Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How many of you have been Knocked off cliffs?

Just curious with blastwave, typhoon, and thunderstorm having knockback effects

Im gonna start screen shotting when i knock ppl off things. Best so far was 5 horde knocked off the center of EoTs at 1 time yesterday with thunderstorm on my shaman.

I also managed to knock a rogue out of the bunker and down the cliff in AV

Someone beat me to making the video

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=22487.0

nice job on the video

Re: How many of you have been Knocked off cliffs?

I cant wait to get my Rhino in the xpac and use Stampede on a bunch of Horde on the bridge in AV. Its gonna rule.

Thunderstormed a Pally and a rogue off a cliff in AB at the LM eith thunderstorm, than the rogue came back 2 other times and I did it 2 more times.

being a mage can be fun, get knocked off of LM in AB and get to slow fall reagent free to BS. may not help ya win but sure is fun

Quote Originally Posted by iceman214
    Thunderstormed a Pally and a rogue off a cliff in AB at the LM eith thunderstorm, than the rogue came back 2 other times and I did it 2 more times.

5 games in a row last night when horde would zerg LM id stand right next to their healers and thunderstorm them off the cliff..... WEEEEEEEEEEE hope they have slowfall

Hate it.. It's retarded.. =/
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Quote Originally Posted by ToxTheWrecker
    Hate it.. It's retarded.. =/

but its the only way my elemental shaman can kill warriors

Knock back for prot warrior shockwave - pls pls.

15+ Year Old Account

If you fight with your back against a cliff you deserve to be knocked off. This is pretty much the same as a priest mindcontrolling you and running you off the cliff.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    If you fight with your back against a cliff you deserve to be knocked off. This is pretty much the same as a priest mindcontrolling you and running you off the cliff.
    Hardly the same thing!

Mind Control has a rather long casting time, a short "leash", can easily be interrupted as a channeled spell, and it can be removed by WotF/EMFH/trinket.

For stuff like Thunderstorm all you have to do is stand next to your victim and yell PIKAAA.

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

I bet 10g that it will be nerfed in the next 2 months

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brox
    This, even tho it would be a pitty. :
    Im a Priest that can tank Illidan. For ~~~ 6seconds & then, i go splat. <3 Dispersion.

Lawl.
    I bet your wrong.

It's pretty easy to avoid.
    Simply don't have your back against a cliff.
    Always be alert.
    Be able to play well at your class.

Half the time I even cast it, if the terrain isn't just right it doesn't work for shit.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=22417.0

Rogues - Sstep
    Warriors - Charge.

People have been mind controlled off cliffs for the last couple of years.

Original creator of the PointlessThread++;

I know but this one will for sure bring more QQ than MC and will be nerfed like snowballs in AV. Blizzard nerf what makes fat kids QQ

It is ridiculous because these are instants.

Mind Control can be interrupted or you can trinket out of it before the jump and it is not an area attack.

These new effects are not foreseeable and there is no real countermeasure to this kind of attack.

EoTS Flag Position is the worst place. It is like a 20 k Damage AOE Instant there. You can not expect to not be in a position where you are not between a knockbacker and the cliff. The Positioning there is far to easy for the Knockbacker. It is clear the map is not designed around knockback effects.

As far as knockback abilities for melee:
    Knockback works excellent with melee in mind. But not as offensive ability but an interrupting and defensive mechanism. Think BG and Arena with more then 1 vs 1. Knockback is universally good for use in close quarters for all classes.

But it is the most effective "against" melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican
    It is ridiculous because these are instants.

Mind Control can be interrupted or you can trinket out of it before the jump and it is not an area attack.

These new effects are not foreseeable and there is no real countermeasure to this kind of attack.

EoTS Flag Position is the worst place. It is like a 20 k Damage AOE Instant there. You can not expect to not be in a position where you are not between a knockbacker and the cliff. The Positioning there is far to easy for the Knockbacker. It is clear the map is not designed around knockback effects.

As far as knockback abilities for melee:
    Knockback works excellent with melee in mind. But not as offensive ability but an interrupting and defensive mechanism. Think BG and Arena with more then 1 vs 1. Knockback is universally good for use in close quarters for all classes.

But it is the most effective "against" melee.
    its a shame

elemental shaman right now have really little to no defense, the knock back is needed... and btw its very buggy, ive seen ppl not get knocked back but take damage, ppl get stuck on terrain when knocked back (like what used to happen with blink).

the really sad part is, the only reason im even playing my shaman right now is because i get to knock ppl off cliffs and bridges. If they take that away my shaman goes back in its alt cage

I bet it doesnt. Knock backs were a no no only because back pre BC BGs were the serious pvp. and they didnt know how serious arena would be in TBC so they were still looking at BGs as serious. Now we all know BGs are fun past times and nothing more, and knockback effect in arena are no where near as devastating as cliff toss BGs.

You get toss of a cliff in BG you rezz 1-30 sec later and go back up there and hope you get the fun flying lessons again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

A hunter disengaged away from me off a cliff once...

I wish it was my fault :'(

I love getting knocked back and SHS back before I fall off the cliff