Poll: Will Blizzard overlook the fact that Divine Storm has a heal component and forget to buff the heal %

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Divine Storm Heal

I definitely wouldn't have a problem with them increasing the healing done by DS if they're reducing the damage significantly. Most of DS's healing power is directed at other players anyways, it's just a little bonus to extend your health bar a bit longer when you don't have the opportunity to cast a heal. The could just straight buff the healing done or include it in a talent/glyph somewhere, doesn't matter too much.

Overwhelming majority, almost 4:1, believe they'll just ignore it.

It's nice to know we have such an unshakeable faith in Blizzard.

We know full well they'll fuck us over. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispybacon
    You offer a blessing (Imp. Might, Kings, or Wisdom)

Only 1 blessing per paladin - and FYI it can be cast on anyone so this is not a perk

An aura which is now good (Ret aura - 3% more damage to the entire raid and 3% haste, as well as a buffed version of thorns to the tanks)

Does not stack - but yes a good thing

Your Judgements of the Wise not only gives the Replenishment buff, but also gives an assload of mana back upon every judgement hit.

4.5-5k mana pool at 80

Your DS still heals, regardless of how much it heals for.

Blizz stated that every aspec of a ret pally was as intened (maybe low on DPS) minus the burst (cough* BS), when they nerfed DS they nerfed what they said was its intended healing bonus, which is the main Point of the OP

You offer good CC (Repentance).

LFG HMgT - lolret

You're one of the most powerful dps classes atm, topping most charts.

lol maybe you didn't get the memo about how ret will not scale well in its current state. So tops or even close to top now when everyone will be doing more damage at 80 will mean we are last.

Your judgements of light and wisdom have both been buffed drastically, combine this with your other two mana buffs and your raid will never go oom.

If the raid is not going OOM then then maybe this needs nerfed

Heart of the Crusader - 3% more crit for everyone in the raid.

good spell - any pally can spec for it - other classes also have this

BoP, Divine Protection, BoSac, heals (which, with ShoL, are more than decent as ret), and plate gear/taunt for situations that call for it.

love it thanks - which any hybrid class can do (good heals)except feral druids (but hey i can turn into a bear )

Instant cast heals and bubble, making yourself self-supporting and easing the load on the healers.

correct - except that they way you worded this, Bubble is on a long cool down and is only a get out of jail free card, although not as powerful many other classes have one(oh BTW it doesn't dump aggro)

Vindication on the target, reducing all attributes by 20%.

good for lvling

Need I go on..?

yes please

I mean god dammit, you ret pallies are so f#*$ing spoiled now you have no idea.

why because we were the laughing stock of WoW for 4 years?

You offer CC equal to, probably even better, than that of a rogue, your broken damage is topping the DPS meters,(dps intended for lvl 80) hell you're even competing on the healing meters. "I was in Hyjal the other day and a ret pally was #1 dps, #5 healing."

I call BS to this one. Druids are rocking the charts. Doing over 5k dps, there is no way a ret pally is doing that anywhere near that, and that was before the nerfs. I'm at work right now but if you like i will post that fight as i saved it because 4 druids and a hunter (who toped the list) were insane.

The amount of support you offer is ridiculous, it's way more than any other class or spec. Your buffs and support are worth bringing a ret pally on their own, let alone the ridiculous dps they offer.

wait until 80 before you judge a class on what they bring

And I'm a pally, so don't try to play the old "QQ more, you're just an upset warlock/hunter/etc". FotM is an understatement, pallies atm are so good it's dumb.
    you are seeing this at 80 in naxx? an undead raid instance where we were still 400 dps behind before all the changes? (sorry have not see any new dps results since then) and FYI if we are 400 dps behind on undead then we will be 800+ on non undead as we have more options to use in are rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    Can Explosive shot deal High Physical damage and heal me yet?

Just shut the fuck up and deal with it, your not allowed to two shot anyone anymore and you'll require the slightest more sliver to play ffectively, in my opinion it shouldn't heal at all, and you shouldn't get Instant cast FoL.
    I AM THE ONLY CLASS ALLOWED TO BE OP - nerf the rest. good post btw, very informing with facts and details on how and why this nerf was intended or not intended. You're third grade teacher must be proud. So whats your pets name? you know the one that you can um heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    Ret is a DPS spec, not a healing spec. Imagine ir kinda like Spriests - you bring them for the mana return, not the VE heal. However, currently Ret DPS is much, much higher than Spriests, so even if the heal is negligible, it's pretty much just like a nice little perk on top of your good sustainable DPS.

Divine Storm should now be the same as warrior Whirlwind. Guess what, chaps? Whirlwind doesn't have a heal component. We don't QQ.
    yes a 51 point talent sould be the same as another classes base line ability. Good point. At least you said we were a DPS spec

Quote Originally Posted by Aguro
    Overwhelming majority, almost 4:1, believe they'll just ignore it.

It's nice to know we have such an unshakeable faith in Blizzard.

We know full well they'll fuck us over. Again.
    I voted against it because I really don't feel like DS needs to be an uber healing spell. Unless it had a major impact on server party members everyone would still bitch and whine about how terrible it is.

Unfortunately, that wasn't one of the two (stupid) options so I said they will ignore the "problem" because it's way less important than you are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin
    Stupidest thing I've ever heard, and yes.. I registered just to say that.

Sooo incredibly stupid of anyone to ever do that. Whirlwind is only accessible in one stance, Berserker. In Berserker you have a high amount of threatreduction on all abilites which would essentially make WW do crap threat and you lose all rage due to switching stances.

And for those saying that warriors have a selfheal on our attacks. This only applies to Bloodthirst and it heals for minimal amounts of HP right now. With 10k HP it heals for a total of 300 over 5 swings. WOW.
    I would say STFU but iam not. oh wait

But Anyway,,, Please read the Quote.
    It asked what other Spec could get something out of useing Divine Storm if it was baseline.

I dont know where the Warrior comment even comes from. Do Paladins use Stances? yes??? No???

So please STF^ <----- didnt say STFU,,,,,

Crap said it again
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanctha
    i'd like to see the heal increased slightly... we may not be a healing spec. but seriously. when it heals for 100 on 3 party members... seems hardly worth it
    If you're using divine storm specifically for the heal component you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos
    Now that Divine Strom Damage is drastically nerfed, Blizzard does not seem to notice that the Divine Storm heal is more terrible then ever. Both DS damage has been nerfed AND Righteous Vengeance no longer increases DS damage directly thus double nerfing the heal.
    LOL stfu l2p
    do you expect to oneshot everyone , to heal yourself like healer and be as fast as the winds?

Quote Originally Posted by OoXy
    LOL stfu l2p
    do you expect to oneshot everyone , to heal yourself like healer and be as fast as the winds?
    Meet my friend

Mr Shadow Priest
    and
    Ms Death Knight
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I voted against it because I really don't feel like DS needs to be an uber healing spell. Unless it had a major impact on server party members everyone would still bitch and whine about how terrible it is.

Unfortunately, that wasn't one of the two (stupid) options so I said they will ignore the "problem" because it's way less important than you are making it out to be.
    The only stupid option I found on this thread was your choice to post. I'm sorry your to blind to see the issue, or too much of a pally hater to care, but your posts prove your own ignorance.

A Ret paladin on a raid will NOT be using AoW FoL heals because its burning a GCD doing something thats someone elses job and not doing what they are supposed to... DPS. But I'm guessing your pissed because now that you'll lose your raid spot to a skilled pally instead of getting by on facerolling your way through raids.

Why don't you do this game a favor and reroll on another game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zohan
    Wall of text much?
    Actually, this was my first time =P
    The things is that i wrote while i worked in a work - write - work - write kind of way, so it may be a bit incoherent. Sorry about that, was tierd when i wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    Meet my friend

Mr Shadow Priest
    and
    Ms Death Knight
    Dont know about you but last time i saw shadowpriest raping somebody was around 1 week ago...

The only issue I have had with retadins since 3.0 was the *Frontal burst* to which if you didn't have a trinket you were dead.
    The nerf to DS helped that alot *and the up-coming nerfs/buffs *depending on how you see the dot* will help it more.
    The raid dps of ret paladins is great atm *just below warriors/rogues/hunters/mages* from what I have seen.
    As for the healing on DS ... who cares ... would you prefer they lowered the damage more? and added a higher healing component?

Thats my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Trovalor
    A Ret paladin on a raid will NOT be using AoW FoL heals because its burning a GCD doing something thats someone elses job and not doing what they are supposed to... DPS. But I'm guessing your pissed because now that you'll lose your raid spot to a skilled pally instead of getting by on facerolling your way through raids.
    Well apparently you'll lose your raid spot too because you seem to be very far from a skilled ret paladin. So you think you should only DPS in a raid because you're in the melee group ? WRONG

We use 3 damaging ability at the moment. If you use them on cooldown, the GCD is up for 58% of the time (1.5/6 + 1.5/8 + 1.5/10). So you have 40% of your time to spend doing something else. I use this time to Cleanse (heal since 3.0), BoP on someone, Hand of Salvation, use something like HoW, Exorcism or Wings. Etc. Even as a ret I don't forget that I am a PALADIN, so I use every ability I have. You should do the same.

If you want a DPS on easy mode, roll a lock or a hunt.

Its funny to me that Blizz dont understand that most of the burst at the moment comes from Seal of Command proccing off special attacks and judgements (that will continue to ignore armour) even after the changes.

Tbh im fine with the Divine Storm nerf if they keep the other things i mentioned the same. My only concern is that even after the changes these forums will still be full of QQ'ing gimps that still winge about our burst...

And yeh, they should up the heal on Divine Storm now it'll be hitting druids for 400, not loads but just to where it is at the moment as its not game breaking now and will just be useless afterwards.

Iam sure they know.

BLIZZARD HATES PALADINS

I HATE G.W BUSH

Nerf Them ALL
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?