Addon for ret pvp to tell you when Flash of Light is ready?

With the talents to make flash of light instant i was wondering if there was like an addon which could tell you when the buff is up? I know you can look at the top but its hard to see when you have many buffs on yourself.

It would be good if a message or something could pop up so you could easily see that Flash of light is now instant.

Deleted

Re: Addon for ret pvp to tell you when Flash of Light is ready?

You really need an addon for that?

Most scrolling combat text addons (SCT, Parrot, Miks) have an option to display "Sticky Crits" that can be modified to show when a certain ability becomes available. In my opinion, Miks seems to be the most configurable in that respect and can probably be modified, in game, to do what you're asking.

***Direct link to Miks on Curse.com***

If that doesn't work, then I'm sure writing up an addon shouldn't be too hard. All it would take is some basic LUA scripting, which you can find plenty of information on, on the internet.

Wow thats pretty pathetic , considering its up every time you crit, why not just get a crit watching addon?
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

THe problem with getting a full addon like a new scrolling combat text system is that it will have loads of other stuff and change everything else. I only need this one basic thing, dont want all the other stuff with it. I know you can configure it, but im sure you cant configure it enough just to show when Flash of light is ready.

i use MikScrollingBattletext http://fs.wowinterface.com/download.php?id=5153
    its the best mod ever. on a second notes, its quite hard to actually do it if you dont have any experience with the mod.

if you cant find a easyer addon, and dont figure out how this one works i recommend you download http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=89725
    its a PVP UI tutorial, you can skip to the part about MikScrollingBattletext, he has 30min guide on just that mod.

There is actually an ingame add-on that tells you exactly when Art of War pops.

Go into your Combat text, and there should be an option for you to click to show when abilities can be active. It pops up on your screen in large lettering. It's also nice to see because it shows your crits and such.

Interface
    Combat Text
    Enable Floating Combat Text
    Reactive Spells + Abilities

You'll see "art of war" each time it comes up, since its a reactive ability.

You can also configure PowerAuras to display something when Art of War is up. Not sure if it's updated though.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeSlice
    You can also configure PowerAuras to display something when Art of War is up. Not sure if it's updated though.
    It is, and it's definately the most "eye-candy" version I'd say

Did up a quick addon for this for myself, figured I might as well make a basic menu and put it up

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=11246

Quote Originally Posted by Bidybag
    With the talents to make flash of light instant i was wondering if there was like an addon which could tell you when the buff is up? I know you can look at the top but its hard to see when you have many buffs on yourself.

It would be good if a message or something could pop up so you could easily see that Flash of light is now instant.
    With 35% crit, mine's always ready.