD.
    If you take away cheap shot, gouge, and sap I wouldnt give a fuck if blind was on a 1-minute CD... oh wait AHhhhh u c wut i ded thar?

I think the changes are okay, but the divine storm nerv is a bit to mutch...

Has anyone had any real PVE experience since the fix and has the change left PVE dps higher, lower, or the same? I am reserving judgement about this patch until I see the PVE dps cause I could give a damn less about PVP. Honestly to me WOW PVP has always been unbalanced and complete garbage. To many skills that leave you out of control of your character. You can't be skilled and react if you can't control your character.

i also posted this on the thread about the patch notes:

I'm not to worried about these changes. Ive lived with repentance being 6 seconds for a long time, i can deal with it again. And the HoJ Glyph increasing HoJ's duration by 1 second is still making me happy.

We should still have some nice burst potential when SoC procs & we crusader strike or divine storm & judge at the same time.
    Having a DoT is nice against rogues & druids & something we've been lacking.

The only think id say is maybe put a small healing debuff with crusader strike or divine storm if our burst is no longer sufficient to put down casters (which obviously remains to be seen).

For now this patch means ill probably drop a bit of crit on my gems/trinket & pick up a bit more AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaghan
    Art of War -- now affects all damage done by Judgements, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm (instead of critical strike damage). Net dps should be about the same but less bursty. This change will be made before Nov 13.

I find those two changes as buffs. Art of war gives you more sustained dps. You can harras more consatntly with higher base dmg tah just wait for ultra crits ( dps stays the same as before in general)
    For BG and world pvp these nerfs aren't a big deal. But since WoW PvP IS based around what goes on in 3 tiny rooms (5 now?) this is a huge nerf for arena ret paladins.

Look at the teams ret paladins play on. Warr/Pala/Shaman for 3s or Ret/Hunter for 2s. These teams don't rely on "sustained" "take-your-lazy-time" damage. Burst or bust. WF isn't about DoTs and slowly... gently... placing your enemy in a 6-foot hole. It is about FUCKING HIS WORLD UP! So, by removing burst for the ret-paladin class we are back to be sub-par, hoping against hope for MAYBE some RNG-god to take pity on us.

I disagree, i think it just makes classes with healing debuffs more attractive as a 2s or 3s partner. Our increased healing & ability to remove friends stuns makes arms warrior/ret pally pretty tasty again IMO

i am upset cuz i was liking the 4k divine storm crits, ut yea it was to op for even me, it's abalance that yes sucks but hopefully will be better. And honestly a static dmg buff vs a crit dmg buff imo is better cuz then crits will just crit higher . yes balanceing sucks but look at it this way this is the first time ret has actualt benn useable as a valid raid dps so they have to give us some changes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrablue
    I on the other hand think the nerf to repentance was bs... i dont get the point to nerfing a non-dmg dealing ability that breaks when anyone touches them. It was a cc the same as sheep, sap, and im sure theres another one.

the change to repentance was so that we could cc another pvper and go to work on our target. the old repentance was pointless, 6 second cc is nothing. It was only used for a quick stun burst or to get a trinket use.

kinda lame to have the only pve cc that lasts 6 secs in pvp
    i lol'd

only pve CC that lasts 6 seconds in pvp? might need to do some research.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by khazra
    I disagree, i think it just makes classes with healing debuffs more attractive as a 2s or 3s partner. Our increased healing & ability to remove friends stuns makes arms warrior/ret pally pretty tasty again IMO
    I hope you don't mean as a 2s team because that would be loltastic.

As 3s with a resto shaman or drood there is still some hope, but the nerf takes away the chance of it being able to compete with RMP or other top end teams.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bruno01
    i love my ret pally but if blizz over do it i will switch to the DK blood..its very similar
    Yet Blood DK's do more dmg than retadins in raids i discovered (on beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomech
    I think this is the first time I've seen an across-the-board nerf to a class where the affected players aren't up-in-arms. Sounds like good work on Blizz's behalf.
    We're not up in arms because they're giving us something to compensate, and really, nobody's sure if the compensation will be enough, based on how they structure our DoT.

I, for one, would have rather seen Divine Storm do like 80% of weapon damage as holy damage, rather than 100% as physical, for flavor if nothing else. Also, it was our burst they were worried about, not our healing, Divine Storm needs to continue healing the amount it was healing for when it did holy damage, it was practically impossible to notice before, and now it's even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxodon
    Exactly, but maybe it will stop the QQ

That would be glorious.
    Best watch out or I will equip Keiga the Tide Star with you Loxodon...

The QQ is for the imba... It will go away when the imba is gone... which won't happen.