15+ Year Old Account

Axe spec vs Mace spec

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has compared the two for DW "classic" fury play in PvE. Mace sounds like it would have a smoother flat dps increase, but I have no idea how much armor most lvl 70 or 80 bosses have, WoWhead only shows stuff like hitpoints. Originally I was going to go axes, but I'm a dwarf so now that we have the mace spec racial I'm considering that for PvE. I also don't know how to find stuff on elitistjerks lol, haven't heard anything.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Re: Axe spec vs Mace spec

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has compared the two for DW "classic" fury play in PvE. Mace sounds like it would have a smoother flat dps increase, but I have no idea how much armor most lvl 70 or 80 bosses have, WoWhead only shows stuff like hitpoints. Originally I was going to go axes, but I'm a dwarf so now that we have the mace spec racial I'm considering that for PvE. I also don't know how to find stuff on elitistjerks lol, haven't heard anything.
    why would you spec 2x 1handers over titans grip?

Deleted

DW classic fury, huh? DW + weapspec?
    If you talk about a certain spec, bother to link it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    why would you spec 2x 1handers over titans grip?
    Because TG is total shit right now. 15/46 is a much better build that does ~15% more dps than TG builds. However, as it currently stands you will not be doing a 25/36 build because it is still inferior to a 15/46 build.

At 80 and 25/46 build could turn out to be better than TG (18/53 or something similar) depending on the content level. If that is the case, I would go with Axe spec because it will increase your dps by ~6% with all things considered. Mace spec is really lackluster because it is applied after flat armor reductions like CoR, Sunder, Expose Armor, and Faerie Fire.

15+ Year Old Account

I was thinking something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...10052120501010

The changes to unending fury are nice but can't fill it up all the way with a weapon spec. As for why not titan's grip, I just want to try going with same old 1H fury, our dps wasn't bad before so it couldn't have gotten any worse. Also, no one has tested 1H fury against titan's grip yet, so you can't really say titan'g grip is better simply cause of the white damage increase, at least as far as we know.

Edith and I took imp cleave because cleave is as cheap as heroic strike with the glyph and causes less threat so it would not be a bad option to start cleaving if the threat gets too high.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes
    I was thinking something like this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...10052120501010

The changes to unending fury are nice but can't fill it up all the way with a weapon spec. As for why not titan's grip, I just want to try going with same old 1H fury, our dps wasn't bad before so it couldn't have gotten any worse. Also, no one has tested 1H fury against titan's grip yet, so you can't really say titan'g grip is better simply cause of the white damage increase, at least as far as we know.

Edith and I took imp cleave because cleave is as cheap as heroic strike with the glyph and causes less threat so it would not be a bad option to start cleaving if the threat gets too high.
    Cleave does more threat per rage, and more threat per rage than HS. Cleave does have additional threat attached to it, look up the ability aggro table on wowwiki and it have it. The threat is split between the number of targets hit. Against one mob it is less efficient on damage and threat per rage spent.

Actually ,5Dmg/5CC gain , is nice when you have a lot of trush mobs to kill , but imagine a 15% Armor "penetration" on a boss ? . I tested both , and on heavy armored boss's , the mace spec give's you a way more dmg bonus than any axes .But still Axes are best Pvp spec right now .
    Why fury , isn't that good as we would expect it ? -15 (12 %) Hit Reduction ? Plus the additional 12-15 % You need to "Don't miss too much" , means you need 400 Hit score ?The actual gear isn't adapted to it , But the worst thing is that , you don't have "Impale"
    This fury build for lvl 80 ? >http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...12053120501351