Questions re: new RV

Just a few questions re: the announced changes to Righteous Vengeance.

So the purpose of this change is to remove some of the "bursty" damage from divine storm and judgments and to return it in the form of a dot upon crit (thats how I understood it, please correct me if I'm wrong), supposedly keeping the same sustained dps, but spreading it out a little to prevent such large burst spikes.

Does anyone have any idea exactly how this will work?
    i.e. does it proc off both judgment and Divine storm crits?

My concern is that if the duration of the dot exceeds the cooldown of the proccing ability, we will lose sustained dps over the current crit dmg-increase version, as we wouldn't get the full benefit from the dot if we chain-crit, unless we can have multiple stacking dots.

Re: Questions re: new RV

Old crit damage bonus was 25%. In this post Ghostcrawler suggests the new bonus will be something like "10% of the crit damage each tick for 4 ticks of 2 seconds each (+40% and 8 sec total)".

Judgement and RV have 8 and 10 second cooldowns respectively, so no worries about the dot exceeding the CD. But it's likely there will be places in the dps cycle where the DoT from one ability will overwrite the unfinished DoT from the other. On the other hand, 40% is 1.6 times more damage than we were getting from the old RV.

I don't think it will stack (think Deep Wounds and Ignite), but I still think its a good change.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Should be useful for keeping rogues out of stealth, at the very least forcing them to blow CoS.

See, there are some drawbacks to having magical abilities, to the "zomg boooohoooo now melee dps haz to stackz armour pen" posts I've been reading in other threads

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    Old crit damage bonus was 25%. In this post Ghostcrawler suggests the new bonus will be something like "10% of the crit damage each tick for 4 ticks of 2 seconds each (+40% and 8 sec total)".

Judgement and RV have 8 and 10 second cooldowns respectively, so no worries about the dot exceeding the CD. But it's likely there will be places in the dps cycle where the DoT from one ability will overwrite the unfinished DoT from the other. On the other hand, 40% is 1.6 times more damage than we were getting from the old RV.

I don't think it will stack (think Deep Wounds and Ignite), but I still think its a good change.
    If it's 10% every second, that's not bad at all, because you'll have at least 1.5 seconds before you could even use another ability, if you're cycling, you'll pretty much always get two ticks out of it, and sometimes get more, that probably makes it even with what it does now, but doesn't quite compensate for the DS nerf.

these dots should stac, or the dot dmg should be per second not every 2sec. Becose We will almost have a DS or Judg rdy to use.

This nerf was the bigger one im my opinion, this will make us suffer alot in PVP again, not now, but in lvl 80 content.

yes but bliz is very fast at nerfing.
    spend 1 month balancing and testing and 10 minutes to screw it up so they don't have to listen to whiners.
    nerf something for a 70 now and they will fix the 80 problems, errrr when they are working on the 90 problems?