Shapeshifting off the GCD?

Now that DK's, Warriors, Paladins and Hunters all have their class defining abilities off the GCD, what do you think about asking for our forms to be off of the GCD? It sure would eliminate a lot of stress in at critical moments in PvE encounters when shifting gears from DPS to Tank or vice versa, and it would make Feral PvP feel a lot more fluid as well as throw in some extra love for Moonkins shifting in and out to heal.

Re: Shapeshifting off the GCD?

Well, while I wouldn't mind seeing this, I can't even begin to imagine the cries of outrage it would send through the forums when public enemy number one Rob the Resto Druid would kite people around without the gcd.

Honestly tho, while it would make the gameplay more fluent, it would even increase our mana problems. Unless they took the mana cost away aswell, which they won't, it wouldn't be that great.

compleatly off the GCD would be bad, can you imagin how quickly our mana would drain if we got spam happy trying to get into form as soon as a stun runs out? I wouldnt mind if our forms were considered more like warrior stances though. if you dont know stances are off the GCD, they can swap whenever they want and it does not incure the GCD however changeing stance incures a stance GCD so you cant swap stances agian for a second. I wouldnt mind that but you know people would whine too much.

Who is John Galt?

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. Forms off of the GCD but they still have a CD with one another, just like warrior stances to prevent the above scenario of Resto Rob kiting infinitely.

Really gets my vote, was also the first thought I had when I read the hunter change.
    Imagine how nice it would be to use bear stun actively!
    Like: In cat form ->Bear->Stun->Cat->Shred! And all this within a few seconds.