Timespan between buffs and nerfs

This isn't about how viable or powerful paladins are right now.

But I would really like to know is that why something that took 2 expansions to arrive (a viable dps system) is being altered within one patch.

It took until one of the later patches of TBC for some of the issues of retribution to be addressed, and for the class to become less ridiculous in terms of DPS and PVP viability. But it only took a few days after the 3.0 patch coming out for our burst capacity to be reduced, even though it was balanced at level 80.

The GM who announced the said changes said that if over time the changes proved to be bad, they would be glad to change them back but it's safe to say that Blizzard usually does a lot of testing and thorough considerations before buffing or nerfing any talent unless, as the GM said, "too many people point it out" and draw their attention towards the same issue.

I don't think we will stop being viable in either pvp or pve now or in level 80, but considering the damage output that other classes are putting out right now, and considering how soon the expansion is coming out from now, I don't think we should have received this "immediate" treatment when it will only hinder us later on in the expansion, when things will really matter.

In short, I think that any and all changes in any class should be addressed during similar timespans, and not too suddenly when the popular outcry of the players demands it.

We all remember how ridiculously powerful restoration druids were during the burning crusade and, despite the general outcries, Blizzard did next nothing to balance them during the duration of that expansion because changing their healing coefficient would "affect them greatly in pve".

I think that out of all the classes I've encountered in PVP, and from the damage I've seen done in PVE, all classes are good, with perhaps the exception of Enhancement shamans, which I feel lack either the survivability or the DPS burst that we do, in order to be as viable as we are in PVP.

We are capable of an incredibly high damage burst right now, and we are able to maintain that damage up properly both in pvp and pve, however, I have yet to meet a player of any class (with the exception of enhancement shamans) that wasn't able to defeat me by properly using his talents, or taking advantage of my class' weaknesses.

My two cents anyway, flame away.

Re: Timespan between buffs and nerfs

Couldn't agree more about your post rock on man... rock on!