Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you like Resto now Druids?

Im really pullin my hair trying to decide which class to play to 80 now. I have 5 70s and have played since release... the problem is i have a kid now and i dont have the time to be leveling multiple chars.

I was resto on my druid through kara/SSC/TK and had no prob being a healer
    switched over to feral for a while, enjoyed that as well

I dont mind being a healer at 80 and since my resto gear can double as my balance gear it seems even better

So far in raiding hyjal and BT since the patch all i really feel i need to do is spam wild growth... im getting 3rd on the healing meter, almost no one is dying, and im almost always full mana.

Anyone else finding that resto is ridiculously ezmode healing now? I want some fun at 80.. not a 1 button spam or stacking lifebloom macros forever

Re: How do you like Resto now Druids?

It is indeed very easy now. But it always was, tbh. I haven't gotten into any higher-level raid content on my druid though, so I can't speak from experience on that.
    80 Rogue - Barristan of Spinebreaker (main)
    70 Warlock - Petyr of Spinebreaker
    70 Druid - Kathrisper of Spinebreaker

It really depends how you like playing a healer

I took my Priest through ZA and Gruuls last night - just as a test run. First time I have healed as a Priest for about a year. I felt much the same with him - lots of Coh, Pom & renew and not much else. Whereas my Druid who has gone from tree to Boomkin just seems fun fun fun. BLAM - 6k crit, BLAM - ooooh again...

The fact that the tank taking a beating means losing 1/2 his health and me going yawn - better get a heal on sometime soon I guess maybe...

Bet that when we are all undergeared it will feel waaaaaaaaaaaaaay different. I'm looking forward to it.

15+ Year Old Account

meh, sometimes I don't feel like i'm 'Healing' Just giving people much more overheal.

TBH, as you move along into SWP you really start to feel the strain on healing encounters (Pre-Nerf). Encounters were specifically made easier so:
    • You'd have an easier time adapting to new skills (not that resto's were affected as much as other healers who down-rank).
    • You'd be able to see more of the content that Blizzard has put out.
    Entering into SWP, 9-10 healers are required to down Kalecgos, and you'll be constantly spamming regrowths while keeping up LBs on MTs; in brutallus, you get massive damage on the raid from Burns/Meteor Slashes; in Felmyst, there are massive amounts of AoE damage, and it is important that the raid as a whole gets healed. The raids got harder; deal is that Blizzard kept releasing badge gear/welfare gear that kept making the game easier. Today, in order to step into SWP, you don't even need to step into BT/MH to be able to partake in the raid; which has changed ALOT since Vanilla WoW. Get all the badge pieces and arena pieces and you are eventually able to perform perfectly as any class, so the content gets easier.
    Kael today is a joke, one year ago guilds found him challenging today he's a joke. Having tanks with an extra 2k healths and 15% more avoidance and mitigation will do that.

The big change on druids here is they can basically perform a CoH priests role to a good extent as well. I find myself on Wild Growth spam a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by dsc
    I've been assraping a guild resto whom is better geared in heals on my COH priest.

:P

great to have one or two on tank duty, but right now they are hurting, and I have a resto druid.
    The only reason TBH why you are "ass-raping" the guild's restos is because their main heal got nerfed and your downranks got eliminated so you are forced to OH, aside from the fact that encounters are not going on long enough for you to go OOM and you now have a mana battery regardless of where he is in the raid. These level 80 talents / abilities were tailored for level 80 gameplay. All these "fixes" Blizzard is making to Ret Pallies/Moonkins is a mistake IMO.

PS A clear example to this is resto-shamans and HPriests in my guild being happy encounters are lasting less time to achieve because with the elimination of chain potting and downranking, they are going OOM in SWP. Aside from this restos have always used max rank spells; they've just had the single target healing spell nerfed to doom, forcing them to use other spells to keep up tanks (Glyphed/Talented/idoled HT).

What I can tell you is lets revert the 30% nerf on all encounters and take a guild who is currently laughing at BT and let them try council with the elimination of downranks and chain-pots; eventually you run out of mana.

My point is @ level 70, resto's aren't needed with extremely nerfed laughable content, but they will once again emerge at 80 with talents geared for it.

People need to look at what a resto druid is good at and what it is bad at in order to determine a fight that would challenge the class. Resto druids are great at rolling hots and now have the ability to group heal and also spam a roughly 4k hitting HT. Now which fights counters this and your answer is shouldn't consider any bosses in Hyjal or BT because not one of those encounters have hard hitting bosses with heavy raid dmg. Now the fight that should have been most challenging pre nerf (this also depends on what your assignment was) boss should have been the Erader Twins. Bosses that hit fairly hard and lots of raid dmg, replacing resto druid with chain healing shammies wasn't even a possibility till 3.0. After doing twins post-nerf the bosses die so fast that I can't even get a good judge on to weather or not the fight would have been hard if it lasted 4-5 minutes instead of less then 2. Also another fight is KJ which has huge fire bloom dmg along with constructs and a tank. Resto druid really get put to the test in this encounter even with the heavy arsenal of healing abilities this fight still needs a good variety of spell because WG alone isn't going to cut healing anyone taking raid dmg and rolling hots on them takes to long so a mix of both is required and finding the niche for dmg and what heals most effectively is where good resto druids will be placed above the average in terms of both healing done and mana consumption.

Progressing through 25-mans (not now) but as content got released, it was downright impossible to go through it without druids spamming HoTs on tanks. Now you can easily AoE heal a tank and keep him up (lol looking at SK Gamings 2 Shaman Healer Gorefiend @ No 2). The game got easier with gear; and the necesity to have HoTs on tanks to be healable is no longer so necessary. Can't wait for 80 though.
    As my guild progressed through SSC-SWP, restoration druids were always top healers in every fight (aside from SWP with the OP Chain Heal sigh).

i fell asleep healing on the ptr
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMoonkin
    i fell asleep healing on the ptr

I just healed BT again last night

I literally (no exaggeration) hit wildgrowth or rejuv EVERY time my GCD was available and never ran out of mana... i was sitting at 400mp/5 while casting raid buffed

Now a lot of ppl QQed about the lifebloom nerf... lawl go play beta. I enjoyed rolling 10 sec long lifeblooms (glyph + talent). With the extended time it makes up for the increase in mana cost, gives you PLENTY of time to throw WG, regrowth, rejuv, and even a HT in there if needed.

too bad hots still scale poorly with haste

Healing is a little more fun than it was before 3.0.2.

now i actually have to think about what spells i need to cast in BT. Do i want to spend the ~550 mana on a wild growth during Supremus? Should i swiftmend, or use my super totally awesome regrowth to get my MT up during Teron?

like, it's still the easiest job in the game.... it just got slightly more involved.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchunk
    Healing is a little more fun than it was before 3.0.2.

now i actually have to think about what spells i need to cast in BT. Do i want to spend the ~550 mana on a wild growth during Supremus? Should i swiftmend, or use my super totally awesome regrowth to get my MT up during Teron?

like, it's still the easiest job in the game.... it just got slightly more involved.
    you have to think as resto now? lawl

during supremus i just spam wild growth on everyone i can since they get pwned by volcanos on the kite phase.... its ez mode and i never run out of mana

Spamming wild growth on supremus ? you guys kidding or your raid suckass at running away from volcanos ?
    Wild growth is awesome on fights that have AoE damage like Bloodboil Gurtogg and Felmyst
    But spamming it sound retarded cuz you will just refresh the hot on the same persons (Thx cross grp healing)
    Dont wonder why you are the last on healing done meters
    You better use wild growth 2-3 time then spam rejuv and youll get higher HPS

BTW, dont speak like BT encounters are real tests
    I wasnt running OOM pre-nerfs and I was on top of most of healing meters (no i wasnt with a spriest in my grp, either chainning mana pots)
    This place is a joke now, even SWP
    Wait until lvl 80, you'll see the real challenge

But its fun to see 1.5M healing done in AVs

spamming WG is hard when it only has 15yards range especially people keep getting out of range depend on boss fight. I wish blizzard give WG the same range as regrowth

15+ Year Old Account

Dude...did you ever use WG? or just (mis)read the Tooltip? WG does have 40 Yard range. just the AoE effect is 15 Yards.

You fail man...

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrosesti
    Spamming wild growth on supremus ? you guys kidding or your raid suckass at running away from volcanos ?
    Wild growth is awesome on fights that have AoE damage like Bloodboil Gurtogg and Felmyst
    But spamming it sound retarded cuz you will just refresh the hot on the same persons (Thx cross grp healing)
    Dont wonder why you are the last on healing done meters
    You better use wild growth 2-3 time then spam rejuv and youll get higher HPS

BTW, dont speak like BT encounters are real tests
    I wasnt running OOM pre-nerfs and I was on top of most of healing meters (no i wasnt with a spriest in my grp, either chainning mana pots)
    This place is a joke now, even SWP
    Wait until lvl 80, you'll see the real challenge

But its fun to see 1.5M healing done in AVs
    actually i was #3 in healing and i have the worst gear of the 6 healer we had... gg

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    actually i was #3 in healing and i have the worst gear of the 6 healer we had... gg
    I dont think you went #3 with just wild growth
    If so, are the other healers went afk ? or they just suck ?