Thread: Naxx Tactics

Naxx Tactics

So for those of us who haven't been lucky enough to access beta but stil wants to be more prepared for the upcomming raids besides reading the old school tactics. Is the a tactic guide for Naxx 10 and 25? Or is it simply so easy that it isn't needed?

Re: Naxx Tactics

Or is it the same strats as Pre-BC with upped damage? I looked at wowwiki's WotLK Naxx page and the links for the bosses are the Pre-BC strats.

Some of the fights have been changed and lots of the trash has been removed. I know that Four Horsemen is different. 2 of them are tanked by ranged.

I haven't seen any guides for 10/25. The wiki apparently does not have the guides for Wrath.

You're still going to need to dance.

This is gonna be a c*ckblock for baddies, I can tell. Blizzard, don't nerf the Heigan Dance!

lol...Naxx is MUCH easy than Kara, especially pre-nerf Kara.

The trash is very sparse and non-challenging (you'll be at the wing's first boss before you know it) and most of the bosses aren't particularly hard for competent players.

It's pretty easy to gear for, considering that most heroics are a JOKE.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Well tactics will obviously be different, since the dungeon will be tuned for less players, and I bet its most noticeable in the ten man version, since you just can't do the things with ten people that you could with fourty.

I mean yeah, you can clear AQ40 now with 10 people (my guildies did it) but that's just becouse you can brute-force your way through most of it. The difference is that you probably won't be able to brute-force through naxx, becouse it'll be tuned for your level, and at the start you won't have the gear for it.

You brute-forced your way through C'Thun?

I've been hit for 45 million damage back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    You brute-forced your way through C'Thun?

I've been hit for 45 million damage back in the day
    At level 70, wich was my point, yes.

Having done beta Naxx and most of REAL NAXX i will throw out what i remember:

I am bad with names.. so follow along. all the bosses in MC where Lucifron except the puppy and Lava guy, and Raggycakes. so names are "that guy" or the "next one"

Spider Wing:

1st) Anub: Don't need a hunter for the kite anymore, and only one add spawns, same place every time, and it spawns where he was standing. It still releases the little guys after a certain amounts of time, any tank is capable of picking them all up.

2nd) Lady Far: Dont need mind control at all, you just kill each add in a predetermine order as she enrages. (As a DK tank i tanked all 4 adds and did this completely by my self, the rest of the raid just focused on Far, i would bring each down and kill as requested solo as a DK tank.

3rd) Maexxna: The same but only sends one person to the wall, still in enrages at 30% and still wraps the raid still poisons the tank.

(they all are a joke we got the 20 min accomplishment with no problem and good dps)

Death knight Wing:

Instructor: only 2 adds to control, there are jewels now that allow you to control them. anyone in the raid can do it but you will still have your tanks do it. 2 tank phases per add and then just reup the MC, its easy heal the adds just like before.

THE NEXT GUY:(never can remember his name): he has 2 rooms one dead and live, the live guys go to the dead side as they die, All is tankable all is cake, can get overwhleming on the dead side if dps isnt up to par, nothing to worry about stack 4 live 6 dead if you have this problem. its a joke.

4 horsemen: 2 (lady/the far right one) will position them in the back, as long as someone is withing their aura of attack range (ie getting their debuff they are considered tanked) we used a pally healer and another ranged dps these two just switch when they stack up 3 of the respective debuffs. In front 2 tanks one in each corner, with ranged taunts you both head towards the mid when you have 3 debuffs about 20 yrds in target taunt and they switch sides. simple enough DPS one at a time and keep on keepin on.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Baron rivendare got a promotion and now take Morrograines spot.

Abom WING:

PatchyCakes: 2 tanks is more then enough keep them topped and WRECK DPS, he goes down pretty easy you will probably hit the enrage not a big deal just keep healing

FROGGER SLIMES:
    These will wipe your raid more then anything if you have no problems on bosses you will be here for a bit. Someone always dies here which causes a chain of dieing due to low attention span ADD people like me to test the slimes and prove how hard i am, and then inevitably fook up.

Globbulous: from what i remember he is exactly the same, kite and kill slimes, drop you debuffs away from the kite path.

The Puppy (boss): provided you can run down the tunnel into his chamber and avoid the HOLE BOSS on the way, you are doing well, he is pretty much the same 2 tanks is fine for the armor debuff he stacks, have one person kite the little guys around, when he Desecrates all dps switch to the adds and kill them. Rinse repeat.

Last GUY:
    Thaddius maybe? 2 adds split to 5 man group kill them tank switches, blah blah jump over and positive negative charges watch your charges beat his face in.

Plague wing:

Necromancer Boss 1: he summons adds WOW kill them. near him so the damage from aoe and such can still hit him, if you have trouble on him reroll WAR.

Necromancer boss 2:
    (Haigen) This fight is the only fight that might cause some problems as someone mentioned. Its cake, you move with slime phases, it seems to be a bit buggy right now. the first is kite/tank phase 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 then he goes the platform and you start the run 1-2-3-4--3-2-1-2-3-4-3-2-1, when he comes back down he seems to be starting at 2, so after the initial kite/tank phase, you next phases will look like this 2-1-2-3-4-3-2-1, back to run phase and so on. If you dont know what the numbers mean you havent done the fight and you will soon enough.

MOTH Giant: No healing again, spores with no aggro and upped damage divide the group in 2 groups to divy up the spores and you are on your way. just make sure they dont get tot he tank, and have people like dks and such make sure they use their life abilities during the times they can till you get more familiar with the fight. Couple of CH and your good though.

hope that helped

Sapphy and Kel, well i dont wanna ruin everything

when the kittens take over the freeways remember i was on your side.

Saying that pures should beat hybrids by 5% is like saying a penny should be tails 50% of the time. If you flip a penny infinite times, yes, it will be tails half the time. But if you flip the penny three time and don't get any tails, you shouldn't take the penny to the bank and tell them it's broken.

The trash is very sparse and non-challenging (you'll be at the wing's first boss before you know it) and most of the bosses aren't particularly hard for competent players.

It's pretty easy to gear for, considering that most heroics are a JOKE.
    heroics are a joke cause they are tuned down in beta to allow more ppl to test them.

Also naxx is easier than what karazhan was cause naxx has heroic mode , which will also be tuned up when wotlk goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrion
    At level 70, wich was my point, yes.
    The eyebeam doesn't instagib anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    heroics are a joke cause they are tuned down in beta to allow more ppl to test them.

Also naxx is easier than what karazhan was cause naxx has heroic mode , which will also be tuned up when wotlk goes live
    'Heroic' Naxx is the 25man version

/facepalm

What, and the trash to attuman was hard???

Little differences in 25man.

Going to skip spiderwing as I joined late and missed this wing

Death knight Wing:
    Instructor Razuvious: 4 adds to control (no crystals like 10man version), so you WILL need 4 priests (he hits hard as hell, the adds can die fast)

Gothik the Harvester: easy as 10man, jsut more adds

The Four Horsemen: easier then 10man... basically same exact thing, just more hp/hit harder.

Plague Wing
    Noth the Plaguebringer
    Same just more adds/hp

Heigan the Unclean
    Dance dance dance!

Loatheb
    Alot more spores up, and has alot more hp

Abomination Wing (generally, all the fights are like "can you beat the enrage timer")
    Patchwerk
    Short enrage timer, has alot more hp... same thing as 10man

Grobbulus
    Same as 10man just more hp... maaaaaybe more mutugen injections

Gluth
    More adds

Thaddius
    Short enrage timer
    If 1-2 of your dps miss ledge/die during the fight, it can mean a enrage wipe easily.

Frostwyrm Lair
    Sapphiron
    More blizzards, more hp

Kel'Thuzad
    unlike 10man version.. has more adds(and they come faster) he can MC up to 3 people at a time I belive. When he calls for help 4 adds come instead of 2.

Generally... 25man versions of some stuff is easier then 10man.. and some 10man harder then 25man.

The eyebeam doesn't instagib anymore?
    It does, but it's so easy to avoid.. the only people getting hit by it would be the same nubs who get by Lurkers Water Beam (other than anyone who gets the eye beam casted on them).

We went into AQ40 with between 20 and 30 people (people kept leaving and coming in so our numbers kept changing), and cleared it in a little over an hour. Like other posters said, we zerged everything down except for twins which took a little planning and C'thun went down like a chump even with half our raid getting killed by the eye beam (yes they were nubs). For a fram of reference for anyone who did him at 60, Phase 1 only saw 1 eye beam and he was killed during his 2nd weakened state.